Windows 10: Broken Sticky Notes Taskbar Icon

Discus and support Broken Sticky Notes Taskbar Icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, so I have somehow managed to break a pinned app on my taskbar, specifically Sticky Notes. What I did to achieve this is from an open start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DemonSeed64, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Broken Sticky Notes Taskbar Icon

Hi, so I have somehow managed to break a pinned app on my taskbar, specifically Sticky Notes. What I did to achieve this is from an open start menu apps list I dragged a shortcut link into another start menu folder that I created for all the office programs. Once there it's icon was jaring adjacent to the office ones so I proceeded to creating a suitable replacement. Thinking this link was nothing more then a basic shortcut I saw no harm in what I was trying to do, and yet that turned out to be 100% incorrect. It apparently was nothing like a basic shortcut because once I had restarted my computer, the sticky notes link that was pinned to my taskbar now had no icon being displayed and furthermore now has become impossible to unpin from the taskbar.

The start menu still shows the default icon just fine, and also the folder I added a link to is still showing the customized icon sort of meaning it's definitely my icon being displayed yet somehow it's rendering with a solid color background that should have been transparent. But regardless, the taskbar is my current focus, and so far nothing I've tried has fixed the issue. Which is I've tried resetting the icon cache, the UWP cache and killing off explorer and restarting it, and also restarting windows and no change.

How can I fix this, and also if someone could explain why this happened in the first pace, that would be super helpful. Thanks

:)

DemonSeed64, Jul 24, 2020

2. Broken Sticky Notes Taskbar Icon

Hi, so I have somehow managed to break a pinned app on my taskbar, specifically Sticky Notes. What I did to achieve this is from an open start menu apps list I dragged a shortcut link into another start menu folder that I created for all the office programs.
    Once there it's icon was jaring adjacent to the office ones so I proceeded to creating a suitable replacement. Thinking this link was nothing more then a basic shortcut I saw no harm in what I was trying to do, and yet that turned out to be 100% incorrect.
    It apparently was nothing like a basic shortcut because once I had restarted my computer, the sticky notes link that was pinned to my taskbar now had no icon being displayed and furthermore now has become impossible to unpin from the taskbar.

The start menu still shows the default icon just fine, and also the folder I added a link to is still showing the customized icon (sort of) meaning it's definitely my icon being displayed yet somehow it's rendering with a solid color background that should
    have been transparent. But regardless, the taskbar is my current focus, and so far nothing I've tried has fixed the issue. Which is I've tried resetting the icon cache, the UWP cache and killing off explorer and restarting it, and also restarting windows and
    no change.

How can I fix this, and also if someone could explain why this happened in the first pace, that would be super helpful. Thanks

DemonSeed64, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Broken Sticky Notes Taskbar Icon

Sticky note icon broken

Not a huge deal but my Sticky Note icon is broken in the start menu and I can't find the .exe to change the icon. I was wondering if anyone knew where the .exe was so I can change the icon in properties. I looked in C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    and in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\ and even in
    C:\WINDOWS\system32
    for stikynot.exe. Not in any of those location. I am on Win 10 Home Anniversary or Legacy, which ever the newest one is.

Anthonybeardo, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Broken Sticky Notes Taskbar Icon

1. Broken Sticky Notes Taskbar Icon - Similar Threads - Broken Sticky Notes

2. Sticky Notes taskbar icon image missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes taskbar icon image missing: Hello there,A few days ago, i noticed that the sticky notes icon on task bar is not displaying correctly.cant upload picture to the question, says upload failed, so i create a link for the picture. https://ibb.co/PDfKyWX Tried some methods but the problem was not fixed.Things...
  3. Sticky Notes taskbar icon image missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes taskbar icon image missing: Hello there,A few days ago, i noticed that the sticky notes icon on task bar is not displaying correctly.cant upload picture to the question, says upload failed, so i create a link for the picture. https://ibb.co/PDfKyWX Tried some methods but the problem was not fixed.Things...
  4. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined: Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combinedAfter a recent win update, sticky notes now uses a separate taskbar tab for each note. Before update, all notes were in one tab. Now I have 20 plus icons on the tool bar. I have tried previous advice I found to combine the icons on...
  5. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined: Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combinedAfter a recent win update, sticky notes now uses a separate taskbar tab for each note. Before update, all notes were in one tab. Now I have 20 plus icons on the tool bar. I have tried previous advice I found to combine the icons on...
  6. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Sticky notes display separate icons on taskbar for each note

Sticky notes display separate icons on taskbar for each note: Basically what the subject says. I restarted & updated my laptop today. When it was done, the sticky notes on my desktop each had an individual icon on my task bar: 29 in total. Any way to fix this without deleting all of my sticky notes?...
  8. My Microsoft Sticky-Notes is broken

My Microsoft Sticky-Notes is broken: Hello, My Microsoft Sticky-Notes just blacked-out. This is all I see: [ATTACH] I can not make new notes or view older ones. But I can still type in te one note that opens when I start the program. I already tried resetting the app, but it didn't help. Uninstalling and...
  9. Sticky Notes separated on Taskbar

Sticky Notes separated on Taskbar: I just installed the new May 2019 update and it seems that Sticky Notes now are separated on the taskbar if you have multiple open which I am not a fan of. Is there a way to make them all grouped back together in one tab? If not, can we make that available for a future...
  10. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined: After win 10 update, sticky notes now uses a separate taskbar tab for each note. Before update, all notes were in one tab. ***Title Modified Original: sticky notes***...