Windows 10: Brother driver not in my list at installation but in the Brother people list

Discus and support Brother driver not in my list at installation but in the Brother people list in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI, I need to install the driver of my HL-5070N printer on my new Windows 10 computer but the driver is not in the list at Windows Update (I took a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArturoShaw, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Brother driver not in my list at installation but in the Brother people list

HI,

I need to install the driver of my HL-5070N printer on my new Windows 10 computer but the driver is not in the list at Windows Update (I took a picture) but the people at Brother can see it in their lists (sent me a picture). I am in Luxembourg, they are in Belgium, not the same country but I don't think that could be the reason (it is an European model). Can anyone send me that f.... driver, please?

Thanks

Arturo

Systems Engineer

Both lists:

Brother driver not in my list at installation but in the Brother people list 4cf76281-6588-4975-8c2a-c078211dde6e?upload=true.png

Brother driver not in my list at installation but in the Brother people list fc4758aa-117c-467c-ab1c-81293635050e?upload=true.png

:)

ArturoShaw, Mar 28, 2019
  2. Ivanmow Win User

Brother HL-5280DW printer driver missing from windows 10

what driver do I use as a substitute for Brother HL-5280DW printer, in windows list of brother printer drivers?

Ivanmow, Mar 28, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Brother driver not in my list at installation but in the Brother people list [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 28, 2019
  4. bobkn Win User

Brother driver not in my list at installation but in the Brother people list

Unable to install Epson printer or Brother Labeller

Epson lists drivers for the DX4400 for Windows 10:

Epson Stylus DX4400 : Drivers & Software

These are 64 bit, but there are also 32 bit ones.

They're from 2012, which means that they are probably Windows 7 drivers, but Epson seems to think that they should work.

As you don't list a model number for your Brother labeller, we can't look for a driver. I have had good luck with driver support for a couple of Brother laser printers. I don't know about labellers; if Windows Update already had a driver (like for my old HL 5150D), I imagine that you'd have it already.

bobkn, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Brother driver not in my list at installation but in the Brother people list

1. Brother driver not in my list at installation but in the Brother people list - Similar Threads - Brother driver list

2. Brother HL-5280DW drivers will not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother HL-5280DW drivers will not install: I have tried every suggested method and my Brother HL-5280DW drivers will not install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-hl-5280dw-drivers-will-not-install/3f04d57c-93e3-4e9d-b132-f93c12ab370f
  3. Brother HL-5280DW drivers will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother HL-5280DW drivers will not install: I have tried every suggested method and my Brother HL-5280DW drivers will not install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-hl-5280dw-drivers-will-not-install/3f04d57c-93e3-4e9d-b132-f93c12ab370f
  4. My Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer is listed as Copy 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer is listed as Copy 1: I had to remove my printer and when I added it again it has Copy 1 after it, though it's the Brother printer listed. I've tried rebooting both my laptop and uninstalling it. Each time I add it now, it shows as Copy1....
  5. My Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer is listed as Copy 1

My Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer is listed as Copy 1: I had to remove my printer and when I added it again it has Copy 1 after it, though it's the Brother printer listed. I've tried rebooting both my laptop and uninstalling it. Each time I add it now, it shows as Copy1....
  6. My Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer is listed as Copy 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Brother Printer Drivers

Brother Printer Drivers: I upgradewd my Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. Will my Brothger HL2240 work with Windows 10? Do I need new drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-drivers/b3d579c3-2686-4c54-8476-abf0e930e113
  8. Brother DCP-L2540DW driver installation

Brother DCP-L2540DW driver installation: I have had a Brother DCP-L2540DW printer for about five years. Until a week ago, it was operating fine over a USB connection with all requisite Brother software installed. The printer was moved in conjunction with my setting up a home office during the recent quarantine and I...
  9. Brother MFC J6720DW listed with strange icon in Devices and Printers

Brother MFC J6720DW listed with strange icon in Devices and Printers: I have reinstalled the drivers for my Brother MFC J6720DW and now the printer icon is listed in the unspecified category instead of the printer category. The printer is the "Device" icon to the right. [img] Right clicking on the icon shows the usual items for a printer...
  10. People listed in taskbar

People listed in taskbar: Some contacts appear under the People in the taskbar. How to remove the names of people no longer in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-listed-in-taskbar/ead9bf77-8e45-4534-afa6-103da0c715ad