Windows 10: Broken DVD Driver and SD reader?

Discus and support Broken DVD Driver and SD reader? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; These are two separate issues technically, but they have very similar circumstances, so I shall describe them in tandem. I will preface that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sofkovyumor, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Broken DVD Driver and SD reader?

These are two separate issues technically, but they have very similar circumstances, so I shall describe them in tandem. I will preface that my computer is quite old ~7 years old, runs Windows 10 and isn't eligible for an upgrade, and I can't say that I'm interested in one, either, so there's a good chance that these issues are simply due to hardware age. The issues are as follows:My DVD driver is no longer capable of reading DVD's, but only CD-ROM's and my SD Card reader is ... malfunctioning, to say the least.The issue with the DVD driver is straightforward: if I put in a DVD in, it just r

:)

sofkovyumor, Sep 26, 2022

2. SD card reader driver problem on Windows 10.

Hello Ewald,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

We appreciate the troubleshooting methods performed to resolve the issue on your own. However from the above description, I have noticed you have not tried updating the SD card reader driver from the
    Device manager option besides checking the SD card in the
    Disk management
    on connecting to the PC.

You may be facing the above issue due to the non-updated device driver as the device is working in a good condition on every other software but Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the SD card reader driver from the Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager form the context menu.
    • Expand Storage Controllers, right click on the card reader driver and select
      Update option from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 26, 2022
  3. sd card reader

Hi DarlaStever

My name is Marc, thanks for participating in the Microsoft Community, I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Causes of the problem that my PC does not read the SD card

What are the factors that cause the inaccessibility of the SD card, why does the PC not read sd card suddenly?

Many factors can cause this:

• Drive problem.

• Damaged or broken SD card.

• SD card reader does not work.

• Recent change of operating system?

• Have you formatted your laptop lately?

• Use card reader or integrated reader of the laptop?

• Bad sectors or mostly infected by viruses

1. Click Control Panel in the search area to start it.

2. Search for Device Manager.

3. Select the SD card - Properties, Driver - Update driver. You can also choose to "Automatically search for driver software for the update"

Update drivers from Device Manager

Method 3. Diagnose the situation of the SD card and solve problems

Step 1. Control panel - Troubleshooting.

Step 2. Select "Hardware and voice", to the next, "hardware and devices"

Step 3. Follow the instructions until you solve the problem

Please let me know if you have something else that I can help you with, I'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Marc M.

MarcMorelli56, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Broken DVD Driver and SD reader?

SD card reader driver problem on Windows 10.

Does not work for me. My chip is O2Micro Integrated MMC/SD ... HELP!!!

QuangNguyen4, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Broken DVD Driver and SD reader?

1. Broken DVD Driver and SD reader? - Similar Threads - Broken DVD Driver

2. Broken DVD Driver and SD reader?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken DVD Driver and SD reader?: These are two separate issues technically, but they have very similar circumstances, so I shall describe them in tandem. I will preface that my computer is quite old ~7 years old, runs Windows 10 and isn't eligible for an upgrade, and I can't say that I'm interested in one,...
  3. Broken DVD Driver and SD reader?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken DVD Driver and SD reader?: These are two separate issues technically, but they have very similar circumstances, so I shall describe them in tandem. I will preface that my computer is quite old ~7 years old, runs Windows 10 and isn't eligible for an upgrade, and I can't say that I'm interested in one,...
  4. SD Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card reader: I have an external sd card reader and it wont work on my pc. It works on my laptop and other stuff but it only doesnt work on this pc. It only recognizes the sd card reader as USB3.0 Card Reader but it wont read the sd card at all. I even tried buying and using another sd...
  5. built-in SD card reader driver error

built-in SD card reader driver error: The SD card is recognized and I'm ask what the computer wants me to do with it. But I can't drag anything onto it or download pictures from another one. When I try the message comes up that there's a problem with the driver. So I click "Fix driver". Then I'm told it is...
  6. sd card reader

sd card reader: Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or...
  7. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  8. sd card reader

sd card reader: My sd card reader isn't working .How can I get it back on ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/a9ecbe8c-3206-454a-960a-8b6f6ce13e12
  9. Internal SD reader

Internal SD reader: Hi, since the last window's 10 update my internal SD reader won't work. I understand I may need to update it's particular driver, however I wouldn't have a clue how to do this. I have tried troubleshooting etc already, but just keeps telling me that there are no issues. I had...
  10. Cannot find SD Card reader driver

Cannot find SD Card reader driver: Hi, I went on to do a fresh re-install of Windows 10 on this laptop (ASUS X550ZE-XX026H). Everything is working well but I couldn't find the SD Card reader driver for my laptop. I don't know which one in this link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - is...