Windows 10: "Broken" State of Windows 10.

Discus and support "Broken" State of Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I got multiple problems on my Windows and I'm sure it's windows problem. I have contacted Microsoft support 10000x times and i guess the are dumb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by honzikbojovnik, Jan 11, 2019.

1. "Broken" State of Windows 10.

So I got multiple problems on my Windows and I'm sure it's windows problem. I have contacted Microsoft support 10000x times and i guess the are dumb because they tried same things over and over. I am on Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.1) I am on version of windows that microsoft support gave me (It's ISO file, with selected option to keep all files). And whenever I click "Update And Shut Down" or "Restart And Shut Down" I get these multiple problems:

- I can't change my profile picture in Lockscreen when logging to windows
    - I can't change my Background Picture in Lockscreen when logging to windows
    - I can't see Album Thumbnail when using "Quick Media Actions" (Usually FN + F? to skip or stop playing the song)

Also whenever I Update and Shut Down my PC it changes the OS build. And when I am on this version of reinstalled windows 10 I get this problem:

- My games are being launched in Windowed Mode not Fullscreen.

So to conclude this all. When on OS Build 17134.1 My games are being Launched in Windowed mode not Fullscreen i always have to change it. And When on OS Build 17134.472 I get those 3 problems above.

:)

honzikbojovnik, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

"Broken" State of Windows 10.

Delta6326, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

"Broken" State of Windows 10.

1. "Broken" State of Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Broken State

2. so who do I talk to about microsoft owing me money now that windows 10 has broken my webcam...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    so who do I talk to about microsoft owing me money now that windows 10 has broken my webcam...: And I don't want a list of all the different things i could do to fix my camera after a windows 10 update, because i have exhausted all possibilities, from editing my registry to checking my privacy settings, resetting the camera, reinstalling and updating the driver...the...
  3. How to fix broken registry items on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix broken registry items on windows 10?: My antivirus software (AVG) is displaying that I have 237 issues with broken registry items. Is there any Microsoft tool to scan and resolve registry issues?...
  4. New Window update caused missing files, errors and broken start menu & cortana

New Window update caused missing files, errors and broken start menu & cortana: I've recently updated and restarted my PC and upon logging in, I was met with a black screen with a view-able cursor upon moving and a missing taskbar. Though searching online has proven this seems to be a common problem, though the fixes haven't worked. I've tried multiple...
  5. My Audio is Broken?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Audio is Broken?: Okay so basically, a couple of months back, around October 29th, 2018, I had updated my computer because of a mandatory update that kept reappearing every 50 minutes. When I had finally decided to update it, I had shut off my computer too so it'll update then shut down. The...
  6. why is WIN 10 Search of file contents exact phrase broken?

in Cortana
    why is WIN 10 Search of file contents exact phrase broken?: So I have XP and Win 10, XP search works just fine, so much so that I put any files I want to search on a USB to have XP find what I need. SO WHY DOES WIN 10 Search SUCK? It does not matter if you use quotes or not, if there is a space in the search phrase it ALWAYS...
  7. File associations still broken in build 1809 for local user

in Windows 10 Customization
    File associations still broken in build 1809 for local user: Still having sporadic file associations getting dropped. But, the most annoying thing is that I can't set Chrome as my default browser. When I do, double clicking on an .URL shortcut says "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action..."...
  8. Password sync broken after update to 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password sync broken after update to 1809: After updating to 1809 my machine is syncing but it does not sync all web passwords to credential manager (approx. 50%). I have clean installed and the problem persists. On another PC running 1803 it still works and on Edge for Android it still syncs all passwords. Any...
  9. recovery of Windows 10 copy from broken laptop

recovery of Windows 10 copy from broken laptop: Hello, Some time ago I got my laptop soaking in water, so the hard drive was completely ruined and don't even show up on another PC. all other components are not working as well. I had a copy of Windows 10 installed on that broken laptop. Is there a chance I can...
  10. Windows 10 x64 Pro update to V1809 OSB 17763.195 has broken defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 x64 Pro update to V1809 OSB 17763.195 has broken defender: I have been unable to update Windows Defender since the update to V1809 OSB 17763.195 which I did on 12/29/2018. I have installed Panda Dome to have some protection since then. Today I updated to V1809 OSB 17763.253 which installed successfully. After rebooting, I ran the...