Windows 10: Broken usb

Discus and support Broken usb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I put a USB in my computer,it doesn't show up.When I open disk management, it shows up and says"device is working properly".It does this on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NATALIA1040, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Broken usb

When I put a USB in my computer,it doesn't show up.When I open disk management, it shows up and says"device is working properly".It does this on my desktop also.My other USBs work.Why does it say the device is working properly when it won't open?

Broken usb 2cbe2a3e-f6d1-41cf-bcf6-e3d90cb9bab2?upload=true.png

:)

NATALIA1040, Feb 12, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Pipps Win User
    Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Broken usb

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Broken usb nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Broken usb

1. Broken usb - Similar Threads - Broken usb

2. Broken USB dongle for Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken USB dongle for Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse: My Microsoft usb has broken and its pairs both my wireless keyboard and mouse. Is it possible to get a new usb? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-usb-dongle-for-microsoft-wireless-keyboard/dc064c6b-e909-40b0-8d44-d0df0a65586f
  3. Broken USB dongle for Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken USB dongle for Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse: My Microsoft usb has broken and its pairs both my wireless keyboard and mouse. Is it possible to get a new usb? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-usb-dongle-for-microsoft-wireless-keyboard/dc064c6b-e909-40b0-8d44-d0df0a65586f
  4. usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat: I needed my 64gb usb thumb drive at full capacity after using it as windows format drive which made it 32gb drive. Windows showed a window saying format failed while I was waiting it to be in exfat format. I tried to use disk manager and list disk thing but It doesn't show up...
  5. usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat

usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat: I needed my 64gb usb thumb drive at full capacity after using it as windows format drive which made it 32gb drive. Windows showed a window saying format failed while I was waiting it to be in exfat format. I tried to use disk manager and list disk thing but It doesn't show up...
  6. How to fix a broken USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a broken USB: Hi recently I encountered a problem in which my USB cannot be accessed by Windows and cant format or fix it I tried fixing it through chkdsk command but of no avail it did not work here is the result is there a way to get my USB drive working cause it is the only one I have...
  7. How to fix a broken USB

How to fix a broken USB: Hi recently I encountered a problem in which my USB cannot be accessed by Windows and cant format or fix it I tried fixing it through chkdsk command but of no avail it did not work here is the result is there a way to get my USB drive working cause it is the only one I have...
  8. my usb broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my usb broken: Hello The USB of the mouse and the keyboard The USB head was broken and separated from each other the piece head and the electronic chip Can I use the mouse via Bluetooth or through any other means, thank you...
  9. my usb broken

my usb broken: Hello The USB of the mouse and the keyboard The USB head was broken and separated from each other the piece head and the electronic chip Can I use the mouse via Bluetooth or through any other means, thank you...
  10. Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken: Hello,I have a Microsoft kit with keybord + mouse this ones: https://www.microsoft.com/en/accessories/products/keyboards/wireless-desktop-900, and they are fantastic. It happens that unfortunately I broke the USB dongle. Without that, I am not being able to use those...