Windows 10: Broken windows updates

Discus and support Broken windows updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since the 20H2 feature update, the following cumulative updates have been failing left and right. When restarting, the update progress goes up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ritesh Sachan, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Broken windows updates

Ever since the 20H2 feature update, the following cumulative updates have been failing left and right. When restarting, the update progress goes up to 99% and fails to say, "We couldn't update, undoing changes" and stays like that for approximately 40-45 minutes. This has happened like 7-8 times already. I've been having FPS drops while playing games as well. If it was just one game, then it could've been understandable that it was an issue with the game, but I get fps drops in every single game.
    yesterday I got frustrated and decided to reset windows. But the story is still the same. Still, the update progress goes up to 99% and fails. I ran the update troubleshooter and it gave me the following result, which does not help at all. Broken windows updates 2c86d7ac-f660-41f4-b697-0fb86753b464?upload=true.png

Now I noticed something weird, in the first image below you see the KB5000842 update was successfully installed, but in the second image, it says it's still pending.

Broken windows updates 39fa2285-eac7-4901-a4aa-6d7fc47da383?upload=true.png

Broken windows updates 17e2d11e-5e2e-42f3-9dd5-74b5a467506a?upload=true.png

It'll be really great if I get some help. I honestly don't what could work if resetting windows didn't help.

:)

Ritesh Sachan, Apr 6, 2021

2. Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Apr 6, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Broken windows updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Pipps Win User

Broken windows updates

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Broken windows updates

1. Broken windows updates - Similar Threads - Broken updates

2. Broken Windows update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Windows update?: As the title says, I think I may have encountered a broken update or something. Ok so, I saw that windows wanted to update, cool, I let it download and install. All's fine, right? Well, when I went to shut down the computer so that the update can do it's thing or shuts down...
  3. Windows 10 Show Hide Updates Tool wushowhide.diagcab download link broken

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Show Hide Updates Tool wushowhide.diagcab download link broken: Windows Updates are important, but at times, users might not want to update their systems. While Microsoft keeps changing the policies regarding Windows updates, the current policy allows you to easily pause the updates for 7 days. Earlier, they allowed users to download and...
  4. Microsoft Updates Still Broken!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Updates Still Broken!: My Win10 Home has NOT taken any updates since Jan 2021. They're all broken and download a 1000 times daily but fail to install!! So, I've put all updates on pause until 5/2/2021. Yes, my system is plugged in & connected to the internet!! Yes, my Win10 license is legit,...
  5. Feature Update 20H2 - Secure Channel Broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Feature Update 20H2 - Secure Channel Broken: Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out here? I have a small home network, comprised of 6PCs that are members of a Windows Domain. I have 2 Domain Controllers running Server 2016. Since installing Feature Update 20H2 on one of my machines I've been seeing errors at logon...
  6. Activation broken by latest update?

Activation broken by latest update?: Suddenly seeing Activate Windows on a machine running fine for 10 years....tried to go to Settings to run activation troubleshooter as recommended by the bot, but Update/Activation screens will not open at all?...
  7. Broken Search Menu on windows 10 insider after the latest update.

in Cortana
    Broken Search Menu on windows 10 insider after the latest update.: So the search menu broke on Windows 10 Insider 21H1 build: 19043.906 Has this happened to anyone else? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-search-menu-on-windows-10-insider-after-the/5578faae-57f2-45b8-8fdf-aadee8332348
  8. Windows update not working/OS system broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update not working/OS system broken: So all of this probably started after i re installed nvidia drivers for my gpu from the official website, i see that the nvidia control panel was missing, so i went to microsoft store and i could not download it from here (i cant download other apps too) on Microsoft store...
  9. can you please help me?? sounds is broken since latest windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can you please help me?? sounds is broken since latest windows update: I avoid windows updates because im scared its gonna mess up my pc and fears were confirmed today when i foolishly downloaded a update that broke my sound. first my mic wouldn't recognize and then everything has a fuzziness behind and certain sounds are cut completely i...
  10. Latest feature update is broken

Latest feature update is broken: Somehow the update gives a MAJOR slowdown on older computers. It brings the GPU up to 100% usage, and the same applies to SSD usage. For some reason I've found the problem on my GF's computer that has Razer Game Service that made the computer spike up in usage. Turns out the...