Windows 10: Broken UWP Styling

Discus and support Broken UWP Styling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All of my UWP apps do this weird block effect. Any ideas on what to do? Even OneNote does this. My computer is pretty new and works fine for everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EthanToney, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Broken UWP Styling

All of my UWP apps do this weird block effect. Any ideas on what to do? Even OneNote does this. My computer is pretty new and works fine for everything but UWP apps.

Broken UWP Styling 7f68ae90-47f0-4246-a77a-f6171ecf1d9d?upload=true.png

:)

EthanToney, Oct 22, 2018

2. Resizing Application (UWP) Windows is broken

SYMPTOM: I resize a window larger, but only the Window border grows larger. The size of the painted area stays the same.

• Happens on multiple UWP (Windows-10style) "apps" such as Settings!, sticky-notes,
      photo viewer,.
    • Happens on two very different 64-bit Windows 10 computers:
      • Dell XPS 15 laptop with 4k monitor running Intel embedded graphics. (Since an upgrade, I believe)
      • Desktop with HD monitor running Nvidia GeForce 1060 graphics card. (Newly purchased & installed Windows 10 ISO.)
    Only workaround is to resize the window to the desired size, kill it using ALT+F4 (usually the "red X" isn't visible) and restart. Needless to say, this is very inconvenient.

Windows version on the laptop: Windows 10 Pro update 1703 (10.0.15063 Build 15063)

One screenshot is in
    this (locked) question
    . Surely this is a windows bug, no? Any solutions to it? (I would prefer not to upgrade to a later update just yet, on advice from my IT department & I heard that I'd lose Paint!)

LukeUsherwood, Oct 22, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Broken UWP Styling

[UWP]Delay in IRandomAccessStream WriteAsync implementation in Windows 10 UWP

Thanks for the suggestion Steve.

I already have created a post in MSDN Forum. Please find below the link for your reference.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...lementation-in-windows-10-uwp?forum=wpdevelop

From the suggestion I tried to connect with Technical support. But unfortunately I was not able to get relevant information, since the support webpage seems to be broken.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...2444701&tenant=store&ccsid=636008793808133508

Can you please suggest on how to get connected with Technical support to proceed further.

Thanks in advance

SriramMani, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Broken UWP Styling

1. Broken UWP Styling - Similar Threads - Broken UWP Styling

2. Clipboard is broken/not functional in UWP apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clipboard is broken/not functional in UWP apps: For about a year now, my clipboard has been broken for UWP apps regular apps work fine. They used to work, I don't remember what changes I might have made to my system around the time it stopped working. Possibly a windows update.In most UWP apps, it simply doesn't work. The...
  3. Clipboard is broken/not functional in UWP apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard is broken/not functional in UWP apps: For about a year now, my clipboard has been broken for UWP apps regular apps work fine. They used to work, I don't remember what changes I might have made to my system around the time it stopped working. Possibly a windows update.In most UWP apps, it simply doesn't work. The...
  4. Clipboard is broken/not functional in UWP apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All UWP apps are broken seemingly without fixes.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All UWP apps are broken seemingly without fixes.: I cleaned up some stuff on my PC by hand, after which I seemingly removed a critical component of all UWP apps. Now none of them open. At all.I checked whatever errors I was getting "The app didn't start", "File system error -21...", etc, no luck.From them I tried:1....
  6. If I resize an UWP app, it is broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I resize an UWP app, it is broken.: Hi, I terminated DWM.EXE again and if I resize an UWP app, it looks like it is broken. Can you help me?Look: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-resize-an-uwp-app-it-is-broken/609eeb9f-02f5-435a-b4d2-164f45e90faa
  7. If I resize an UWP app, it is broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I resize an UWP app, it is broken.: Hi, I terminated DWM.EXE again and if I resize an UWP app, it looks like it is broken. Can you help me?Look: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-resize-an-uwp-app-it-is-broken/609eeb9f-02f5-435a-b4d2-164f45e90faa
  8. UWP Icons are Broken

in Cortana
    UWP Icons are Broken: Hi, I noticed that when I do a search for a UWP App. Their icons are broken. How to fix this? See example below: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uwp-icons-are-broken/2b98db5c-3d84-4569-a478-04cc607b509c
  9. Broken shadows in UWP apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken shadows in UWP apps: [ATTACH] I have a strange problem with "broken" shadows in all UWP apps after update to 2004. It looks like if the shadow under the tooltip or menu is rendered on top of it instead. The issue remains after restart, appears and disappears randomly on its own. Here are some...
  10. UWP Apps completely broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP Apps completely broken: So I tried to fix a crashing issue on my computer it's fixed now, it turned out to be a malfunctioning application and now none of my UWP apps work. I found other people with similar issues but some of them said 1. Reset the Microsoft store via settings I don't even see...