Windows 10: broken Ethernet adapter driver - sees it as CD Drive

Discus and support broken Ethernet adapter driver - sees it as CD Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; windows 10 version: 1909 - 18363.778 Hi I have an obscure annoying issue, similar to here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-3d8c3a714f3c On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kingfitz, May 8, 2020.

1. kingfitz Win User

broken Ethernet adapter driver - sees it as CD Drive

windows 10 version: 1909 - 18363.778

Hi I have an obscure annoying issue, similar to here
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-3d8c3a714f3c

On my Lenovo IdeaPad Flex-14API a few weeks ago my Cable Creation gigabit ethernet to USB 3.0 adapter started giving me this autoplay popup as a CD Drive D: whenever I plug it in. It appears in Windows Device Manager as a USB Mass Storage Device, not how it should be under Network section as Realtek USB GBE Family Controller as here:

https://www.dell.com/support/article...r-sccm?lang=en

broken Ethernet adapter driver - sees it as CD Drive [​IMG]

It no longer works to plug into other devices to act as an ethernet cable for network diagnostic / testing (this laptop lacks a proper Eth port, hence the adapter). This is weird because Ive done nothing before a few weeks ago when it was working. I have since tried updating all system and network, usb drivers. I installed the Cable Creation manufacturer driver for the adapter. Still get this weird issue. I tried running as administrator the RTK_NIC_DRIVER_INSTALLER.sfx application within the popup drive D, and it basically does nothing but the Drive D disappears temporarily. Anyone have an idea for a fix? Need this for work.

:)

kingfitz, May 8, 2020
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

broken Ethernet adapter driver - sees it as CD Drive install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

broken Ethernet adapter driver - sees it as CD Drive pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

broken Ethernet adapter driver - sees it as CD Drive select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

broken Ethernet adapter driver - sees it as CD Drive Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, May 8, 2020
  3. Driver for Ethernet Adapter

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You might be facing the issue due to the incompatibility of the network drivers with Windows 10. So, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the network drivers and check.

Follow these steps to uninstall Network Adapters.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for Network Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the network adapter
      and select Uninstall.
    Now, I would also suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website and download the drivers for Windows 10. If the drivers for Windows 10 are not available, then you can download the drivers for Windows 8.1 and install them in compatibility
    mode and check.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 8, 2020
  4. broken Ethernet adapter driver - sees it as CD Drive

Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 8, 2020
Thema:

broken Ethernet adapter driver - sees it as CD Drive

1. broken Ethernet adapter driver - sees it as CD Drive - Similar Threads - broken Ethernet adapter

2. List of ethernet adapter drivers supported

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    List of ethernet adapter drivers supported: Hi, I am looking for the list of default ethernet adapter drivers available as part of Windows 10 Operating system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-of-ethernet-adapter-drivers-supported/2cb6bdc6-a6a9-4abc-94ca-f153d7c42867
  3. I cant see my cd drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant see my cd drive: i know it works and it work with a cheap usb adapter but not with a normal sata cable what do i have to do? submitted by /u/Joey_0w0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2spnw/i_cant_see_my_cd_drive/
  4. Windows10 Enumerates my USB-to-Ethernet-Adapter as a CD Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 Enumerates my USB-to-Ethernet-Adapter as a CD Drive: I have a Wavlink USB-c to Gigabit Ethernet adaper/USB hub, model WL-UH3031GC that when I plug it into my Lenovo IdeaPad S340 running Win10 Home ver 2004, it shows up as a CD drive. The USB plugs work on the hub but the Ethernet does not work. When I look at device manager, it...
  5. Problem with driver for ethernet and wireless adapter

Problem with driver for ethernet and wireless adapter: I have already tried a lot of fixes. I disabled and the enabled the drives in device management, I have uninstalled the software and restarted the pc, and I even tried to update the drivers from a USB. This started after I went onto my omen command center its an hp omen...
  6. broken Ethernet adapter driver - sees it as CD Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    broken Ethernet adapter driver - sees it as CD Drive: windows 10 version: 1909 - 18363.778 Hi I have an obscure annoying issue, similar to here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-3d8c3a714f3c On my Lenovo IdeaPad Flex-14API a few weeks ago my Cable Creation gigabit ethernet to USB 3.0 adapter started giving me this...
  7. do not see my cd drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    do not see my cd drive: my cd drive is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-not-see-my-cd-drive/3018fc51-d8bd-4d93-9d83-e47cf6553603
  8. See No CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    See No CD: After upgrading to build 10586 my pc no longer recognizing a CD or DVD placed in the drive. After inserting either disk the screen still asks to insert a blank. The drive does show up on "This PC" and shows up as operating well in device manager. There's no indication of...
  9. Problem with driver for Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter

Problem with driver for Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter: I have been using windows 10 for past few months. Internet was working fine with both Ethernet and Wi-Fi till yesterday. Today when I turned on Laptop , both of them stopped working. Problems found by Troubleshooter : * there might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi...
  10. Ethernet adapter hardware or software/driver issue?

Ethernet adapter hardware or software/driver issue?: I'm currently getting a strange issue with the on-board ethernet adapter on my older secondary system I use in the living room that I use for mainly just desktop apps. Before upgrading to Windows 10 pro x64 yesterday I was running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on this system and...