Windows 10: BRother HL3040CN cannot be found on Wired LAN after windows update fall 2019

Discus and support BRother HL3040CN cannot be found on Wired LAN after windows update fall 2019 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Brother HL3040CN cannot be found on my LAN after a fall update of windows 10. An old discovery protocol SMB1 was inactivated in windows but even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rob van campenhout, Jan 27, 2020.

1. BRother HL3040CN cannot be found on Wired LAN after windows update fall 2019

My Brother HL3040CN cannot be found on my LAN after a fall update of windows 10. An old discovery protocol SMB1 was inactivated in windows but even after I reactivated the service I still cannot find the printer. I can however find my Western Digital My Book live NAS so it has to be something in the Brother drivers for this model printer. I have installed the latest driver versions and have tried both 64 and 32 Bit drivers to no avail.

Can't find any problem descriptions on the Brother website.

The printer works fine as a USB local connected system but no longer as a network printer.

:)

Rob van campenhout, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 27, 2020
  3. bunch64 Win User
    fall 2019 update

fall 2019 update loads but does not update

bunch64, Jan 27, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

BRother HL3040CN cannot be found on Wired LAN after windows update fall 2019

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

BRother HL3040CN cannot be found on Wired LAN after windows update fall 2019

1. BRother HL3040CN cannot be found on Wired LAN after windows update fall 2019 - Similar Threads - BRother HL3040CN cannot

2. Brother HL-1430 driver for Windows 10 cannot be found in Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother HL-1430 driver for Windows 10 cannot be found in Windows Update: I am trying to install a Brother HL-1430 printer on a new laptop running Windows 10 Home. The latest updates for Windows 10 have been installed. When I look for a driver for the HL-1430 I cannot find one, even after running Windows Update in the printer install process. The...
  3. win 10 2019 fall update for surface 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 2019 fall update for surface 4: I have not had an update in the Insider review since build 18936,rs prerelease. I was expecting the Fall Release by now. Is there an issue with Surface 4 i7 that is holding back the update?...
  4. Wired vs WiFi LAN security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wired vs WiFi LAN security: I am having an in-house discussion on the security aspects of a wired LAN versus a WiFi LAN. I am told WiFi is insecure because other WiFi eavesdroppers can listen in and grab data, whereas a wired LAN offers full security against such eavesdropping on an in-house LAN. We...
  5. windows 10 fall 2019 update

windows 10 fall 2019 update: cumulative for july won't update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fall-2019-update/e70b19ca-2251-4a40-8c77-8d55be200e09
  6. fall 2019 update

fall 2019 update: fall 2019 update loads but does not update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fall-2019-update/9add115f-3ba2-422b-9d67-38f0e0b4eb51
  7. Wired LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired LAN: How do I create a wired LAN in Windows 10. I do not want to connect to internet just 2 computer and a printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-lan/1ce14bc9-7f73-4b94-9522-485b151182f3
  8. Internet connection through wired LAN

Internet connection through wired LAN: I tried to connect to internet through wired lan. Actually I could connect to same lan with a wifi and even I could access internet through a connection at the back of wifi router(i.e.wired). But I could not directly connect to internet through lan wire(i.e. ethernet) cable....
  9. Creators Update destroyed Network Discovery on wired LAN

Creators Update destroyed Network Discovery on wired LAN: After the Creator’s Update, I learned that Network Discovery is not functioning consistently. Only two computers *(wifi) show in our work group of seven Win 10 computers. However, one computer does show all six computers in the work group. They have identical network...
  10. Cannot find or launch the Store after Fall update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find or launch the Store after Fall update: I eventually managed to install the Fall update, but it has 'damaged' a number of things. In particular I cannot launch / open the MS Windows Store (or some of the apps). I have found many files relating to the Store but none which open it. Instructions do not work, there is...