Windows 10: Broken lock screen, have to put the computer to sleep again to use

Discus and support Broken lock screen, have to put the computer to sleep again to use in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my laptop started to have this random lock screen glitch and I don't know why it's happening. It happens randomly. I'm running Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by osly, Oct 7, 2018.

1. osly Win User

Broken lock screen, have to put the computer to sleep again to use

So my laptop started to have this random lock screen glitch and I don't know why it's happening. It happens randomly.

I'm running Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.285.

:)

osly, Oct 7, 2018

2. lock screen - sleep problems

Hi Kenny,

For us to isolate your concern with lock screen and sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Oct 7, 2018
  4. John Z NC Win User

Computer hangs at lock screen

Good suggestion, but the symptom occurs after wakeup from a sleep displays the lock screen. Something happens while the computer sleeps to hang the lock screen. Will the computer sleep from safe mode?

The computer seems to operate normally after a reboot until the next sleep/wake. Right now I plan to close all windows before letting the computer sleep to see if that prevents the issue. If it does I'll leave commonly used applications open one at a time.

I'll try the safe mode boot and clean boot next if closing applications before sleeping does not help.

John Z NC, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Broken lock screen, have to put the computer to sleep again to use - Similar Threads - Broken lock screen

2. Lock screen/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  3. broken lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    broken lock screen: issue: stuck on lock screen but it’s not showing the date and time, and nothing happens when i try to open my log in screeni cant get into my pc and had this problem so many timesturning my pc on and off works but i dont wanna have to do it every time i encounter this...
  4. Putting computer to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Putting computer to sleep: Can anyone help me with this one. No matter what I do in the power settings the computer will not go to sleep after the 5 minutes that I have set. I have done the bit in the advance, but no matter what I do the computer will not go into sleep mode unless I put in there...
  5. Auto Lock Computer when put to sleep?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto Lock Computer when put to sleep?: I'm looking to have my computer automatically lock when it is put to sleep, for some reason I am not seeing this setting directly in sign-in options despite the assurance that it is there, and it is not in lock screen settings?...
  6. Putting a computer to sleep on a timer using a batch file.

Putting a computer to sleep on a timer using a batch file.: As the subject says, I would love a .bat file that will put my computer to sleep in 2 hours, 72,000 seconds. Can someone help me out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/putting-a-computer-to-sleep-on-a-timer-using-a/33ae60ac-4023-43c4-894d-872e9a0f60e6
  7. Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen: Hello, is there a way to put second monitor to sleep when lock screen is on? When I lock computer, my second monitor is black (normal behaviour), so i want to turn it off automatically to save power, and leave primary monitor on. Thanks. submitted by /u/PovilasC [link]...
  8. Putting the screen to sleep manually?

Putting the screen to sleep manually?: Years ago I use to have an app that would let me put the screen to sleep simply by moving the cursor to any corner of the screen (for privacy). Recently someone (here?) gave me a command (it may have been a sortcut, or seperate app) that would tell Windows to do this. I had...
  9. Computer idle to lock screen instead of sleep.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer idle to lock screen instead of sleep.: I have a strange question that I haven't seen asked yet. For aesthetic reasons, i would like my pc to cycle back to the lock screen when idle for 10 minutes. I have already extended the time which the lock screen will stay displayed to an hour, but i would like my pc to enter...
  10. Difficulty putting computer to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty putting computer to sleep: Now that I have WIN10 it's not possible for me to easily put the computer to sleep. The Power button shows the three options but a single click or a double click on SLEEP yields a dark screen but then an active screen reappears in about 6 seconds. Anyone have a clue? I'd...