Windows 10: Broken start menu, settings window, magnifier, etc. after updating to Windows 10 build 2004

Discus and support Broken start menu, settings window, magnifier, etc. after updating to Windows 10 build 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello community, after updating to the 2004 build of Windows 10, I can't - open the start menu any more by eitherWin key, or by mouse click, -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Martin31415, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Broken start menu, settings window, magnifier, etc. after updating to Windows 10 build 2004

Hello community,

after updating to the 2004 build of Windows 10, I can't

- open the start menu any more by eitherWin key, or by mouse click,

- accessn the settings using Win + i keystroke,

- launch Windows magnifier using Win + Plus keystroke,

- open the emoji keyboard using Win + .,

- and probably more..

However, some keystrokes with Win key still work, like changing the virtual desktop with Win + arrow keys, or opening the run dialog with Win+R.

I've already tried a system file check using 'sfc /scannow' command in the Windows PowerShell, but that didn't find any problems.
    Als - as I am using a screenreading software - I uninstalled it and restarted the computer without any positive effect.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Have a great day

:)

Martin31415, Jun 21, 2020
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

Broken start menu, settings window, magnifier, etc. after updating to Windows 10 build 2004

Jetster, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Broken start menu, settings window, magnifier, etc. after updating to Windows 10 build 2004

1. Broken start menu, settings window, magnifier, etc. after updating to Windows 10 build 2004 - Similar Threads - Broken start menu

2. start menu problem on windows 10 update 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu problem on windows 10 update 2004: Hi Microsoft Team, after couple months updated my windows 10 to version 2004 suddenly this morning i have got error while clicking start menu button. the error is "Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in". i have tried to resign-in but...
  3. windows menu and windows settings flickers after windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows menu and windows settings flickers after windows 10 2004 update: after installing the windows 10 update on my pc windows settings and windows menu flickers and does not work properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-menu-and-windows-settings-flickers-after/f861bf26-ac81-45ec-8e5a-d61b7f017dda
  4. Miracast broken after updating to Build 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast broken after updating to Build 2004: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Twist with Windows 10. Miracast worked great on it until I upgraded to Windows Build 2004. Miracast still works with other Windows 10 devices so IT IS NOT the device. I have tried to remove the drivers in device manager, to shut off defender...
  5. Magnifier missing buttons after Windows 10 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Magnifier missing buttons after Windows 10 2004 Update: After my Windows 10 Enterprise updated from 1909 to 2004 all Magnifier buttons turn into squares. New font segmdl2.ttf somehow don't work. Any idea how to solve this? [ATTACH]...
  6. Start menu not working after Windows 10 2004 update

Start menu not working after Windows 10 2004 update: I can't get programs to run via start menu after Windows 10 2004 update. I can hover over them and select them but then my screen flashes a couple of times and nothing happens....
  7. Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update: I’m pretty sure there are many posts related to the havoc the latest update Windows pushed out, but can’t seem to find any related to the few issues I am having. To note, Windows Updates auto pushed the May 2020 update to my PC. I have an Apple Time Capsule which I use to be...
  8. VMware broken in build 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VMware broken in build 2004: I found out the hard way that Windows 10 build 2004 does not like VMware. Or VirtualBox. It lags out VBox and VMware barely works at all. I would like to know if there is a solution to this? submitted by /u/TheWindowsPro98 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 Start menu broken

Windows 10 Start menu broken: We have a few machines where the start menu is just broken, clicking on the Start button or pressing the Windows key does nothing, which makes the system pretty difficult to use. There used to be a Start Menu Troubleshooter tool, however this has now been removed and...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu broken after April 2018 Update

Windows 10 Start Menu broken after April 2018 Update: Problem description: Ever since the Windows 10 April 2018 update was installed, the Start menu on my work PC had been broken. I click but the Start menu does not appear, and nothing happens except a brief busy ⭕️. I have to launch all apps manually, either by running from a...