Windows 10: Broken Link in Start List: ms-resource:AppName/Text

Discus and support Broken Link in Start List: ms-resource:AppName/Text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi After upgrading to Windows 10 version 1809, there has been a broken app in start list called ms-resource:AppName/Text. The link does not work,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jake1_745, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Jake1_745 Win User

Broken Link in Start List: ms-resource:AppName/Text

Hi

After upgrading to Windows 10 version 1809, there has been a broken app in start list called ms-resource:AppName/Text. The link does not work, right-clicking does not bring up a file location, and when App Settings is clicked, Settings either crashes, or shows "Apps and features" in which this entry is not present. It is also not in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. The link has the Mixed Reality Portal logo. This only occurred after I renamed the Microsoft.Windows.HolographicFirstRun file, by adding BAK_ to the start of the file (I read somewhere it would disable the app). The broken entry used to just have a blue icon. I had this issue before in version 1803, but I was able to access the settings of the broken app, and either clicking "Reset" or "Repair" removed the link. (By the way, the broken link I had in 1803 was not called ms-resource:AppName/Text, but they were likely related to the Mixed Reality Portal program as in the name there was "holographic")

If nothing can be done, I will put up with it, it doesn't seem to be harming my system in any way. With that being said, it is quite ugly and very pointless. It would be great if it could be removed.

Thanks

Jake

Broken Link in Start List: ms-resource:AppName/Text 34faf876-78df-4e2f-adfe-d1124eaf8801?upload=true.jpg Broken Link in Start List: ms-resource:AppName/Text fcc100d4-6c4e-407c-b32a-83850ad1470e?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jake1_745, Dec 13, 2018
  2. dm33tri Win User

Phantom app in start menu

In the start menu I have item named @{Microsoft.WindowsFeedback_10.0.10586.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy?ms-resource://Microsoft.WindowsFeedback/FeedbackApp.Resources/Appname/Text} which can not be deleted nor launched.

App is not on the get-appxpackage's list also. How do I get rid of it?

dm33tri, Dec 13, 2018
  3. mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text

Hi Watson,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

We would suggest you to follow the below step and let us know if that helps you.

Check for the mutant file "ms-resource:AppName/Text".
    and delete it from the below location.

• C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 13, 2018
  4. W1zzard Win User

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Broken Link in Start List: ms-resource:AppName/Text - Similar Threads - Broken Link Start

2. Posts to MS Answers out of date - broken links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Posts to MS Answers out of date - broken links: One of the problems with the present is it has a tendency to become the past very quickly - and the older we get the more quickly time goes... I sound like my grandparents - and my parents - oh, I am a grandparent...Data often has a shelf-life. Posts to MSA definitely has a...
  3. Posts to MS Answers out of date - broken links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Posts to MS Answers out of date - broken links: One of the problems with the present is it has a tendency to become the past very quickly - and the older we get the more quickly time goes... I sound like my grandparents - and my parents - oh, I am a grandparent...Data often has a shelf-life. Posts to MSA definitely has a...
  4. Posts to MS Answers out of date - broken links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Link Broken?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Link Broken?: The article "Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed" has this link in which it provides the link to the troubleshooter which is the Microsoft Installation Troubleshooter. The problem is that the link appears to be broken or down and it says: 404...
  6. Ms-get-started link message

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ms-get-started link message: I did an update for Windows this morning. When the update was complete It didn't allow me to log into my laptop. Eventually I was able to get in but it didn't save any of my original information. So I had to log into everything over again. When I try to open the Microsoft...
  7. ms-resource

ms-resource: Impossible to get rid of "ms-resource" apps that appears after system restore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-resource/50a3b08d-fb6e-4d14-86d9-c469d411e6f4
  8. Start Menu Broken Apps List entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Broken Apps List entry: So I recently tried to uninstall the pre-installed version of Microsoft Office from my computer, and install Office 365 from my educational institution in its place. To my knowledge I did so successfully, with a small exception. I managed to remove most of the original...
  9. Broken shortcut on Start Menu program list

Broken shortcut on Start Menu program list: I found a broken shortcut on my account's Start Menu program list, located all the way on the bottom. [img] Right-clicking and uninstalling doesn't do anything. I tried some of the solutions found online and most of them don't work. Is there any way for me to fix this...
  10. How to Remove File Broken Link from Uninstall List?

How to Remove File Broken Link from Uninstall List?: I uninstalled a program using the program's uninstaller, which was successful, but it left its file name in the Windows uninstaller list. When I click "uninstall" to clear it off, I get an error message that the "target file does not exist" and the file name will not remove...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms-resource:appname/text

2. ms-resource:AppName/Text resolved

3. appname/text

4. ms resource appname text,
  5. holographicfirstrun/resources/appname/text,
  6. what is ms-resource:AppName/text,
  7. ms resource appname text resolved,
  8. ms-resource appname-text,
  9. ms-resources appname/text,
  10. ms-resource:appname,
  11. ms-resource:appname/text holographicfirstrun,