Windows 10: Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

Discus and support Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nfshp253, Jun 5, 2020.

1. nfshp253 Win User

Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an example of such an issue with using the Jump Lists for Notepad++. Anyone know a solution to this?

Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004 [​IMG]

:)

nfshp253, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Jun 6, 2020
  3. MDJ
    MDJ Win User
    Windows 10 problem with duplicated icons in taskbar, broken Jump Lists

Hello,

I‘ve been recently having a problem with duplicated items in taskbar and broken Jump Lists. I‘m now using Windows 10 but this problem occurred in Windows 8.1 too but then it somehow fixed itself. Some programs that I pin to taskbar have a tendency to duplicate themselves when clicked on. For now, I‘ve noticed this behaviour only in Skype and Spotify but it‘s still very annoying since duplicate icons take valuable taskbar space and even more—make Jump Lists of those programs broken, meaning that you can still see tasks program developers provided but after you click them nothing happens.

I‘ve tried loads of times pinning, repinning, deleting whole User Pinned folder from %appdata%/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Quick Launch, clearing Jump List folders manually and automatically with Command Prompt commands as suggested here with no luck. The only thing I did achieve was when I pinned Skype to taskbar in my other user account, then copied the newly created shortcut from Use Pinned folder to my User Pinned folder—this made Skype Jump Lists working but duplicate icon in taskbar remained.

I‘ve recently found a tutorial which may force taskbar to use only one icon per app but I can‘t check this right now as 7+ Taskbar Tweaker isn‘t yet officially available for Windows 10 users.

Thank you for taking your time and reading my message, any suggestions would be appreciated,

P. S. I don‘t know if this is related but I can‘t pin any Control Panel item to Quick Access whilst I can pin folders. Interesting side of this is that pinned Control Panel items appear in File Explorer's Jump List but after clicked I get a message that item is unavailable and that it might have been moved, renamed or removed.

4. Riel Alc Win User

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004 - Similar Threads - Broken Jump Lists

2. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  3. JUMP Lists

in Windows 10 Customization
    JUMP Lists: Do JUMP Lists still work in the Windows 10 taskbar? For Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.1165. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-lists/30e338af-26cf-434d-9f56-d39d975ba257
  4. Broken Jump List - Movies and TV App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Jump List - Movies and TV App: [ATTACH] Here is goes - I am not embarrassed....I have a recent file on a Jump List and it will not go away. Was it worth it? She's 3X AVN POY - YES I right click on it and "Remove from this list" but it does not take. It sticks there for all to see. This seems to be...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 jump list is broken (again)

Windows 10 20H2 jump list is broken (again): After some time, I had decided to upgrade my Windows 10 1909 to 20H2. Once 20H2 is installed, the bugs that I encountered when I upgrade to 2004 are back and not fix by any update. My PC is ACER NITRO 5 with i5-8300H cpu with GTX1050 gpu and 8GB RAM. Last time I had...
  6. Microsoft IME broken after upgrading to Build 2004

Microsoft IME broken after upgrading to Build 2004: After freshly upgrading to Build 2004, I noticed that my Microsoft IME for Japanese was broken. As soon as I tried to change the language to it either via keyboard shortcut or the language bar, the language bar disappears and nothing happens. Nothing I did in the settings...
  7. Windows 10 version 2004 Jump Lists Not Working

Windows 10 version 2004 Jump Lists Not Working: Hi I have just updated to version 2004 of Windows 10. Since then, Jump Lists for File Explorer, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote have stopped working. When you click on them and the corresponding app is already open, the folder/file/OneNote does not open. There is no...
  8. Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004: [ATTACH] Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an...
  9. Jump list

Jump list: If you don't want jump list on the web browser in the taskbar 1.Settings 2.personalisation 3.start 4.Show recently opened items in jump list on start or the taskbar, click off. However this works only once, when you reboot and use your web browser, the jump list ends up...
  10. jump list

jump list: hello people is there a hack or tweak out there that wil let me change the order of my pinned itmes in the jumplist you used to be able to drag them,,, but no more 92365