Windows 10: "Broken" State of Windows 10.

Discus and support "Broken" State of Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I got multiple problems on my Windows and I'm sure it's windows problem. I have contacted Microsoft support 10000x times and i guess the are dumb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by honzikbojovnik, Jan 11, 2019.

1. "Broken" State of Windows 10.

So I got multiple problems on my Windows and I'm sure it's windows problem. I have contacted Microsoft support 10000x times and i guess the are dumb because they tried same things over and over. I am on Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.1) I am on version of windows that microsoft support gave me (It's ISO file, with selected option to keep all files). And whenever I click "Update And Shut Down" or "Restart And Shut Down" I get these multiple problems:

- I can't change my profile picture in Lockscreen when logging to windows
    - I can't change my Background Picture in Lockscreen when logging to windows
    - I can't see Album Thumbnail when using "Quick Media Actions" (Usually FN + F? to skip or stop playing the song)

Also whenever I Update and Shut Down my PC it changes the OS build. And when I am on this version of reinstalled windows 10 I get this problem:

- My games are being launched in Windowed Mode not Fullscreen.

So to conclude this all. When on OS Build 17134.1 My games are being Launched in Windowed mode not Fullscreen i always have to change it. And When on OS Build 17134.472 I get those 3 problems above.

:)

honzikbojovnik, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

"Broken" State of Windows 10.

Delta6326, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

"Broken" State of Windows 10.

1. "Broken" State of Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Broken State

2. Minesweeper broken - ads cannot close - how to give feedback?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minesweeper broken - ads cannot close - how to give feedback?: I'm experiencing a consistent problem with Microsoft Minesweeper. Periodically the game displays an ad (which is fine). At the end of the ad there's a "Close" button. Clicking this close button does nothing whatsoever. The game just hangs forever at the end of the ad until...
  3. 3D Builder Seems to be Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Builder Seems to be Broken: Hello, I use 3D builder regularly for my business to set up and manipulate files for 3D printing. Up until a week or two ago, the repair function has been my main go-to solution for dealing with faulty STL files. However, it seems like during a recent update that...
  4. What hardware is broken? Help!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What hardware is broken? Help!!!: Hi, Over the past few months, my PC (which is quite old now, mostly assembled in 2014) has been having some crashes. These weren't blue screens, they were hard crashes that required a hard reset. I tried reinstalling Windows, which seemed to make a difference when I did...
  5. Task manager is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager is broken: I think Windows Task manager is broken. It always seas that my Cpu Ussage is 100%. i tried this on other computers too and it was the same there. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-is-broken/45c3ab77-0b84-4c07-8fa9-ddedc4da5533
  6. Windows broken after Surface Book update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows broken after Surface Book update: I’m having a problem with my 1st gen Surface Book running windows 10, where I get a black screen with only a (moveable) cursor on screen for about 10 minutes, before the login screen is displayed and windows starts up. This happened before, and I eventually just gave in and...
  7. A new Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade - Broken Defender problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A new Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade - Broken Defender problem: I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my Win 7 Ultimate version to Win 10 Pro 1809 yesterday. All went fine with the exception of Defender. The service IS running but I am having the problems regarding the Real-Time enabled buttons being greyed. I also cannot update...
  8. Windows Update Interrupted = Broken OS/UI

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Interrupted = Broken OS/UI: Hello all, So I was shutting down my laptop because the battery was running out, and I clicked on the start button and selected "update and shut down". Windows update had apparently been downloading in the background and I wanted to just shut down the computer without...
  9. Windows Update Interrupted = Broken OS/UI

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Interrupted = Broken OS/UI: Hello all, So I was shutting down my laptop because the battery was running out, and I clicked on the start button and selected "update and shut down". Windows update had apparently been downloading in the background and I wanted to just shut down the computer without...
  10. Google Chrome Broken Text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome Broken Text: Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, or at least asking a question on it, and it's not even about my computer. My mother has a Lenovo running Win10, and recently, as in today, Google Chrome starting acting up. The only issue thus far is that when using the browser, the...