Windows 10: Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print

Discus and support Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I suddenly cannot print anything. I last printed day before yesterday.Printing from MS Office does not work.Test page will not print. The files go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jean1234562, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print

I suddenly cannot print anything. I last printed day before yesterday.Printing from MS Office does not work.Test page will not print. The files go to the spooler but eventually their status turns to error.Ran the printing trouble shooter that indicates there is a problem but all the conditions it checked were fine.I rebooted. Multiple times.I removed and reinstalled the printer.I downloaded a new driver from Brother website. Removed and reinstalled printer again.I checked Services. All running. I checked dependencies. All running.I don't have another computer to use to check the print

:)

jean1234562, Mar 22, 2022
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Mar 22, 2022
  3. JC80527 Win User
    Brother Printer HL 2240 not appearing in Windows 10 upgrade

I took the plunge in upgrading this week. Everything has been fine except for my printers. In the upgrade it brought back a Kodak driver for C315 that was supposedly uninstalled in window 8.1. So I have two issues:

Issue 1

• Brothers printer is missing as a select able printer to use.
    • I tried reinstalling the full drive package from brothers website using window 8.1 since 10 is not available
    • After running install I receive a warning box that says printing device is already installed
    • Still not able to print

Issue 2

• Kodak Printer C315 is showing an error
    • I would like to uninstall this device (again)
    • Uninstall under programs when I select the Kodak AiO Software to remove it prompts : please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling
    • It does this every time I try to uninstall Kodak.
    • Kodak last update on this driver is 2010 since they went defunct. No further updates are to be provided on their end
    • I tried running the troubleshooter program in Windows 10 and ended up with no positive results.
    I'd like to be able to print again with the brothers driver and eliminate the kodak software.

I appreciate your help.

JC80527, Mar 22, 2022
  4. Pawan1709 Win User

Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print

Brother Printer HL 2240 not appearing in Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to remove both the printers from system initially. Then try installing the printer of your choice.

Refer the steps to Remove a printer.

How to set a default printer in Windows 10

(Applies to Windows 10)

For the Brothers printer you may try installing the drivers in compatibility mode to make sure that the drivers are installed properly.

Please follow the steps below for more information:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the
      operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Click OK and run the setup.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print

1. Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print - Similar Threads - Brother 2240 printer

2. Printer problems with HL-5340D Brother printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer problems with HL-5340D Brother printer: Brother - Printers - Brother HL-5340D series driver was downloaded on my Windows 11 computer yesterday from WINDOWS UPDATE. I printed a test page. But I cannot get it to print anything else. Brother does not support Windows 11 for this printer. Why was I able to print a test...
  3. Printer problems with HL-5340D Brother printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer problems with HL-5340D Brother printer: Brother - Printers - Brother HL-5340D series driver was downloaded on my Windows 11 computer yesterday from WINDOWS UPDATE. I printed a test page. But I cannot get it to print anything else. Brother does not support Windows 11 for this printer. Why was I able to print a test...
  4. Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print: I suddenly cannot print anything. I last printed day before yesterday.Printing from MS Office does not work.Test page will not print. The files go to the spooler but eventually their status turns to error.Ran the printing trouble shooter that indicates there is a problem but...
  5. Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print: I suddenly cannot print anything. I last printed day before yesterday.Printing from MS Office does not work.Test page will not print. The files go to the spooler but eventually their status turns to error.Ran the printing trouble shooter that indicates there is a problem but...
  6. Brother printer HL-5420 is unavailable

Brother printer HL-5420 is unavailable: Can't connect my brother HL-5420 to my Windows 10 Dell XPS 64 bitHI there is another posting on this topic that is locked and I wanted to share another solution.My Brother HL-5420 printer was linked to my Dell XPS 15. The printer is showing in 'Settings\Bluetooth & other...
  7. Brother Printer Scanner HL-L2390DW

Brother Printer Scanner HL-L2390DW: My Surface communicates thru Wifi. The printer works but I get a message that no scanner found. How can I get my scanner to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-scanner-hl-l2390dw/b2570b5b-e9d4-418b-8c5d-979abfc39e58
  8. Brother HL-2170W Laser printer won't print on Win 10

Brother HL-2170W Laser printer won't print on Win 10: I have a Brother HL-2170W Laser printer and a new Windows 10 installation. I downloaded the appropriate Brother installation page and installed the printer. It worked fine,. Later I noticed that I had two printer installations, HL-2170W and HL-2170W Copy 1. I removed the...
  9. Printer Brother HL-2360D

Printer Brother HL-2360D: My brother L2360d series is printing the page all black with the message in white lettering. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-brother-hl-2360d/e7cbec37-2282-4cc4-aafb-6a5db39fbcd3
  10. brother HL-2170w printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brother HL-2170w printer: after downgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 my printer will not work. I removed all drivers re-installed several times, no good. machine will not recognize printer with or without drivers. Is there a solution for this? I tried the printer on another machine on the...