Windows 10: Broken Mic

Discus and support Broken Mic in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am honestly so freaking frustrated at this point. I used to stream, so my mic worked fine a long while ago. I tried getting my mic to work recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/doubleugreen, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Broken Mic

I am honestly so freaking frustrated at this point. I used to stream, so my mic worked fine a long while ago. I tried getting my mic to work recently and it refuses to work. Ive tried updating drivers, deleting and reinstalling, trying a different mic, and nothing works. I will plug something in and unless I turn up the mic bass booster, there is no input (the bass booster just makes this weird static). Im trying to get this mic to work (Ultimate Lavalier Microphone For Bloggers And Vloggers Lapel Mic Clip-on Omnidirectional Condenser). Please please please someone have some sort of solution because I am so freaking frustrated.

submitted by /u/doubleugreen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/doubleugreen, Mar 25, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Broken mic?

My mic is broken and i go to settings to try to fix it but nothing works.

KaiSheldon1, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Broken Mic

Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Broken Mic

1. Broken Mic - Similar Threads - Broken Mic

2. My phone screen is broken and blank, can I still the Phone Link on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My phone screen is broken and blank, can I still the Phone Link on my PC?: I use a Samsung S20 phone but my phone fell and my screen is bad totally blank, but still on. I didn't fully complete my Phone Link set up earlier, so I'm unable to access my phone settings to allow the permissions needed for me for me to able to view my screen from my PC. Is...
  3. Realtek mic jack saying its unplugged when its not broken or anything. My headset is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek mic jack saying its unplugged when its not broken or anything. My headset is...: Was trying to talk to someone then realized my microphone wasn't working at all and have no idea how it stopped. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-mic-jack-saying-its-unplugged-when-its-not/8b989af7-3b9b-4936-8170-89fe867782c8
  4. Realtek mic jack saying its unplugged when its not broken or anything. My headset is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek mic jack saying its unplugged when its not broken or anything. My headset is...: Was trying to talk to someone then realized my microphone wasn't working at all and have no idea how it stopped. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-mic-jack-saying-its-unplugged-when-its-not/8b989af7-3b9b-4936-8170-89fe867782c8
  5. "Mic In" Jacks Broken/Not Working Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Mic In" Jacks Broken/Not Working Windows 10.: I'm using a pair of Steelseries Arctis 7 headphones with an mic in/line out connection. I was in the middle of a discord call when it suddenly stopped working. After some toubleshooting, this is the information I've found:The headset works fine with my phone, though it uses a...
  6. "Mic In" Jacks Broken/Not Working Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Mic In" Jacks Broken/Not Working Windows 10.: I'm using a pair of Steelseries Arctis 7 headphones with an mic in/line out connection. I was in the middle of a discord call when it suddenly stopped working. After some toubleshooting, this is the information I've found:The headset works fine with my phone, though it uses a...
  7. "Mic In" Jacks Broken/Not Working Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Mic and Headphone input are broken

Mic and Headphone input are broken: Whenever I try to enable my headphone or microphone it automatically disables itself. I don't know what updated but when it did all this started happening....
  9. Broken mic?

in Cortana
    Broken mic?: My mic is broken and i go to settings to try to fix it but nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-mic/6893abbc-e566-40df-93fb-9ddc7fa72b09"
  10. Recent update has broken USB Mic

Recent update has broken USB Mic: Hey there Computer updated to the most recent Windows 10 version last night, and now today none of my microphone devices are working properly. Sound works fine on my USB headset but the microphone is not being detected by anything, including Windows itself. I've checked...