Windows 10: Broken spacebar

Discus and support Broken spacebar in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, So my Mom got a new computer and I was going to take the old one. It had a bunch of problems with it Unresponsive keys, battery. We took it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nova0, Apr 17, 2021.

1. nova0 Win User

Broken spacebar

Hi,

So my Mom got a new computer and I was going to take the old one. It had a bunch of problems with it Unresponsive keys, battery. We took it to the shop and it took about 2 weeks for them to finish fixing it. I just got it yesterday and it seemed to be working fine. The next day, the keys started to become unresponsive again. This is very fustrating, and i’ve been trying to find a solution for a while. I’m not sure if I should take it back to the shop or not, so I came here to ask others. Please help!

:)

nova0, Apr 17, 2021
  2. AJRich Win User

Windows Key + Spacebar not working

Kathleen

Tried using SFC as you suggested and it went through all the steps successfully, but Windows key + Spacebar still doesn't work.

Looked at the link you gave and I see that one of the posts with a similar problem was using an HP Pavilion - same as me.

But it was the keyboard shortcut was working till the upgrade.

I've not tried Andre's suggestion yet.

AJRich, Apr 17, 2021
  3. my spacebar is broken

every time I press the spacebar it activates caps lock. how do I fix this?

aidan32423423, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Pipps Win User

Broken spacebar

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Broken spacebar

1. Broken spacebar - Similar Threads - Broken spacebar

2. Repair broken location path in "This PC" Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Repair broken location path in "This PC" Folder: Hello everyoneI recently add a Windows/Linux dual-boot to my computer. To access files from both OS, I created a NTFS partition called D:, created the native user folders structure Documents, Images, Music, Videos, etc. and moved all my personnal files into them.Then I...
  3. Need help, son is locked out screen time broken

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help, son is locked out screen time broken: My son's Win10 device says "Times up! This device is locked because of family settings......" If he clicks "My parent is here" he gets "An error has occurred" and if he clicks Send Request he gets "Something went wrong" I already removed him from the family group and then...
  4. Broken Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken Audio Drivers: Hello,I am having problems with my sound, the only driver that appears is NVIDIA high definition audio which connects to my monitor. I've installed Realtek drivers but it wont show, another thing that does not seem to be there is high definition audio. I was simply trying to...
  5. Broforce No Ticket Achievement Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broforce No Ticket Achievement Broken: After reading statements from multiple people on both Steam and Game Pass for PC in regards to Broforce, there is a final conclusion that the No Ticket achievement is officially broken for the Game Pass Windows 10 version. There is not a single person on Game Pass that has...
  6. Windows broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows broken: Since I upgrade from windows 8 to 10 I've got problem with installing of Virtual Studio, updating of windows in almost 5 years . Windows updating fails whole time .When I run SFC /SCANNOW I getting the following errors.Scans the integrity of all protected system files and...
  7. User profile permissions/junctions broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    User profile permissions/junctions broken?: Hey guys, I have a very strange behavior here with my Windows profile. Now that I have tried numerous paths to resolve the problem (where I maybe messed up things even further) and finally I post my situation here in search for an creative solutions. The symptoms are: -...
  8. Is my Windows Defender broken?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is my Windows Defender broken?: I have scanned a few items and the exact numbers don't show up. It's always a thousand. I tested this out on my other computer and it didn't have this problem. Do I need to update again or should I do something about it?...
  9. Usb broken after Formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Usb broken after Formatting: Hello, I Formatted my USB into exFAT, because it was on 32GB it was USB used for a clean installation of windows so I switched it back to 1TB, It was working great but when I wanted to give some files into it It disconnected from my PC, I connected it back and it wrote...
  10. my spacebar is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    my spacebar is broken: every time I press the spacebar it activates caps lock. how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-spacebar-is-broken/9e127aa5-549b-4b59-8e59-89e184698582