Windows 10: Broken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop?

Discus and support Broken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Broken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Les.2, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Les.2 Win User

Broken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop?

:)

Les.2, Mar 6, 2019

2. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Retail key to new laptop

I recently upgraded my old laptop to Windows 10 Pro Retail (not the free upgrade). Shortly after that, I got a new laptop, but it runs Windows 8. Since I already used the key on my old laptop, is it still possible to transfer the Windows 10 Pro Retail
    onto the new laptop? I don't plan on keeping the old laptop anymore, but I don't want the Windows 10 key to go to waste.

NickLee808, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Transfer win 10 pro to other laptop

i have updated win 10 pro (retail) in my older laptop, but due to its low configuration its very slow. Now I have purchased new branded HP laptop. So how to transfer licence from my old laptop to my new laptop.

Mahesh Salunke, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Rebakker Win User

License transfer from OEM/Edu retail to new laptop

My children (students) are in need of a newer laptop. I want to transfer the complete installation (system backup) of their current laptops to their new ones.

I bought one laptop (laptop A) with a 'Win 10 RTM Core OEMBroken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop? :DM' license (Windows 10 Home).

I want to transfer the system backup of laptop B ('Win 8.1 RTM Core OEMBroken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop? :DM' license which is upgraded to a 'Win 10 RTM Education Retail') to laptop A.

And I want to transfer the system backup of laptop C ('Win 8 RTM Core OEMBroken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop? :DM' license which is also upgraded to a 'Win 10 RTM Education Retail') to laptop B.

How can I perform the (re)activation or other license concerns with this transfer of the system backup?

Or if the OEM product keys are tied to the original laptops, how do I change the OEM product key of laptop A after system backup recovery to it's original 'Win 10 RTM Core OEMBroken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop? :DM' and keep the 'Win 10 RTM Education Retail' upgrade ?

Rebakker, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Broken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop? - Similar Threads - Broken laptop Pro

2. Transferring from old broken laptop to new.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring from old broken laptop to new.: My old laptop no longer boots. The cursor shows up and moves around, but nothing else happens. What is the best way to get files off of the old hard drive? Cand I simple hook up my new laptop to my old with a USB cord and access the old drive that way?...
  3. Transferring from old broken laptop to new.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring from old broken laptop to new.: My old laptop no longer boots. The cursor shows up and moves around, but nothing else happens. What is the best way to get files off of the old hard drive? Cand I simple hook up my new laptop to my old with a USB cord and access the old drive that way?...
  4. Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop: I have a Windows 11 Pro digital retail license which I used in my older laptop. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 Home installed by default. I uninstalled my Pro key from my old laptop using `slmgr /upk && slmgr /cpky` commands and even wiped my hard disk of old...
  5. Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop: I have a Windows 11 Pro digital retail license which I used in my older laptop. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 Home installed by default. I uninstalled my Pro key from my old laptop using `slmgr /upk && slmgr /cpky` commands and even wiped my hard disk of old...
  6. how do i transfer win 10 pro to new laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i transfer win 10 pro to new laptop: okay so as the title says i want to transfer win 10 pro from my old laptop to new one which will come with windows 10 home, the window 10 pro license in my old laptop is retail version. how do i do this ? submitted by /u/AceLeader2998 [link] [comments]...
  7. Transferring Windows 10 Pro License from broken Desktop to new Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows 10 Pro License from broken Desktop to new Laptop: I've got a new laptop as a desktop replacement. The desktop is no longer functioning fan and other issues but I have the boot SSD which is licensed as Pro. The laptop only has Windows Home. Is there a way to recover my Pro license from the SSD? TIA!...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to a new laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to a new laptop: How can I find the product code for my retail purchased Windows 10 Pro? I do not have the confirmation email from the time of purchase. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-pro-to-a-new-laptop/74c1c3e5-faf0-4845-85fa-8c8c4642482c"
  9. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new laptop

Windows 10 Pro transfer to new laptop: I did a stupid thing with my laptop that I purchased from Best Buy store open box laptop. I purchased a windows 10 pro license before I knew it has enterprise... never expected it to have enterprise, but it did. So I used pro for a few months and now I have a new laptop...
  10. Transfer RETAIL Windows 10 from old laptop to new machine?

Transfer RETAIL Windows 10 from old laptop to new machine?: Hi guys, I've got a really old laptop that's struggling with Windows and I'd love to give it more life running as a basic stripped down Linux web-browser. But I have a full RETAIL Windows 10 product key, and would love to bootcamp Windows on my iMac. Do I need to 'uninstall'...