Windows 10: Broken no name folders

Discus and support Broken no name folders in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I can't open them from here but I can still acces them so they are not corrupted. I've got no idea what this is.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_Vali35_, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Broken no name folders

/u/_Vali35_, Feb 2, 2020

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 2, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Broken no name folders

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Broken no name folders

1. Broken no name folders - Similar Threads - Broken name folders

2. Folder Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Name: Why is my folder my documents appearing in chinese characters? here is what it says.. i changed my name to XXXXX: "C:\Users\XXXXX\OneDrive\\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name/d6187b9f-e797-4a4b-90f8-2a9c9f10c5af
  3. Folder Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Name: Why is my folder my documents appearing in chinese characters? here is what it says.. i changed my name to XXXXX: "C:\Users\XXXXX\OneDrive\\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name/d6187b9f-e797-4a4b-90f8-2a9c9f10c5af
  4. User folder name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User folder name: I set up my new pc and it's showing as C:\Users\User. I've noticed from reading and watching online people they have their name or a user account name ie C:Users\Tim. I'm the only person using my pc, should I set myself up as a new User, or should I just change the folder...
  5. Broken Downloads Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken Downloads Folder: Whenever I open my downloads folder it says working on it and stops responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-downloads-folder/7ee06e57-ab5d-4ed9-93f4-be5600fa18c3
  6. Change the name of account and folder name.

Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  7. folders name-language

in Windows 10 Customization
    folders name-language: Hello today i noticed that all folder's name of c drive appears in english language when connect with my second user account.Until know appears in greek.Why it happens.Can i change it?...
  8. User folder name.

User folder name.: The folder name under 'C' users has missing characters. It isn't spelt that way anywhere else, be it in the MS account or the local one. Can I edit the name without wrecking my PC apart?! Also, it happens to be the only account on the PC. I don't understand the complexity MS...
  9. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  10. User folder name...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folder name...: I've re-installed Win10 Home via the media creation tool. Everything is where it should be and my account is working just fine. But... For some reason my personal folder under C:/Users is named after the first five letters of my Email instead of my real first name, which is...