Windows 10: Brother DCP-L2540DW driver installation

Discus and support Brother DCP-L2540DW driver installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had a Brother DCP-L2540DW printer for about five years. Until a week ago, it was operating fine over a USB connection with all requisite Brother... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdamGreenberg, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Brother DCP-L2540DW driver installation

I have had a Brother DCP-L2540DW printer for about five years. Until a week ago, it was operating fine over a USB connection with all requisite Brother software installed. The printer was moved in conjunction with my setting up a home office during the recent quarantine and I attempted to set it up over a wireless network. The printer is connected to the wireless network and indeed I can print to it if I install it as a generic printer. However, I cannot use the Brother scanning software.

I have attempted, with Brother's assistance, to reinstall their driver package to this device. However, every attempt has met with errors, which they indicate are problems with the computer. In the process, I am fairly certain that I have disabled even the USB connection should I plug the printer directly in and I cannot reinstall that meaning the device will be half-functionless even once I reopen my office.

The driver package downloads and decompresses as expected and then throws an error when the setup file is run. I have circumvented this first error by moving the decompressed files directly to C:\. That permits the file to run, but partway through the setup, the program throws an error and terminates. Below are two error messages received. However, other error messages have been received during other attempts, including a "feature transfer error".

Brother DCP-L2540DW driver installation 281063f4-6123-46b0-8f23-00159af4ec40?upload=true.jpg Brother DCP-L2540DW driver installation 2a211a2c-47a3-42aa-afde-936f9a92dd5d?upload=true.jpg

I have removed all Brother software, all Brother printers, all Brother scanners, all Brother program data, and all Brother registry entries that I can find and have run Brother's uninstall tools, and I can still not get the software to reinstall.

I still have the original CD from when I purchased the printer, but it does not contain software compatible with Windows 10 and consequently, I must use the downloaded version, which does not work. Other Brother driver packages for other printers download and install correctly, but are incompatible with this printer.

:)

AdamGreenberg, Mar 23, 2020

2. Brother DCP-L2540DW driver installation

I have had a Brother DCP-L2540DW printer for about five years. Until a week ago, it was operating fine over a USB connection with all requisite Brother software installed. The printer was moved in conjunction with my setting up a home office during the recent
    quarantine and I attempted to set it up over a wireless network. The printer is connected to the wireless network and indeed I can print to it if I install it as a generic printer. However, I cannot use the Brother scanning software.

I have attempted, with Brother's assistance, to reinstall their driver package to this device. However, every attempt has met with errors, which they indicate are problems with the computer. In the process, I am fairly certain that I have disabled even the
    USB connection should I plug the printer directly in and I cannot reinstall that meaning the device will be half-functionless even once I reopen my office.

The driver package downloads and decompresses as expected and then throws an error when the setup file is run. I have circumvented this first error by moving the decompressed files directly to C:\. That permits the file to run, but partway through the setup,
    the program throws an error and terminates. Below are two error messages received. However, other error messages have been received during other attempts, including a "feature transfer error".

Brother DCP-L2540DW driver installation 281063f4-6123-46b0-8f23-00159af4ec40?upload=true.jpg

Brother DCP-L2540DW driver installation 2a211a2c-47a3-42aa-afde-936f9a92dd5d?upload=true.jpg

I have removed all Brother software, all Brother printers, all Brother scanners, all Brother program data, and all Brother registry entries that I can find and have run Brother's uninstall tools, and I can still not get the software to reinstall.

I still have the original CD from when I purchased the printer, but it does not contain software compatible with Windows 10 and consequently, I must use the downloaded version, which does not work. Other Brother driver packages for other printers download
    and install correctly, but are incompatible with this printer.

AdamGreenberg, May 26, 2020
  3. crionsynx Win User
    Brother DCP-L2540DW driver installation

This issue may happen if the Windows Installer is not working properly or sometimes the installer is not compatible with your system. I suggest that you install it in Compatibility mode. Follow the steps below:

Right click on the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click on the Compatibility tab.

Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode box.

Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous Operating System, then tap or click OK.

See the link below for more information regarding compatibility mode

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15078/...

crionsynx, May 26, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Brother printer DCP 1610w not scanning to my computer

Hi Linden,

Outdated scanner driver is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to scan using your Brother DCP 1610W printer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Have you tried to download and install the latest driver for your printer from the manufacturer's website?
    • Do you receive any error messages?
    • What program are you using to scan files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Brother DCP-L2540DW driver installation - Similar Threads - Brother DCP L2540DW

2. Brother DCP-L2540DW Cannot print from computer. Printer says Receiving Data. Queqe has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother DCP-L2540DW Cannot print from computer. Printer says Receiving Data. Queqe has...: Brother DCP-L2540DW Cannot print from computer. Printer says REceiving Data contantly. Queue has been cleared and shows no documents to be printed. Ran trouble shooter. It shows No Issues. Now what????...
  3. Brother DCP-L2540DW Cannot print from computer. Printer says Receiving Data. Queqe has...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother DCP-L2540DW Cannot print from computer. Printer says Receiving Data. Queqe has...: Brother DCP-L2540DW Cannot print from computer. Printer says REceiving Data contantly. Queue has been cleared and shows no documents to be printed. Ran trouble shooter. It shows No Issues. Now what????...
  4. Brother DCP-L2540DW Cannot print from computer. Printer says Receiving Data. Queqe has...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW: Following a catastrophic failure of my hard drive I replaced it and did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Acer laptop. I'm not a novice at this sort of thing and everything went smoothly but for one thing, the Microsoft driver for the Brother DCP-J4120DW printer didn't work...
  6. Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW: Following a catastrophic failure of my hard drive I replaced it and did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Acer laptop. I'm not a novice at this sort of thing and everything went smoothly but for one thing, the Microsoft driver for the Brother DCP-J4120DW printer didn't work...
  7. Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW

8. Surface Pro X printing in negative to my Brother DCP-L2540DW printer

Surface Pro X printing in negative to my Brother DCP-L2540DW printer: My brother printer is printing images in negative for example a paper with white text and black background from my Surface Pro X running Windows 10. I found that in setting up the printer through the control panel it had set up Microsoft IPP class driver as the default...
  9. Brother DCP-145C won't scan. I cannot install Brother's driver software. Hijacked by W10 !!

Brother DCP-145C won't scan. I cannot install Brother's driver software. Hijacked by W10 !!: I need to scan some papers... [for a refund of $ 350,-... which I urgently need] ... but my printer doesn't scan. I try to install Brother driver software (W10 compatible) but the install program says the USB cable is not plugged in [which is incorrect] , in other...
  10. Brother DCP-145C and Windows 10

Brother DCP-145C and Windows 10: I got my Brother DCP-145C about 8 years ago when I had Windows XP. It has been through Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. Ever since the second or third big Windows 10 Update, though, I have had problems. It only prints out a fraction of the page for the first half hour or so after I...