Windows 10: Broken windows key & ms-settings:personalisation-background

Discus and support Broken windows key & ms-settings:personalisation-background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my surface laptop my windows key stopped working. Along with some microsoft default apps. I don't get any icons when I swipe from the left or right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StewartGreen1, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Broken windows key & ms-settings:personalisation-background

On my surface laptop my windows key stopped working. Along with some microsoft default apps. I don't get any icons when I swipe from the left or right on the screen and I cant tap the windows key to open the menu. The settings menu cannot also be accessed.

I can find all the apps I need by looking in ProgramFiles(x86) folder and creating shortcuts from there but many parts of the OS cannot be accessed. This happened after I was trying to wipe the drive through the Shift+Restart safe boot and drive wipe options.

I have tried

sfc /scannow

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

I am on windows version 1809.

:)

StewartGreen1, Nov 14, 2018

2. personalising background pictures

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow these steps:

• Go to Settings,
    • Click Personalization
    • Highlight Background and scroll down toward the bottom and click Browse.
    • Select the picture or photo to set as background.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 14, 2018
  4. mjrg1 Win User

Broken windows key & ms-settings:personalisation-background

Background Personalisation

I have created my own Slideshow for Background in the Personalisation options.

Change Picture Every 1 minute is the fastest option available.

The frequency of change on Windows 8.1 could be set to 10 or 20 seconds.

How can I increase the Change Picture speed please?

I am using two monitors.

mjrg1, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Broken windows key & ms-settings:personalisation-background

1. Broken windows key & ms-settings:personalisation-background - Similar Threads - Broken key settings

2. Personalisation settings not saved.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalisation settings not saved.: I have quite a lot of problems with my Windows 10 computer and I have tried every solution possible. First, I LOVE to personalise and change my personalisation settings a lot, like the display wallpaper, the lockscreen wallpaper, etc. But there's a hindrance. Each time I turn...
  3. Personalisation of Background

Personalisation of Background: I want to change the background picture on my PC using one of my own photos, but there is no 'Browse' button displayed on the 'Background' page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalisation-of-background/2448d803-fa8f-4c12-9b67-c096dce6ef47
  4. Choose a Fit - Windows 10 Background Personalisation

Choose a Fit - Windows 10 Background Personalisation: I have a third party app that updates my background every 25 minuets. That means I cannot use the slideshow setting in personalisation. How can I change the default choose a fit setting so that my image is the perfect fit every time it updates? The default choose a fit...
  5. Window 10 Background Personalisation

Window 10 Background Personalisation: I have a third party app that updates my background every 25 minuets. That means I cannot use the slideshow setting in personalisation. How can I change the default choose a fit setting so that my image is the perfect fit every time it updates? The default choose a fit...
  6. Personalised background image.

Personalised background image.: I run the slideshow option for the background selecting a specific folder or 'Pictures'. Is there any way to identify an image when it displays on the screen please?...
  7. Windows Settings Personalisation Background Freezes When Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Settings Personalisation Background Freezes When Opening: When I'm opening Windows settings it opens, as normal, but when I open Personalisation setting my Settings window completly freezes. Idk what to do. I can close Settings, but I can't change my background....
  8. Broken start menu & ms-settings:personalisation-background

Broken start menu & ms-settings:personalisation-background: On my surface laptop the start menu stopped working. Along with some microsoft default apps. I don't get any icons when I swipe from the left or right on the screen and I cant tap the windows key to open the menu. The settings menu cannot also be accessed. I can find all...
  9. personalisation settings

personalisation settings: when i go to personalisation of lockscreen it shows "some settings are hidden or managed by organisation" why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalisation-settings/ca7a99ac-fae2-4724-9e75-cf2b7ddf8886
  10. Default PERSONALISATION settings

Default PERSONALISATION settings: I have messed up the Windows 10 PERSONALISATION screen. How may I REVERT to the ORIGINAL settings? 13281

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WHY IS CHANGE PICTURE POSITION IN PERSONALISATION SETTING NOT WORKING