Windows 10: Broken local network connection after v2004 update

Discus and support Broken local network connection after v2004 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have been using four systems on a home network for several years. It consists of a Windows 10 Enterprise PC; a Windows 10 Professional PC, and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KeithHarris, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Broken local network connection after v2004 update

Hi

I have been using four systems on a home network for several years.

It consists of a Windows 10 Enterprise PC; a Windows 10 Professional PC, and a dual boot PC with both systems also Windows 10 Professional.

All are 64-bit and all have been updated to the latest v2004 as released in May/June 2020.

After updating to the new 2004 release, my home network is now broken.

I have methodically checked all system settings and they are all as they should be to allow file/printer sharing etc etc on a Private network.

All PCs are members of the same Workgroup.

However, the Enterprise edition is able to see PC2 on the local network but unable to connect to it.

I have uploaded the error message here:.

Broken local network connection after v2004 update 9b302296-4b88-4e67-944a-2c4deb6fdaef?upload=true.jpg

I have tried enabling allow unauthorised guest access via gpedit.msc plus every other trick in the book, all to no avail.

Can someone assist in answering why this is happening and how it can be corrected?

Red lines show no connection - green lines connection OK.
    ALL shared files etc are visible to all PCs.

Broken local network connection after v2004 update 6741ab61-8099-468b-a32c-e1898193eeb1?upload=true.jpg

:)

KeithHarris, Jun 6, 2020

2. Missing field Connect using in Local Area Connection Properties

Have you tried uninstalling the Network Adapter? Since there is no properties in the Local Area Connection, we suggest that you uninstall the Network Adapter. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc.
    • Right click on the Network Adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Select Ok.
    • Select Scan for Hardware changes.
    Update us on the results.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 6, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Broken local network connection after v2004 update [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Broken local network connection after v2004 update [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Broken local network connection after v2004 update

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Broken local network connection after v2004 update

1. Broken local network connection after v2004 update - Similar Threads - Broken local network

2. Network printing via local port broken after W10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network printing via local port broken after W10 update: Due to several factors, some of our systems must print to shared printers via a local port pointing at the network shared printer. After a machine that is hosting a shared printer installs Feature Update to Windows 10. Version 2004 - this no longer works. Previously after a...
  3. Network printing via local port broken after W10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network printing via local port broken after W10 update: Due to several factors, some of our systems must print to shared printers via a local port pointing at the network shared printer. After a machine that is hosting a shared printer installs Feature Update to Windows 10. Version 2004 - this no longer works. Previously after...
  4. Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004?: Is robocopy in Win 10 v2004 totally borked? I have been using a batch file for 5 years now to robocopy my documents, desktop, etc to a folder on my Synology NAS. I bought a new Dell, upgraded it to v2004 kicking myself. I changed my script to robocopy from my NAS to my new...
  5. Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update

in Cortana
    Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update: Does anyone have any advice on how to fix search being broken after v2004 feature update? - File Explorer unable to type anything in the search bar - Windows/ Start Menu unable to type anything to search - Search Icon/Bar unable to type anything or respond when click -...
  6. No network connection after update

No network connection after update: Today I had "Definition Updates" and "Driver Updates" for HP. My laptop is HP Envy and after restarting the computer I'm not able to see any networks. I was trying to do many things found on Internet. When trying to press start in WLAN AutoConfig the following information...
  7. After updating to WIndows 10 v2004, cannot map network drives

After updating to WIndows 10 v2004, cannot map network drives: Hi, How can I solve this problem after updating to windows 10 v2004 from v1909, i cannot map network drives/shares anymore, everything was working fine before the update, the shares are located in a windows server v1809. When i try to connect the shares on map a network...
  8. Local disk search broken after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local disk search broken after update: After the latest update, when you search from the explorer window it does not find anything from local disk. What is funny, for my mounted onedrive disk (and downloade offline files) the search works as intended. No changes in the indexing and search options comparing with...
  9. Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates

Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates: Hi there I can't figure out what's broken this time again with networking I can't connect to NAS (Linux) server any more -- refuses to accept password even though it's correct. Connect works perfectly on W7 and also FROM the NAS TO Windows 10. Anyway here's the result of...
  10. Updates on Local Network

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates on Local Network: If I have three computers on local network and only one has internet access will this update all machines on local network? [img] 41718