Windows 10: Broken Network after going to windows store

Discus and support Broken Network after going to windows store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi so, first I'd like to say that this is a very strange issue that could be caused by a number of different factors. Second, I realize that some... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by UncleBoom, May 2, 2020.

1. UncleBoom Win User

Broken Network after going to windows store

Hi so, first I'd like to say that this is a very strange issue that could be caused by a number of different factors. Second, I realize that some issues would not exist if I "just" didn't use wifi, for example ... Finally I'd like to say that I am grateful for any help, and I realize that this more than likely has nothing to do with MS store, but the timing was perfect enough that I, a "muggle" class uneducated working guy, can't rule out the factor. At this point I am just writing here as a form of therapy - since - I just can not figure out what is happening on my network.

Basically, I live in the woods with bad internet. 1.3MB down style "bad" internet. I'm the admin here on my home network, I bought a new laptop a year ago, and I use it for my business. I'm a gamer in my free time, it's cheaper than going to a bar and more healthy too - since there is nothing else to do after work in the place I live .. I don't surf the net, don't install a lot of random garbage and largely thanks to my paper-thin internet, I keep a very tight grip on my boot list. I only allow programs to run that I am actively using, I don't use anti-virus since I don't surf and scrutinize urls before clicking, so I have ruled out any funny business from AV software. No VPNs or anything silly, no P2P clients, nothing out of the ordinary. My "man cave" is outside of the main house about 30m line of sight from the Main router, an old Asus N65r. In my man cave I use an Asus N53 cheap to middle grade household routers, both of them as a Bridge or Repeater, how you wish ... I line into the N53, wifi to the N65, and line out to the modem, all pretty standard stuff.

I was running Steam, and Discord, probably had a Firefox window open as well - chatting with friends about Sea of Thieves on the MS store. I never touch the MS store, so I opened it, updated the MS Store app manually within the MS Store itself, bought the game, and set it to download. I noticed immediately that my friend's voices got a bit garbled, which as normal as it is, Steam will throttle downloads not to overlap too much with other current usage. I paused the download, said goodnight to my pals, closed Firefox and Steam, started the download again, then went to bed.

When I woke up I noticed only 6+gb had downloaded, which is about what my net can handle in 1+ hours. 10 hours later and only one hour worth of download. My net was working pretty badly as well, while I searched MS pages and Xbox pages looking for info, but I was hung up on the idea that thanks to the "situation" we have going on globally at the moment - the lag and download speed were due to some issues on MS' end. ... Shortly after an hour or so, searching for how/if I could refund the game, I noticed a lot of other pages, Steam, Discord, etc acting funny. This, isn't really normal but hey sometimes it happens on my toothpick home network with cocktail-straw internet. I usually unplug my bridge, wait a minute, plug it in, open the admin panel and re-pair it to my network. That usually fixes it.

This time it didn't. My bridge would pair up, as if everything was fine... and I would not be able to open any pages at all. Steam wouldn't connect, Discord wouldn't connect, nothing. My network connection on the admin panel shows everything more or less working normally link rate fluctuating a bit more than I thought usual, but I never kept track of it before and not sure what it might mean, the page says clearly "connected" to the N65... My windows network icon in the tray showed "Connected, No Internet"...

So, TLDR:

- My PC: Windows 10, Up to date, No AV no proxy auto detect off, No VPN no P2P. Only use Firefox, Steam, and Discord.

-After using MS Store for the first time and letting my PC sit overnight - my network was very slow and now my bridge will not connect me to the internet.

- My Network: Asus, N65r main and N53 repeater mode, Cheap to mid range home routers. N53 bought in 2018 N65 2014? 2015? ...maybe earlier. Factory settings, auto 20/40, no extra changes.

- My home, DirectTV and Roku seem to be connected fine, never had any problem with these sharing the network before. A Surface and other phones from my familyworking on wifi as normal. With apparently no issues.

- Everything on the admin panels appears normally for the Bridge and Main Router.

- Windows Network in the tray shows "Connected / No Internet" when connected to the bridge.

- I can surf at low speeds to youtube, socials, etc on Main wifi, butCANNOT access the admin panel of the Main, I log in and it waits until time out!

*How can I be online at al and access the web, while my own router will not respond when I log into the admin panel? hmmmmm....

- But, standing next to the Main allows Steam download speeds at normal, AND wifi admin panel access! .... Wired in I can access of course, which allowed me to factory reset the Main.

What I have done:

- Ran every troubleshooter I could find in windows, only saw a warning about "could not detect proxy settings", turned off auto-detect as I do NOT use a proxy, and now the troubleshooter will only ask me what is wrong.

- Checked that cables are connected securely and not damaged.

- Checked routers firmware is up to date. Yes

- Checked all of my network drivers were up to date. Yes

- Ran a few windows Network resets during this process, no results.

- Reset BOTH routers multiple times and Factory Reset both, re-configuring and setting up, still cannot get them to work as they did before.

- Tried the cmd prompt winsock reset and flushed DNS per a guide linked by a MS agent here on the forum re someone's proxy settings issue.

- Used an older router to bridge instead of the N53, same situation, connected like normal, Windows says "Connected, No internet"

- Used my PC to connect to a wifi hotspot via my phone, works fine.

- Used my PC to connect with USB tethering via my phone, works fine.

- Checked for interference on the 2.4 band, my channel seems to see my network 30-40"db" I think it's called above the neighbors on the channel.

Notes:

This afternoon while testing widows showed my wifi network no bridge as connected to the router, but the router not connected to the internet. Weird.

It would appear normally sometimes, as connected, then as I described above, with no ability to reach websites.

In Closing: I'm thinking it's the Main N65 router. It's old, more than 4 years, and the issue with the admin panel, which persisted through the factory reset - seems like a hint. I bought a replacement to test it, should be an upgrade as well. But the timing with the MS Store is kind of strange, years of working properly, now this.... RIGHT when I started a download from the store. Weird. I don't know what to make of it.

What do you guys think, beyond the obvious "use ethernet"? ... gonna be at least one reply that says it so, beyond that - do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any advice, Be Safe out there!

:)

UncleBoom, May 2, 2020

2. Windows Store is Broken in Windows 10 Creators update

Since you were able to run the Windows Store App Troubleshooter but the issue still persists, we suggest that you clear and reset the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Go to Start.
    • Type WSReset.exe.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • You'll get a confirmation message: The cache for the Store was cleared. You can now browse the Store for apps.

Once done, try to access and update the Windows Store again.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Ronalene Mat, May 2, 2020
  3. COUPLE Win User
    Windows 10 Store Broken

Hello everyone, I'm seeking help with my problem that is the Windows Store is broken now and won't even open

it look like this now:

Broken Network after going to windows store [​IMG]

Any suggestions and help are appreciated!
    Thank you

COUPLE, May 2, 2020
  4. Broken Network after going to windows store

wireless networking troubles in XP

go into the change advance settings and delete the network cache in there..xp stores a list of available networks in there and if you delte the cache it has to rebuild it

Athlon2K15, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Broken Network after going to windows store

1. Broken Network after going to windows store - Similar Threads - Broken Network going

2. Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken: Hello, I have recently had problems in windows 10. For starters, I had to reset my pc 2 different times. Now my Microsoft store is no longer working. It opens but when I try to download something it stops gives me code 0x80072f8f. I reinstalled the store via PowerShell, ran...
  3. Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken: Hello, I have recently had problems in windows 10. For starters, I had to reset my pc 2 different times. Now my Microsoft store is no longer working. It opens but when I try to download something it stops gives me code 0x80072f8f. I reinstalled the store via PowerShell, ran...
  4. Windows store is broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store is broken: Hello, My windows store is broken. I recently got a virus and it messed up my computer including my windows store but i fixed everything and even manually uninstalled my windows store through the script. I wanted the windows store back but i could not reinstall it. I tried...
  5. Windows store is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store is broken: Hello, My windows store is broken. I recently got a virus and it messed up my computer including my windows store but i fixed everything and even manually uninstalled my windows store through the script. I wanted the windows store back but i could not reinstall it. I tried...
  6. Windows store is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Store Broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store Broken: Hi everyone, We are facing some troubles on some computers on our company. We upgrade some user computers. During the migration, some users, lost the Store and cant use apps cause store dont exist. Some cases, we have 2 or 3 users in the same computer but only 1 face this...
  8. Broken Store

Broken Store: So, I've noticed the issue with the Store I thought was present only on my ol' crappy laptop. Apparently, on a new PC it's the same. The problem is: after some time, the download process for Store breaks and there's an infinite update loop on any apps that have an update....
  9. windows store broken ?

windows store broken ?: hi all, everytime i consult something on the windows store app there is an error page Code : 0x00000190. I have rebuilt it with the wsreset.exe trick but nothing, same if i go to the website on any browsers i have (edge, chrome, firefox, opera...). submitted by...
  10. Windows Store broken?

Windows Store broken?: [ATTACH] Dear People of reddit, I need urgent help - I cant use my windows store. Updated the system to the most recent Windows Version. I cant start the store - even if i reset the cache and so on. Tried a couple of tricks I read on the internet with the powershell,...