Windows 10: Brother CW255 Printer not working since last update

Discus and support Brother CW255 Printer not working since last update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Any advice to get my printer working again?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MicheleDolan, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Brother CW255 Printer not working since last update

Any advice to get my printer working again?

:)

MicheleDolan, Jun 20, 2020
  2. cognus Win User

Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Gang I have really appreciated how Windows 10 can pickup devices on the network and get them working without the user even knowing what happened. Saves steps. With multifunction printers, however, it is better in some cases to run the Manufacturers software stack for key important key features, in this case scanning multiple pages into one PDF. I have not seen a case like this one: The Device, a Brother MFC-L2707dw, is working - windows dropped it into Devices & Printers with no intervention, both by USB, and later by WIFI. The basic functions work. It will print, scan, and copy. But all not well.

The info on the printer is not populated other than the basic ID: it gets the model correct, all other information missing in Windows Devices & Printers. Most importantly, in trying to install either the Basic Drivers package or the Full Features package from Brother [they only list those two in Downloads for Windows 10], I have to quit the install because it cannot detect the printer. Fails when connected by USB, and fails when connected only by WIFI [and the printer works on WIFI as well as USB]. Similarly, if I delete the Printer and then use the "Add Printer" in Windows Control Panel, Windows 10 cannot discover the device. [but it does... just not the prescribed way]

I have not tried this in Safe Mode - I assumed drivers would be squelched and the package would fail again.

Anyone have a suggestion here?

C

cognus, Jun 20, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Brother CW255 Printer not working since last update [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 20, 2020
  4. weamish Win User

Brother CW255 Printer not working since last update

Brother printers - wireless connection

Yep, over the years I've contacted Brother by phone and online chat and email. They have a list of stock responses, none of which have solved the problem. Their printers work great when they're actually working. But the wireless issues are maddening. With other printer brands, my experience has been different - when the internet connection is restored, the printers automatically reconnect to the wifi SSID and work properly again, immediately. But for some reason this does not happen with Brother, even when their printers have reconnected.

weamish, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Brother CW255 Printer not working since last update

1. Brother CW255 Printer not working since last update - Similar Threads - Brother CW255 Printer

2. printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...: I have tried re-installing brother driver software, resetting setup, and many other suggestions, why is it Microsoft don't have a work around or a patch to resolve this issue, it is clearly a result of the Windows update?Steve "O"...
  3. printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...: I have tried re-installing brother driver software, resetting setup, and many other suggestions, why is it Microsoft don't have a work around or a patch to resolve this issue, it is clearly a result of the Windows update?Steve "O"...
  4. printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. laptop not working since last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not working since last update: Hi, My HP probook is now inoperable since it restarted after an update. Previous to that it kept crashing & I was getting different stop codes including KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED & MEMORY MANAGEMENT. After a series of crashes it said needs a restart. Ever since that...
  6. Brother printer DCP-7030 is not working after the last windows update, installing...

Brother printer DCP-7030 is not working after the last windows update, installing...: Brother printer DCP-7030 is not working after the last windows update, installing KB4567523 did not help, the printer is always shown as offline...
  7. Brother Printer Not Working

Brother Printer Not Working: Windows 10 has affected my printer. I need simple, easy directions to get my printer and PC to talk to each other again. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-not-working/a854253d-a2e0-46ee-a090-df5e19cd0e87
  8. Brother MFC-465CN printer is not printing since updates

Brother MFC-465CN printer is not printing since updates: Hopefully, someone will be able to help me. Ever since the 6/2020 Microsoft updates, I have not been able to print from my computer. I have Windows 10 version 1909. I can scan and copy just fine, but cannot print anything. My Brother printer MFC-465CN is not listed in the...
  9. why is my brothers printer not working no more since the update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is my brothers printer not working no more since the update: for some reason brothers printer is not working with the update , brothers costomer service said to get ahold of Microsoft to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-is-my-brothers-printer-not-working-no-more/6039ac85-9ab1-4551-9792-07c5742495e3
  10. Onedrive not working since last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive not working since last update: Since these updates were installed, onedrive in File Explorer has stopped working. Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. - Net - 8/9/2019 AM - 15.68.17015.112 Successfully installed on 07-Dec-19 Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. - Bluetooth - 8/9/2019 AM - 15.68.17015.112 Successfully...