Windows 10: Brother-in-law locked out of his computer

Discus and support Brother-in-law locked out of his computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; All, My brother-in-law is not tech savvy at all. He has a dell laptop that he is locked out of. He set up a PIN, Password and face recognition, but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CraigBobchin, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Brother-in-law locked out of his computer

All,

My brother-in-law is not tech savvy at all. He has a dell laptop that he is locked out of. He set up a PIN, Password and face recognition, but he's been ill/hospitalized for several months and lost a lot of weight and Facial recognition doesn't work. He can't remember his PIN nor his Password.

How can I get him back into his PC?

:)

CraigBobchin, Jan 18, 2019

2. Brother-in-law needs help!

My brother -in-law just updated to Windows 10, now he cannot get into his computer. He can't remember his user name or password. He has been using a fingerprint scanner for a couple of years now, and now with the upgrade, all of that info was erased.

I have not been able to find any help for him yet.

Thanks, if you can help.

everydayhacker, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Verikon Win User
    Computer lock ups...

I'm assuming the Linux install was on one of your hard drives and not a live CD? If so, I'd test whichever hard drive Windows is installed on. My brother had strange lock ups when his hard drive was failing. Worth a shot, and then you'll be able to rule another component off the suspect list.

Verikon, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Brother-in-law locked out of his computer

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Brother-in-law locked out of his computer

1. Brother-in-law locked out of his computer - Similar Threads - Brother law locked

2. 'Locked out' of computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    'Locked out' of computer.: So last night I was trying to disable some Microsoft background features bad idea @5am disabled too many.Login today and the pin is unavailable. Try and use that, wants to conect me with the store. NO go there.Reboot; Reset, Safe mode, Rollback, Repair are all locked behind a...
  3. Locked out of computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of computer: I want to use a older laptop of mine it says windows 10 on it however I might have had it upgraded to 11, I honestly don't remember. My problem is I cant get passed the lock screen. It says I entered wrong password. I know for a fact it was the right one but changed the...
  4. Locked out of computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of computer: Trying to update windows. Accidentally requested 4 digit verification code via text instead of email phone won't receive texts. Now I'm locked on the' enter your code page'. Help!...
  5. Locked out of computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of computer: Trying to update windows. Accidentally requested 4 digit verification code via text instead of email phone won't receive texts. Now I'm locked on the' enter your code page'. Help!...
  6. Locked out of Computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Locked out of Computer: I recently got an update on my computer. After it was installed and the computer turned back on I was asked to sign into my windows account. I can't access the Internet to do that because my Internet connection is saying 'No Internet, secured'. I only have the 'sign in'...
  7. Help logging out of my mother-in-law's computer!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help logging out of my mother-in-law's computer!: I visited my in-laws a few months ago and used my mother-in-law's computer. I logged into Edge to get my bookmarks, and now it thinks that my MS account belongs on her computer. I went to devices on my MS account and deleted her laptop 3 times, but it keeps coming back. Any...
  8. Locked out of computer

Locked out of computer: I am unable to sign into the start lock screen. Continuously states wrong password. The screen also shows that I am in airplane mode. I never use airplane mode so I'm unsure how that came to be. As a side not I am able to sign into Microsoft on my android phone with...
  9. Locked out of computer

Locked out of computer: My girlfriend has a HP laptop computer and someone called her and she gave the computers Ip number out and they changed the password to open the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-computer/e5889992-8aa1-48e4-ac04-ff8c421272a7
  10. Locked out of computer

Locked out of computer: I'm not a very mentally stable person. I dont need this stress in my life and I'm about ready to **** over this. I can't log into my computer because Microsoft decided I needed to change my password cuz of some account issue. I have made a new hotmail and managed to get...