Windows 10: Broken Start Menu since October update, any help is appreciated.

Discus and support Broken Start Menu since October update, any help is appreciated. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, So ever since the (infamous) October update, my start menu has been messed up. I configure my start menu to have no tiles at all, but after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by camrobert, Nov 22, 2018.

1. camrobert Win User

Broken Start Menu since October update, any help is appreciated.

Hi guys,

So ever since the (infamous) October update, my start menu has been messed up. I configure my start menu to have no tiles at all, but after turning my computer off, waiting a little while and turning it back on, the start menu *always* resets to default. I've tried a number of fixes that seemed to work, but when I boot up my PC again the next day, all the pinned apps magically reappear (much to my chagrin).

I've tried all of the following powershell commands with no success:

sfc /scannow

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

I really don't want to have to reinstall my OS for such a ridiculous issue, all I want is a blank start menu. If anyone knows how to fix this I would be indebted to you =)

:)

camrobert, Nov 22, 2018

2. Cortana Search & Start Menu Broken

Hi,

We appreciate the elaborate information provided.

I suggest that you refer to the article Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    and check if the steps provided are of assistance.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 22, 2018
  3. CLopez123 Win User
    Broken/Duplicate Item in Start Menu

Okay, I ran both commands, and the broken Netflix start menu item was still there, so I restarted my computer and it was still there. I made sure the spacing was right and they seemed to have run properly, I just forgot to take a screenshot as proof before
    I closed the Command Prompt.

CLopez123, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Louie Del Win User

Broken/Duplicate Item in Start Menu

Hi,

The duplicate icon that's appearing in the Start Menu may be due to broken system components or file corruptions. Let's try resolving this concern by running the
    System File Checker tool. This will scan and restore any corrupted system files. To do this, here are the steps:

• Type Command Prompt in the Search box from the taskbar.
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/").
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

We’ll wait for your update after trying the steps provided.

Louie Del, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Broken Start Menu since October update, any help is appreciated. - Similar Threads - Broken Start Menu

2. Any windows menu Except start is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any windows menu Except start is broken: Hello, All of my windows menus are brokenAny of the settings menus, display, update, etc, are scrolling up and down and clicking things randomly, with no input, even with no mouse connected and touchpad disabled. I can't update due to this, and i disabled updates until Jun...
  3. Any windows menu Except start is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any windows menu Except start is broken: Hello, All of my windows menus are brokenAny of the settings menus, display, update, etc, are scrolling up and down and clicking things randomly, with no input, even with no mouse connected and touchpad disabled. I can't update due to this, and i disabled updates until Jun...
  4. Any windows menu Except start is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot Update OpenGL, Any Help Really Appreciated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot Update OpenGL, Any Help Really Appreciated: [ATTACH] Im at my wits end here, and I'm no pro so the answer may be obvious, but I'm completely stuck. As you can see below, my openGL is stuck at rock bottom version 1.1. I've updated my AMD drivers and Windows graphics drivers and cannot think of any other way to get it...
  6. Any help is appreciated

Any help is appreciated: submitted by /u/psystylist150 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jry0fr/any_help_is_appreciated/
  7. Any help is greatly appreciated

Any help is greatly appreciated: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pondorasti [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jambw7/any_help_is_greatly_appreciated/
  8. Any help greatly appreciated

Any help greatly appreciated: submitted by /u/WHOinvitedLAGG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ho52kt/any_help_greatly_appreciated/
  9. Any help would be appreciated!

Any help would be appreciated!: submitted by /u/Cheeeszuz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dr7z1r/any_help_would_be_appreciated/
  10. Any help would be appreciated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any help would be appreciated: hearing a few seconds delay on the audio and some quiet popping noise on my new Dell XPS 13. Any help would be appreciated on how to solve this issue.[ATTACH]...