Windows 10: Broken windows 10, unable to reset, reboot, and recover

Discus and support Broken windows 10, unable to reset, reboot, and recover in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently got a computer from my grandmother which had an Xtra-PC usb disk which loaded up a linux-type software, but that was slow and the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joseph Corbett, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Broken windows 10, unable to reset, reboot, and recover

I recently got a computer from my grandmother which had an Xtra-PC usb disk which loaded up a linux-type software, but that was slow and the internet diddnt work, so i tried to boot up the windows on there, and nothing works, i get a black screen with the recycle bin at the top left, the task bar freezes, and i cant recover my pc, it just logs me back into the black screen, i can access command prompt and some folders, but thats about it.

:)

Joseph Corbett, Jul 20, 2020
  2. jfrench99 Win User

Unable to reset or recover Windows 10 using bootable USB drive

Thanks for responding. While I do have a digital entitlement, I don't have a complete system image...only the setup USB.

Here are some of the specs of the laptop:

Satellite L745D (part # PSK16C-006003) I think the OS was Windows 7 Home Premium.

Here are some of the other specs:

Broken windows 10, unable to reset, reboot, and recover [​IMG]

I don't know if this is too much information, but I took some screen shots to show what I did, and the messages that resulted. Here we go Broken windows 10, unable to reset, reboot, and recover :)

I selected previous build and got this:

Resetting didn't work for me either:

I restarted the computer without the USB and got the message: "No bootable device. Insert boot disk and press any key."

I'm thinking that the digital entitlement really is the best news in all of this. haha!

jfrench99, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 20, 2020
  4. A. User Win User

Broken windows 10, unable to reset, reboot, and recover

Unable to reset Microsoft Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is when you are not able to reset your Microsoft Account Password as expected. To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the
    questions below.

1. Are you trying to reset the password to your computer or your email?
    2. Do you currently have access to your Microsoft Account, when you try to login using a browser?

If you have trouble resetting the Microsoft Account password, and you are unable to sign in to your account, then you can Recover your Microsoft Account, follow this article on

Recover your Microsoft account
    by submitting an Account Recovery form. You will also be able to find the link to
    live Chat support for issues concerning Microsoft Account at the bottom of the page.

If you are unable to access your Windows Local Account password, then you can check resetting your Windows 10 local account password, follow this article on

Reset your Windows 10 local account password
    , check if that helps.

Please help us with the screenshot of the page in the application, where you are seeing the wrong information. Follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot. I suggest you to
    not to add any personally identifiable information(PII), when you send the screenshot.

We await your response.

Regards,

A. User, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Broken windows 10, unable to reset, reboot, and recover

1. Broken windows 10, unable to reset, reboot, and recover - Similar Threads - Broken unable reset

2. Windows reset broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reset broken: Hello,I am currently trying to reset my windows machine. My issue is that the reset is currently stopped at 42% for more than 2 hours. Is there a safe way to stop the reset in order to use a USB boot with a installation assistant ISO ?Thank you,Clément R....
  3. Recover Windows 10, broken hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover Windows 10, broken hard drive: Hi, my HP laptop w windows 10 stopped working. I purchased three years ago, already installed. I ran diagnostic and hard drive short test failed. I have new hard drive, but no product key. Laptop is registered in Microsoft account. Can I recover windows 10 without new...
  4. Can’t reset broken Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t reset broken Windows 10: Whenever I turn on my PC it automatically loads into Startup Repair. Nothing works in Startup Repair not even Reset. I installed the Windows 10 media creation tool to a USB stick but when I choose the drive to install too I get the error “We couldn't create a new partition or...
  5. broken windows recently recovered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    broken windows recently recovered: hello , i have a broken windows version on an old hard desk and i recovered the windows files , i need now to try to get the windows image from this broken window , how to do so?...
  6. Windows 10 unable to recover

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 unable to recover: My home PC is not starting up, getting following error "The Operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. File:\Windows\System32\drivers\intelpep.sys Error code :0xc00000e9 " I have tried to use auto recovery but it...
  7. Windows 10 will not recover or reset.

Windows 10 will not recover or reset.: [IMG] My most recent phone chat with a Microsoft Technical support tech was that he would keep my Microsoft technical support file open 1 more month as my WIN 10 Pro PC problem is still is not fixed. Re: SRX1481696857ID. To avoid confusion at this point, the history of this...
  8. Unable to recover Windows 10 keys

Unable to recover Windows 10 keys: My wife's Lenovo desktop came with Windows 7 Pro installed. I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro during the free upgrade period. A couple of weeks ago, she did something that completely wiped out the boot partition. She says that she did not do anything, but she is not...
  9. Windows 10 BSOD unable to recover

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD unable to recover: Hi Guys, My Windows 10 PC BSOD and I've been trying to run a recovery process. When I reboot I'm told a critical process died. So I've tried to run in safe mode and safe mode command prompt neither load. However, I have as an advanced option the to run a Command prompt but...
  10. Unable to reset or recover Windows 10 using bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reset or recover Windows 10 using bootable USB drive: Hello! I initially had Windows 7 on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I tried to factory restore, but the original partition with the manufacturer files was missing. I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, as I had an activated Widows 7 OS. The upgrade was successful, but...