Windows 10: Broken Surface Camera?

Discus and support Broken Surface Camera? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My rear webcam for my surface is not working. The rear camera is there in drivers in the device manager, and it even says it is working properly. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Abhay Pokhriyal, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Broken Surface Camera?

My rear webcam for my surface is not working. The rear camera is there in drivers in the device manager, and it even says it is working properly. The windows camera app, however, can't detect the rear camera. Only the front camera works.

I was wondering if there was a fix to my problem. Nothing seems to help on the internet. It is quite possible that the rear camera was broken. Is there a way I can tell the webcam is cracked or broken and see if it isn't just a software issue?

:)

Abhay Pokhriyal, Nov 19, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Camera on surface tablet

Hi,

You may flip the camera on your Surface by going in to the camera app settings. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open the Camera App on your Surface.
    • Swipe down from the top of the camera window (this brings up the Camera Options, as seen below.)
    • Tap Change Camera.
    • Take picture as usual.
    • Tap Change Camera again if you would like the camera to facing you.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Nov 19, 2020
  3. SURFACE 3 camera and sound not working

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing sound and camera on Surface 3 device, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access camera and sound on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing drivers, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

1. Press
    Windows key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting
    and select it.

2. Click on
    view all option on the upper left corner of Troubleshooting window.

3. Select the
    Hardware and Device options from the list.

4. Click
    Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

For further assistance, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Browse topics for Surface 3

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Broken Surface Camera?

SURFACE BOOK 2 - IR FRONT CAMERA AND REAR CAMERA ISSUE

Click Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera

Toggle on Allow apps to access your Camera

Can you try the steps suggested in this thread for further throubleshooting?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Andre for Directly, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Broken Surface Camera?

1. Broken Surface Camera? - Similar Threads - Broken Surface Camera

2. Camera App is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera App is broken: I am actually trying everything to get my camera working. I have an HP laptop with a built-in camera, but it is not working. I don't know how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-is-broken/ce7cc1ce-02ad-4e06-977a-438ff2cae27e
  3. Camera App is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera App is broken: I am actually trying everything to get my camera working. I have an HP laptop with a built-in camera, but it is not working. I don't know how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-is-broken/ce7cc1ce-02ad-4e06-977a-438ff2cae27e
  4. broken touchpad and camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    broken touchpad and camera: My laptop touchpad and camera is broken, it won't show up, i've tried to update it many times, can you give me instruction how to fixed it. i've tried various ways but it's still broken...
  5. broken touchpad and camera

broken touchpad and camera: My laptop touchpad and camera is broken, it won't show up, i've tried to update it many times, can you give me instruction how to fixed it. i've tried various ways but it's still broken...
  6. Camera/video broken

Camera/video broken: Just recently the camera and video stopped working. I have an HP Spectre but the same thing also happened on my wife's ASUS. I have run all the diagnostics and all the drivers are up to date. I just get a blank screen....
  7. Camera/video broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera/video broken: Just recently the camera and video stopped working. I have an HP Spectre but the same thing also happened on my wife's ASUS. I have run all the diagnostics and all the drivers are up to date. I just get a blank screen....
  8. Broken Camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken Camera: my Camera isn't displaying any picture other than a grey background screen with a white camera on it. though the white light that indicates the camera is working is on. this is the same on video and picture and on all apps such as zoom. Is this a hardware problem?...
  9. surface book camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface book camera: the camera is not working and not showing in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-camera/c1f1ae7f-d81e-462d-b1d8-de0d1a01d72a
  10. Surface pro seems broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro seems broken.: My surface pro seems to be broken. Its acting like its starting with the surface logo on the screen then it goes back to black screen. Plus its dokng this on a continuous loop. What can i do to fix this?...