Windows 10: Broken internet

Discus and support Broken internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have wired internet and yesterday it suddenly stopped working, it says my network cable is not plugged in and occasionally says identifying unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mattyboy56912, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Broken internet

I have wired internet and yesterday it suddenly stopped working, it says my network cable is not plugged in and occasionally says identifying unknown network

The cabling is perfectly intact and worked when testing on my laptop, and it stopped working all of a sudden

I have tried different cables, reinstalling network drivers, using network commands in command prompt, disabling and enabling nrtwork drivers, resetting BIOS and even installing a clean copy of windows

None of this has worked

Please help

:)

mattyboy56912, Apr 3, 2019
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 3, 2019
  4. SUB
    SuB Win User

Broken internet

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

Thema:

Broken internet

1. Broken internet - Similar Threads - Broken internet

2. New Win11 21H2 PC blank Internet Information Services IIS Manager broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Win11 21H2 PC blank Internet Information Services IIS Manager broken: Hello,I have a new Acer desktop that successfully installs the Windows Feature Internet Information Services, but when the manager is opened all the components and icons or buttons are missing. I've tried multiple reinstalls of the feature and it's still broken. Have read...
  3. New Win11 21H2 PC blank Internet Information Services IIS Manager broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Win11 21H2 PC blank Internet Information Services IIS Manager broken: Hello,I have a new Acer desktop that successfully installs the Windows Feature Internet Information Services, but when the manager is opened all the components and icons or buttons are missing. I've tried multiple reinstalls of the feature and it's still broken. Have read...
  4. How Can I Fix a Broken Calendar and Internet Settings Task Bar Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Fix a Broken Calendar and Internet Settings Task Bar Menu?: When I click to open the internet and sound menu located in the Windows 11 taskbar, the menu opens, but there's nothing in it. And when I go to open the calendar and notifications menu, by clicking where the time is displayed, nothing opens. Notifications come through okay,...
  5. How Can I Fix a Broken Calendar and Internet Settings Task Bar Menu?

How Can I Fix a Broken Calendar and Internet Settings Task Bar Menu?: When I click to open the internet and sound menu located in the Windows 11 taskbar, the menu opens, but there's nothing in it. And when I go to open the calendar and notifications menu, by clicking where the time is displayed, nothing opens. Notifications come through okay,...
  6. Windows 11 update has broken my internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update has broken my internet: Since updating to windows 11 I can no longer access any website except Bing.com. I have used Opera and Edge and have tried the command line tricks with netsh and ipconfig. If I search through Bing I get results just fine but if I click on any of the links or try to go...
  7. Windows 11 update has broken my internet

Windows 11 update has broken my internet: Since updating to windows 11 I can no longer access any website except Bing.com. I have used Opera and Edge and have tried the command line tricks with netsh and ipconfig. If I search through Bing I get results just fine but if I click on any of the links or try to go...
  8. Maps location is broken, no matter what steps I find on the internet to fix it!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maps location is broken, no matter what steps I find on the internet to fix it!: Maps shows me in a very small town for the last few weeks. I have never been close to there. I have moved from Patterson WA, to Mt Hood Or, then to Rainier Or and now to Tillamook Or. Maps still shows me in someplace called Hoquaim Wa, around 106 miles north of my current...
  9. Maps location is broken, no matter what steps I find on the internet to fix it!

Maps location is broken, no matter what steps I find on the internet to fix it!: Maps shows me in a very small town for the last few weeks. I have never been close to there. I have moved from Patterson WA, to Mt Hood Or, then to Rainier Or and now to Tillamook Or. Maps still shows me in someplace called Hoquaim Wa, around 106 miles north of my current...
  10. Internet connection is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection is broken: I have noticed that I physically cannot turn internet connection on windows 10 - whenever I try to turn wifi on in the network settings, I have no option to do it photo below. I've already tried troubleshooter 3 times - no success....