Windows 10: Brother confirms Windows 11 printer issues

Discus and support Brother confirms Windows 11 printer issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Brother has confirmed an issue that is affecting many of the company's printers on devices running Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system. Printers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Oct 12, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Brother confirms Windows 11 printer issues

Brother has confirmed an issue that is affecting many of the company's printers on devices running Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system. Printers may not be detected correctly by the operating system if the printer is connected to the device via USB, according to Brother. Brother recommends using a different connection method, if available, to resolve the issue. Printers may support connections via Wi-Fi or other ports, e.g. printer ports and not USB.

Brother: Windows 11 printer connection issue

Brother confirms Windows 11 printer issues brother-printer-connection-issue-windows-11.png

Brother is currently checking the compatibility of its laser printers and inkjet printers with Microsoft's Windows operating system.

We are currently checking the compatibility of Brother product with Windows 11. For more information, see the Product Support List below. We update this list regularly.

Depending on your model, you may not be able to connect your Brother machine to a Windows 11 computer using a USB cable.

The list of products that may be affected by the issue has been posted to the Support page. Here is the list of printer models that may refuse to work with Windows 11 if connected via USB:

DCP-B7500D, DCP-B7535DW, DCP-J1050DW, DCP-J1100DW, DCP-J1140DW, DCP-J1200W(XL), DCP-J572DW, DCP-L2531DW, DCP-L2535D , DCP-L2535DW, DCP-L2550DW, DCP-L3510CDW, DCP-L3551CDW, DCP-L5500D, DCP-L5600DN, DCP-T220, DCP-T310, DCP-T420W, DCP-T510W, DCP-T520W, DCP-T710W, DCP-T720DW, DCP-T820DW, DCP-T825DW, HL-B2000D, HL-B2080DW, HL-L2310D, HL-L2335D, HL-L2350DW, HL-L2351DW, HL-L2370DN, HL-L2375DW, HL-L2376DW, HL-L2385DW, HL-L2386DW, HL-L2395DW, HL-L3210CW, HL-L3230CDN, HL-L3230CDW, HL-L3270CDW, HL-T4000DW, MFC-B7715DW, MFC-J1010DW, MFC-J1300DW, MFC-J2330DW, MFC-J2730DW, MFC-J3530DW, MFC-J3930DW, MFC-J4340DW(XL), MFC-J4440DW, MFC-J4540DW(XL), MFC-J491DW, MFC-J5330DW, MFC-J5730DW, MFC-J5845DW, MFC-J5930DW, MFC-J5945DW, MFC-J6530DW, MFC-J6545DW, MFC-J6730DW, MFC-J690DW, MFC-J6930DW, MFC-J6935DW, MFC-J6945DW, MFC-J890DW, MFC-L2710DW, MFC-L2713DW, MFC-L2715DW, MFC-L2716DW, MFC-L2730DW, MFC-L2750DW, MFC-L2751DW, MFC-L2770DW, MFC-L2771DW, MFC-L3710CW, MFC-L3735CDN, MFC-L3745CDW, MFC-L3750CDW, MFC-L3770CDW, MFC-L5700DN, MFC-L5755DW, MFC-L5900DW, MFC-L6700DW, MFC-L6900DW, MFC-L8690CDW, MFC-L8900CDW, MFC-L9570CDW, MFC-T4500DW, MFC-T810W, MFC-T910DW, MFC-T920DW, MFC-T925DW

The company published two support pages, one for laser printers and one for inkjet printers, which it will update regularly with status updates. Brother is analyzing several of its printing applications, including Presto! PageManager, Presto! ImageFolio, PaperPort, and BookScan&WhiteBoard Suite as well to find out if these are fully compatible with Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system.

Brother users may also receive the error "Cannot print to the USB printer" when using the USB Connection Repair Tool. Other programs may also display error messages after upgrading to Windows 11 when trying to print or communicate with the installed printer. The list has been published here.

• Device Settings Tool
    • Paper Size Setup Tool
    • Distributed Print Tool
    • Special ID Setting Tool
    • Wireless Setup Wizard
    • P-Touch Editor 5.4
    • Update Software
    • Transfer Manager
    • Transfer Express
    • Template Settings
    • Printer Setting Tool

Our colleagues over at Deskmodder managed to resolve the issue by disconnecting the USB connection, removing all drivers and the printer itself using the Device Manager, restarting Windows 11, installing drivers anew and connecting the printer again via USB.

Microsoft has not acknowledged the issue officially yet.

Now You: which printers do you use? did you notice any issues lately? (via Bleeping Computer)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Brother confirms Windows 11 printer issues appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Oct 12, 2021
  2. PiKo Win User

Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Check whether I understood you well.
    First try: Add new printer, Windows finds printer and loads its own drivers/programme automatically. It wprks but not with the Brother drivers.
    Second try: Brother package: failed
    I suggest a third try: Add new printer; the printer that I wanted is not listed; continue and see of your model is listed. in the list of printers.
    I had difficulties with setting up another Brother printer, and the third try solved it.

3. Printer Issue

I have a Brother printer MFC-J870DW setup as wireless and while it does print and is setup as the default printer it is NOT listed as a loaded device in the control panel. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but it does not correct the problem.
    Have talked with Brother techs and they say its a Windows issue. Suggestions ???

LouisBaratta, Oct 12, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Brother confirms Windows 11 printer issues [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Brother confirms Windows 11 printer issues - Similar Threads - Brother confirms printer

2. Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Printer issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Printer issue: Microsoft confirmed a new Windows 11 issue that is affecting some printers on the operating system. The issue is serious, and Microsoft has applied a safeguard hold on updates to Windows 11 version 22H2 for devices that are potentially affected by the issue. [ATTACH]...
  3. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  4. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer: I can load my Brother printer software but it will not actually install, why?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/29dde689-b09c-4cbe-bfb4-acf6c49ac5d1
  5. Windows and Brother Printer issue

Windows and Brother Printer issue: Installed a Brother printer today. I can't get if off of 2-sided printing. I talked with BROTHER 3 times for troubleshooting. Based on the steps they walked through, they said the issue is with Windows and I needed to contact them. If I were the type of person who pulled my...
  6. Brother MFC-7420 printer issues

Brother MFC-7420 printer issues: We recently got a Brother MFC-7420 printer second hand. It works well, except that if the print density is set to 1200 DPI, which is apparently the default, it prints four times as large as it's supposed to, and only prints the upper left quadrant of the page. If it's set to...
  7. Brother Printer

Brother Printer: I cannot get my printer to print anything from my laptop. The internet is unstable, so I have it cabled connected. It copies and work wireless to pint PDFs only. I've removed it and added the device again; still no luck. ugh...
  8. Printer Spooler Issue on Brother printer

Printer Spooler Issue on Brother printer: will not stay on -- have to restart manually -- works on other printer same model but newer -- i see issue mentioned on web but no simple fix -- windows update caused it maybe? should I just get new printer....
  9. BROTHER PRINTER QL 570 PRINTER ISSUES

BROTHER PRINTER QL 570 PRINTER ISSUES: Hi, I am trying to print on the brother QL 570 label printer. It worked fine for a number of years, but I have encountered issues in the last 2 weeks. I think I may have inadvertently uninstalled something. So, I uninstalled the whole application and re-installed. It says...
  10. Brother laser printer sleeping issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brother laser printer sleeping issue: I have always been able to print to my Brother laser printer from my laptop after it went to sleep. We got a new HP computer and now once it's sleeping I can't print to it from the computer. I can still print to it from my phone but not he computer. I keep having to reset the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brother mfc-7420 driver for windows 11

2. mfc-l8900cdw windows 10 printing problem