Windows 10: Broken Heatsink Clip

Discus and support Broken Heatsink Clip in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; While cleaning & replacing my CPU & Heatsink, one of the clips on the heatsink holder broke. I looked on Newegg & I can get a new holder set, but how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CJW, Jul 4, 2021.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Broken Heatsink Clip

While cleaning & replacing my CPU & Heatsink, one of the clips on the heatsink holder broke. I looked on Newegg & I can get a new holder set, but how do I make sure I get the right one? Do I search my motherboard name (ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0) / the motherboard CPU socket (AM3+)?

:)

2. how do I clip out a section of an audio file using movie maker

Hi Charles,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. I would suggest you to follow below steps to clip out,

1. Click on Start Menu, go to
      All programs and scroll up and click on Windows Movie Maker.
    2. Click on the Import media button, located along the toolbar.
    3. Browse and select the audio file.
    4. Select the play button.
    5. Click on the split icon located beneath Windows media player at the point in which you want to begin clipping the sound.
    6. Try playing the clipped track, if you intend to clip further. Select split when you reach the desired stopping point within the track.
    7. This will create a new track, titled Name of Song (2).

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jul 4, 2021
  3. How do I seat a heatsink properly?

Yeah same kinds of thing I've been suggesting to him, great minds think alike!

I think its most likely to be a clip problem, as he's had the same problem on a few heatsinks and on a few boards, so I think somehow he is damaging the clip.

pantherx12, Jul 4, 2021
  4. Broken Heatsink Clip

Bruce Hagen, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

Broken Heatsink Clip

1. Broken Heatsink Clip - Similar Threads - Broken Heatsink Clip

2. Game Clips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Clips: Usually, when i'm gaming and something weird or funny or so happens, i capture it with a 30 second clip from the xbox game bar and everything works, my mic, my mates on discord and the game gets captured, but as soon as i make a clip, where spotify is playing in the...
  3. clip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clip: hi pi want to ask something how save game clip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clip/f4127832-f3c8-4ca1-aafb-496bb5400255
  4. Testing NVME with and without Heatsink

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Testing NVME with and without Heatsink: Hi, I just got my new NVME drive and because of the controversy arout heatsinks being a good thing vs a bad thing, I figured maybe I could try both ways and measure temperatures with and without the heatsink. I'm assuming this is something tech nerds do? What would be a...
  5. Help with heatsink and thermal paste

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with heatsink and thermal paste: I recently noticed my fan was very loud and checked the heatsink the thermal paste needed replacement but I didn’t have any, I cleaned the heatsink but not the cpu and ordered thermal paste it will take 5 days to arrive can I still use my laptop without thermal paste for 5...
  6. What kind of screws I need for the CPU Heatsink?

in Windows 10 Support
    What kind of screws I need for the CPU Heatsink?: As you can see, there's only holes on the MoBo, the blue behind is the table where the pc case is laying on, sideways. Attachment 309782 Below you can see that there is nothing behind the MoBo (once it's installed). Attachment 309781 Attachment 309783 Is this what I...
  7. Gamebar clipping - no microphone in clips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gamebar clipping - no microphone in clips?: I'm making montages thru ALT-Win-G shortcut, but I would like to record my microphone in those clips too. Can't find anywhere in settings, does anybody know how to fix this? submitted by /u/Flyxor [link] [comments]...
  8. Screen Clipping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Clipping: When using the snip tool, it no longer gives me an option to save. The clipping is on the clipboard, but it no longer gives a pop up option to save it to pictures. It was working fine last time I used it, and now it is not. How do I fix it, and why does stuff like that always...
  9. Quick Question, What is that Passive Heatsink on Motherboard called

Quick Question, What is that Passive Heatsink on Motherboard called: [img] I'm referring to the Non-CPU heat-sink to the right over there, I just got into telling an old story to a Co-worker about this little tidbit I figured out about those Loosely connected Heat-sinks there in terms of what their purpose generally serves in starting up...
  10. better heatsink

better heatsink: What would people out there on these forums recommend for a better heatsink/cpu fan for a i7 2600k processor. My temps are sometimes spiking too close to the danger level and it cant be the thermal paste as Ive already checked that and its fine. I cant really afford to spend...