Windows 10: Broken windows 10 after bios update

Discus and support Broken windows 10 after bios update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so after updating my bios to the newest version windows has seemed to half uninstall itself because the base windows works it's only the windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZFGFade, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Broken windows 10 after bios update

Ok so after updating my bios to the newest version windows has seemed to half uninstall itself because the base windows works it's only the windows 10 programs and features that don't. when I right-click the windows icon or press the Windows button + x nothing happens when I try to interact with the taskbar things like the date the notifications, Cortana, wifi and even the sound adjustment nothing happens. When I try to open my settings app it just says this and when I try to go to the display settings menu from right-clicking on my desktop it comes up with this. I've tried all the SFC and dism commands. I've also tried to reinstall windows app with the " Get-AppxPackage -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode} " command.

When I try to reset windows and keep files with the " systemreset " command it comes up with a " Could not find the recovery environment ". I've tried fixing the recovery environment but it doesn't work. I also tried going back to a restore point that was before the problem which started happening on the 5th of November at around 6 pm ( I live in Australia Sydney) this also didn't work.
    The problem persists even if I go back a bios version

I'm on windows 10 version: 1903 (18362.10024)

PC Specs :

CPU : Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.0Ghz
    With stock cooler

GPU : eVGA GeForce GTX1070Ti SC Black
    Core Clock: +250Mhz
    Memory Clock: + 500<Mhz

Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450-PLUS Gaming

RAM : GeIL 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 SUPER LUCE RGB SYNC C16 3000Mhz

Storage 1 : Samsung 970 Evo 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD

Storage 2 : Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008 3.5" 2TB

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G1+ 650W Fully Modular 80PLUS Gold

submitted by /u/ZFGFade
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZFGFade, Nov 6, 2019
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Nov 6, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Broken windows 10 after bios update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Broken windows 10 after bios update

1. Broken windows 10 after bios update - Similar Threads - Broken bios update

2. Windows broken after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows broken after update: I recently re-installed Windows again, as it was running slowly and acting poorly not refreshing explorer automatically etc. Last night it did updates which broke my system again. This has been going on for 2 years now. I am extremely upset that these updates are FORCED on my...
  3. Windows broken after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows broken after update: I recently re-installed Windows again, as it was running slowly and acting poorly not refreshing explorer automatically etc. Last night it did updates which broke my system again. This has been going on for 2 years now. I am extremely upset that these updates are FORCED on my...
  4. Windows broken after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 crashing after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashing after bios update: Hi. Long question. Please be patient.I've been performing maintenance on my pc lately. I hadn't update the motherboard bios since 2019 and decided to do so yesterday. I will be very descriptive of all the stuff that happened since, as I don't know if something may or may not...
  6. Windows 10 crashing after bios update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing after bios update: Hi. Long question. Please be patient.I've been performing maintenance on my pc lately. I hadn't update the motherboard bios since 2019 and decided to do so yesterday. I will be very descriptive of all the stuff that happened since, as I don't know if something may or may not...
  7. BIOS Error after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Error after Windows 10 update: I'm having a problem and I'm not sure how to fix it. I ran the latest Windows 10 updates on my HP desktop, they seemed to download fine and install fine, but now when I start my computer I see the following messages in succession: "preparing automatic repair", "please wait...
  8. Broken link after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken link after windows 10 update: I installed the update maybe 2004 and now my links to a program have failed. What do I do? Thanks AL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-link-after-windows-10-update/058a5934-f2c1-4a5c-a345-827f5d747b2d
  9. Broken windows 10 after bios update

Broken windows 10 after bios update: Ok so after updating my bios to the newest version windows has seemed to half uninstall itself because the base windows works it's only the windows 10 programs and features that don't. when I right-click the windows icon or press the Windows button + x nothing happens when I...
  10. Windows 10 Freezing After Updating BIOS

Windows 10 Freezing After Updating BIOS: Hello Person Reading , I Have An Issue, Yesterday My Laptop DELL ( Windows 10 Professional Inspiron 3521 64Bit ) Started To Lag , I Contacted A Microsoft Agent , And He Said You Have To Update Your BIOS , And After He Said That I Went To Dell's Website And Downloaded The...