Windows 10: Broken windows 10 install. Question Regarding reinstall

Discus and support Broken windows 10 install. Question Regarding reinstall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So as the title suggests I somehow or another broke my windows install. I tried shutting down my pc but I would just go the lock screen every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pierce_loaf, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Broken windows 10 install. Question Regarding reinstall

So as the title suggests I somehow or another broke my windows install. I tried shutting down my pc but I would just go the lock screen every time I tried so I ended up shutting it down with the command prompt but when I turned it back on I was getting an error message “”. I still have a windows usb installer so I went into that and clicked repair install but it said there was currently no windows version installed. I also have a linux live CD so I booted into that and on my windows drive all the system files seem to be there. I have all my files and programs on two separate 1tb HDD so my question is if I make a copy of the system files using linux then reinstall windows on my ssd, if I overwrite the new system files with my old ones should that put all my app shortcuts into the start menu and I had my desktop, documents, etc all on a separate drive and just had my windows drive point to them so would that be restored as well? Any help would be much appreciated Broken windows 10 install. Question Regarding reinstall :)

submitted by /u/pierce_loaf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pierce_loaf, Jan 17, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 17, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Broken windows 10 install. Question Regarding reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Broken windows 10 install. Question Regarding reinstall

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Broken windows 10 install. Question Regarding reinstall

1. Broken windows 10 install. Question Regarding reinstall - Similar Threads - Broken install Question

2. Fresh Windows Install regarding question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows Install regarding question.: In my laptop win11 is already install in HDD, I will install one SSD and use as Dual Storage Configuration. In that SSD I want to fresh install Win11, in this process will I loose my data in HDD, if I do not remove the HDD from Laptop during fresh Windows install?...
  3. Fresh Windows Install regarding question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Windows Install regarding question.: In my laptop win11 is already install in HDD, I will install one SSD and use as Dual Storage Configuration. In that SSD I want to fresh install Win11, in this process will I loose my data in HDD, if I do not remove the HDD from Laptop during fresh Windows install?...
  4. Question regarding reinstalling of Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding reinstalling of Windows.: Hello everybody!!My question is if I do a complete reinstall of my Windows 11 using ISO how am I supposed to get my device drivers and all the Intel drivers and NVIDIA drivers and all the utilities back just like the way I bought my PC in a new condition...For e.g. these...
  5. Question regarding reinstalling of Windows.

Question regarding reinstalling of Windows.: Hello everybody!!My question is if I do a complete reinstall of my Windows 11 using ISO how am I supposed to get my device drivers and all the Intel drivers and NVIDIA drivers and all the utilities back just like the way I bought my PC in a new condition...For e.g. these...
  6. Question regarding reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question regarding reinstalling windows: HI there. Its that time of the year that ill format C so stuff run smoother. This time though i have added 4 more drivesD, F, H, I. So, if i select reset windows and delete files will it delete stuff ONLY in C, where windows are, or will it delete the other 4 drives too?...
  7. Questions Regarding Reinstallation of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions Regarding Reinstallation of Windows 10.: Hello. Im here because I am unsure how to go about this process. As the headliner gave away, Im looking to reinstall Windows 10 through a Recovery File. Why ? I need to replace my Hard Drive due to it needing to be replaced for various reasons. Now, I know how to make a...
  8. Question regarding windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question regarding windows 10: I am running an hp PC with windows 10 running in it And facing some issues I wan't to do a system restore But the problem is that if I do it then I will get back to windows 8 as it was my original os and I upgraded it to windows 10 during free update period ... So the...
  9. Question regarding Windows 10 clean install!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question regarding Windows 10 clean install!: Hi all, I was wondering whether Windows 10 installs any hardware related drivers of its own at any point during a clean installation. A while back I did a clean install on my wife's Surface Pro 6 and saved a system image using Macrium Reflect as soon as it was done, without...
  10. question regarding windows 10

question regarding windows 10: Is there any App (preferably free) that will work with Windows 10 that can create photo collages.?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-regarding-windows-10/6413a3cf-7b66-4c46-9ae8-4fcae635c385