Windows 10: Broken link after windows 10 update

Discus and support Broken link after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the update maybe 2004 and now my links to a program have failed. What do I do? Thanks AL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alafau, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Alafau Win User

Broken link after windows 10 update

I installed the update maybe 2004 and now my links to a program have failed. What do I do?

Thanks

AL

:)

Alafau, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 12, 2020
  3. yogalD Win User
    Settings links broken

Looks like some of the links in Windows Settings are broken (I think they only broke after the Anniversary Update). If anyone knows how to fix this it would be most welcome.

• In Settings>System>About, clicking "Device Manager" at the bottom of the page results in an error:
      Broken link after windows 10 update [​IMG]
    • Every link to Device Manager in Settings gives the same error
    • System>Display>Advanced Display Settings>Color Management, Color Calibration, ClearType text, and Display adapter properties give an error
    • Devices>Mouse and Touchpad>Additional mouse options: error again
    • Network & Internet>Change adapter options: error
    • Probably many more links are broken, I didn't bother to check.
    Seriously, WTF Microsoft. And I'm usually the one who never has any problems with Windows, so this must be serious.

yogalD, Aug 12, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Broken link after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Broken link update

2. Broken link to the Windows 10 IoT Dashboard.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken link to the Windows 10 IoT Dashboard.: The link on the page https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/connect-your-device/iotdashboard Windows 10 IoT Core Dashboard to download the dashboard https://iottools.blob.core.windows.net/iotdashboard/setup.exe IS BROKEN. All we others too get is This XML file...
  3. Broken link to the Windows 10 IoT Dashboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken link to the Windows 10 IoT Dashboard.: The link on the page https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/connect-your-device/iotdashboard Windows 10 IoT Core Dashboard to download the dashboard https://iottools.blob.core.windows.net/iotdashboard/setup.exe IS BROKEN. All we others too get is This XML file...
  4. Windows broken after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows broken after update: I recently re-installed Windows again, as it was running slowly and acting poorly not refreshing explorer automatically etc. Last night it did updates which broke my system again. This has been going on for 2 years now. I am extremely upset that these updates are FORCED on my...
  5. Windows broken after update

Windows broken after update: I recently re-installed Windows again, as it was running slowly and acting poorly not refreshing explorer automatically etc. Last night it did updates which broke my system again. This has been going on for 2 years now. I am extremely upset that these updates are FORCED on my...
  6. Broken Link in Windows 10 OS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Link in Windows 10 OS: If you go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Problem Details and then click "Learn how to report problems and check for solutions automatically." it will go to [ATTACH] the URL https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=517009 which is broken...
  7. Link Broken?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Link Broken?: The article "Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed" has this link in which it provides the link to the troubleshooter which is the Microsoft Installation Troubleshooter. The problem is that the link appears to be broken or down and it says: 404...
  8. Broken windows 10 after bios update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken windows 10 after bios update: Ok so after updating my bios to the newest version windows has seemed to half uninstall itself because the base windows works it's only the windows 10 programs and features that don't. when I right-click the windows icon or press the Windows button + x nothing happens when I...
  9. Broken windows 10 after bios update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken windows 10 after bios update: Ok so after updating my bios to the newest version windows has seemed to half uninstall itself because the base windows works it's only the windows 10 programs and features that don't. when I right-click the windows icon or press the Windows button + x nothing happens when I...
  10. Broken Links in Windows 10 Update History

Broken Links in Windows 10 Update History: I suspect this is 'known but unfixed' but I'll try to get a reply. I like to konw what's happening to my PC, so after Windows Update says I need 4 driver updates, I install the updates and then go back to "View Update History", if I click on *ANY* of the links I get...