Windows 10: Broken lock screen, have to put the computer to sleep again to use

Discus and support Broken lock screen, have to put the computer to sleep again to use in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my laptop started to have this random lock screen glitch and I don't know why it's happening. It happens randomly. I'm running Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by osly, Oct 7, 2018.

1. osly Win User

Broken lock screen, have to put the computer to sleep again to use

So my laptop started to have this random lock screen glitch and I don't know why it's happening. It happens randomly.

I'm running Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.285.

:)

osly, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Michael Gall Win User

lock screen - sleep problems

Hi Kenny,

For us to isolate your concern with lock screen and sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Oct 7, 2018
  4. John Z NC Win User

Computer hangs at lock screen

Good suggestion, but the symptom occurs after wakeup from a sleep displays the lock screen. Something happens while the computer sleeps to hang the lock screen. Will the computer sleep from safe mode?

The computer seems to operate normally after a reboot until the next sleep/wake. Right now I plan to close all windows before letting the computer sleep to see if that prevents the issue. If it does I'll leave commonly used applications open one at a time.

I'll try the safe mode boot and clean boot next if closing applications before sleeping does not help.

John Z NC, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Broken lock screen, have to put the computer to sleep again to use - Similar Threads - Broken lock screen

2. Lock Screen changing broken.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen changing broken.: Hi! So a few weeks ago, I changed my lock screen to one of my video games that I play on my windows laptop. And now this month that every time I want to change it, It won't change. Its just stuck on the loading screen, also every time I escape or click another button, it...
  3. Locked Computer Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked Computer Screen: I have realised that I have been scammed, thought I was talking to Microsoft about my computer being locked. Now that they have my information could you kindly advise what I can do to protect my computer from any further violations from these people. I feel pretty stupid...
  4. Computer will not go to sleep (lock screen) via timeout

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not go to sleep (lock screen) via timeout: So I have been having this problem for a couple of months and I do not know what to do. I have tried so many different things from many posts and I can't find anything that works. A few months ago I replaced my boot drive with an SSD drive. I did this by plugging in the SSD,...
  5. Have Lock Screen Activate When Windows Goes to Sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have Lock Screen Activate When Windows Goes to Sleep: Is there a way to set Windows that if the screen is put to sleep but not the computer, that when the screen is woken it will be on the lock screen? 13984
  6. Windows Update Seems to have broken my lock screen.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Seems to have broken my lock screen.: Hello, I am hoping this is the right section to post in. It seems that a new Windows 10 update has broken my lock screen. The lock screen background is no longer present, filled in with just a black screen with the time and date in the corner, as per usual. Pushing buttons...
  7. Difficulty putting computer to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty putting computer to sleep: Now that I have WIN10 it's not possible for me to easily put the computer to sleep. The Power button shows the three options but a single click or a double click on SLEEP yields a dark screen but then an active screen reappears in about 6 seconds. Anyone have a clue? I'd...
  8. should i put computer to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    should i put computer to sleep?: shout i leave the power options alone? like iof i am converting a video? 19554
  9. no sleep option in lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    no sleep option in lock screen: sorry if this has been asked before, but i couldn't find anything about a missing sleep option from the lock screen, only a shut down option. i recently had to reinstall windows 10 (home), and since i've reinstalled, i've lost my sleep option from the lock screen. i can...
  10. Closing lid does not put computer to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Closing lid does not put computer to sleep: Brand new Dell XPS-13 with Windows 10 Creators Update My laptop does NOT go to sleep when the lid is closed. PLEASE NOTE the following: Settings>System>Power Options>"Choose what closing the lid does">"When I close the lid">Sleep Sleep is the option. 88530