Windows 10: Broken links for LifeCam software and firmware

Discus and support Broken links for LifeCam software and firmware in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to download LifeCam HD firmware update and 3.6 software but all links in the page below are broken 404 error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David_185, Mar 6, 2021.

1. David_185 Win User

Broken links for LifeCam software and firmware

I'm trying to download LifeCam HD firmware update and 3.6 software but all links in the page below are broken 404 error:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/get-firmware-drivers-and-software-for-microsoft-lifecam-cameras-4de0695c-8b9c-8666-24a8-ecd3d7a5d79b

Such as this one:

https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/5/7/95767037-6D75-42FE-AAD4-2BCA48150248/LifeCam3.60.exe

I'd appreciate alternative links or a fix.

:)

David_185, Mar 6, 2021

2. LifeCam Software Got Uninstalled After Windows Update.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the name of the update that was installed prior to this issue?
    2. What is the complete model number of your Microsoft LifeCam?
    3. What is the complete error message that you get when you run the application from the CD-ROM?
    4. Is the camera working in all other applications except Skype?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to download and install the latest LifeCam software by following the below steps.

Also, try using a different USB port on the computer. If you can, connect to a USB 2.0 port and disconnect other unused USB devices from the computer.

Step 1: Go to
    Device Software Downloads
    and search for your LifeCam model in the Search for download section.

Step 2: Once you enter your LifeCam model, then click on the
    LifeCam driver
    link > Select the Operating System and
    Language
    > Download and install the LifeCam drivers on your computer.

For reference, you may also refer to
    Common LifeCam Issues
    and check if this helps.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

If my answer has helped, then please upvote or mark as an answer.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 6, 2021
  3. LemP Win User
    Microsoft LifeCam 3.5

Device Manager Error Code 43 could mean either a problem with the hardware or the driver.

Please confirm that you have some edition of Windows 7.

Unplug the webcam and connect it to one of the other computers. Does it work there? If so, the problem is with the driver on the problem computer; if not, the camera itself has failed.

Which actual LifeCam model do you have (3.5 appears to relate to the software release)?

According to this Microsoft article (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...rs-and-software-for-microsoft-lifecam-cameras),

• for LifeCam Cinema, LifeCam HD-3000, LifeCam Studio, and LifeCam VX-800, no additional software, firmware, or drivers are needed.
    • for LifeCam HD-5000, HD-5001, and HD-6000 for Notebooks, the current software is
      LifeCam 3.6 software
    • for LifeCam VX-1000, use LifeCam 3.2 software
    Assuming the webcam works on another computer, I suggest the following:

1. With the webcam still disconnected from the problem computer, open Device Manager. If there is an entry for the webcam (under "Imaging devices"), right-click and select "Uninstall."
    2. If there was not entry for the webcam in Device Manager, connect it, and then right-click and "Uninstall" it.
    3. Restart the computer. Windows will detect the webcam and attempt to install it.
    If that doesn't help, disconnect the webcam.

Click Start, type appwiz.cpl in the Search box, and press Enter

If there is an entry for LifeCam software, select it and click the "uninstall" button.

Assuming that you have one of the supported models, click on the link above to download LifeCam3.60.exe

Run the download file and connect the webcam when prompted to do so by the software

LemP, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Broken links for LifeCam software and firmware

LifeCam Software Will not work

Hi Peter738 and thanks for reaching out. My name is Joseph. I'm an independent advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

Get firmware, drivers, and software for Microsoft LifeCam cameras

You may try following these steps. Check this article for detailed instructions. It is written by Windows Support, so it is safe.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/449688...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Joseph Y. M., Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Broken links for LifeCam software and firmware

1. Broken links for LifeCam software and firmware - Similar Threads - Broken links LifeCam

2. Broken driver links for LifeCam HD-5001 on Microsoft website

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken driver links for LifeCam HD-5001 on Microsoft website: There are two issues with my lifecam HD-5001. The lifecam microphone volume is too low and it constantly does auto focus. When I looked up online for any driver updates, I noticed that the driver links on Microsoft website below are broken 404 Error....
  3. HD-5000 firmware update & LifeCam 3.6 links broken - where are the working links?

HD-5000 firmware update & LifeCam 3.6 links broken - where are the working links?: I have tried to download the HD-5000 firmware update and LifeCam 3.6 software but the links that your website provides, given below, fail with "file not found". Where can I find this software please? From "LifeCam HD-5000" page working link......
  4. Link Broken?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Link Broken?: The article "Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed" has this link in which it provides the link to the troubleshooter which is the Microsoft Installation Troubleshooter. The problem is that the link appears to be broken or down and it says: 404...
  5. LifeCam Studio recording software

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    LifeCam Studio recording software: where do you find the recording software included with lifecam studio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio-recording-software/b1ea25b7-f610-4f3b-8319-c5352e8aa1fa
  6. LifeCam Software Will not work

LifeCam Software Will not work: So I need a webcam for my college classes and I do have one. It is the Microsoft LifeCam HD-6000. I have a problem where it keeps on auto focusing. The only way I can turn that off is through the software I think. I download the software and try to install it but it says the...
  7. Software for LifeCam Studio

Software for LifeCam Studio: I'm trying to get LifeCam Studio up and running. I've seen references to software for it in support but no mention where one might get that software. I've seen drivers available but then a note that says none is needed for LifeCam Studio. My computer doesn't see anything...
  8. Broken Link for Sculpt Comfort Keyboard Software

Broken Link for Sculpt Comfort Keyboard Software: Nowhere did I find a way to report broken links on the microsoft website.The Sculpt Comfort Keyboard software download link is not working and I would like to ask someone for help to find out how to fix it.I recently bought this hardware and would like to download the...
  9. LifeCam 3.0 Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LifeCam 3.0 Software: I reinstalled Windows 10(Edge) and now I cannot run use LifeCam 3.0 with original software. I tried to look for updates, but cannot find any. Is LifeCam 3.0 no more supported/ Any way to be able to use the camera?...
  10. Firmware driver broken?

Firmware driver broken?: My laptop is basically brand new (I got it for Christmas 2018.) (IT CAME WITH TONS OF UPDATES THAT NEEDED DOING AND I DOWNLOADED THEM ALL) , I keep having issues with the wireless connection to my wifi even though we have bought boosters for the hope the problem will be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lifecam 3.6 cd driver