Windows 10: Broken Windows 10 Metro Icon in Taskbar

Discus and support Broken Windows 10 Metro Icon in Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded my desktop PC to Windows 10 today and found a bug. I have a laptop which I upgraded few days ago and went just fine without having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by risk1996, Aug 5, 2015.

1. risk1996 Win User

Broken Windows 10 Metro Icon in Taskbar

I just upgraded my desktop PC to Windows 10 today and found a bug.
    I have a laptop which I upgraded few days ago and went just fine without having this kind of problem.
    As the screenshot shows, it incorrectly display Microsoft Edge, Store, and Calculator icon. Any other metro apps have similiar problem when launched.
    Restart and re-pinning the icon does not fix this issue. Does anyone have any idea what should I do to fix this?

As an additional information, I've just tried the newest 5th August update KB3081424 but the problem still persist.

P.S.: I've written the exact same problem on Microsoft Answers. Until I post this thread on Ten Forums, 4 other people get the same problem but yet still no answer. Here's the link: Broken Windows 10 Metro Icon in Taskbar - Microsoft Community

Broken Windows 10 Metro Icon in Taskbar [​IMG]

:)

risk1996, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Sinyo2Sinyo, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Broken Windows 10 Metro Icon in Taskbar

I just upgraded my desktop PC to Windows 10 today and found a bug.

I have a laptop which I upgraded few days ago and went just fine without having this kind of problem.

As the screenshot shows, it incorrectly display Microsoft Edge, Store, and Calculator icon. Any other metro apps have similiar problem when launched.

Restart and re-pinning the icon does not fix this issue. Does anyone have any idea what should I do to fix this?

Broken Windows 10 Metro Icon in Taskbar [​IMG]

William DarianSutedjo, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Broken Windows 10 Metro Icon in Taskbar

1. Broken Windows 10 Metro Icon in Taskbar - Similar Threads - Broken Metro Icon

2. Icons are broken on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons are broken on Windows 10: hi all, please see screenshot attached to see how icons on my Windows 10 system are broken.I have tried everything I can find online, including:- Reinstall all apps with PowerShell- Clearing IconCacheI want to avoid doing a PC Reset Recovery.Edition Windows 10 Pro Version...
  3. Icons are broken on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are broken on Windows 10: hi all, please see screenshot attached to see how icons on my Windows 10 system are broken.I have tried everything I can find online, including:- Reinstall all apps with PowerShell- Clearing IconCacheI want to avoid doing a PC Reset Recovery.Edition Windows 10 Pro Version...
  4. Icons are broken on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Home taskbar icons broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home taskbar icons broken: Hello: I tried many fixes suggested for this issue, to no avail, as in the middle icon of the below image. Clicking on it, the icon changes to what's shown in the second image, but reverts when the applications is closed....
  6. Broken Sticky Notes Taskbar Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Sticky Notes Taskbar Icon: Hi, so I have somehow managed to break a pinned app on my taskbar, specifically Sticky Notes. What I did to achieve this is from an open start menu apps list I dragged a shortcut link into another start menu folder that I created for all the office programs. Once there it's...
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar Icon broken for Twitch Desktop App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icon broken for Twitch Desktop App: In the taskbar, instead of displaying the Twitch App icon, it shows a generic broken icon Things I've tried: -uninstalling and reinstalling the app -clearing my icon cache and restarting -restarting windows explorer process I've tried several troubleshooting guides to...
  8. Windows 10 Metro Apps icons looking weird in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Metro Apps icons looking weird in taskbar: Hi everyone Some time ago I remember having trouble installing an update to some Metro app on my Windows 10 laptop (running Windows 10 Education with a 64GB SD Card in 24/7, new Metro apps are set to save there). I was finally able to get it to install by clearing the...
  9. Broken Acrobat X Taskbar Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Acrobat X Taskbar Icon: Hey guys, does anyone know how to fix this annoying problem with the acrobat taskbar icon, I mean it's not a problem per-se but it's confusing sometimes because I think I'm maximizing Windows Photo Viewer instead of Acrobat (It has this broken image icon with two blue arrow...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working: I have upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 and been using it for the last week now with no problems. Today, during a mandatory update my pc went blue screen and said it had to restart. Once it restarted it updated and booted fine. However after the update I realized that my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 app icons not showing up in task bar