Windows 10: Brother MFC-490CW quit printing in June 2020 after update. Help!

Discus and support Brother MFC-490CW quit printing in June 2020 after update. Help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried everything to "undo" the update that caused this problem, but those updates are no longer showing in my list. Is there anyone out there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaryConrad2, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Brother MFC-490CW quit printing in June 2020 after update. Help!

I have tried everything to "undo" the update that caused this problem, but those updates are no longer showing in my list. Is there anyone out there that can direct me to the "fix" for this..

If not, I'm going to have to contact Microsoft directly. I can't find an IT person in my town who can help me with this.

Thank you!

Mary Beth

:)

MaryConrad2, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Keenan8 Win User

Brother MFC-490CW printer not printing from PC

My Brother's Printer MFC-490CW still not printing. I called Brothers support and they recommended uninstalling KB4560960/KB4561608/KB4557957. Unfortunately it has pass the 10 days it was installed and I can't uninstall.

Please help soon, I need my printer working.

Keenan8, Sep 5, 2020
  3. AGSmith33 Win User

I just installed the Windows 10, 1909, x64 update. After a reboot, I am still unable to print to my Brother MFC-490cw.

For those of you who had success with this solution, did you do anything after the Windows update installed?

AGSmith33, Sep 5, 2020
  4. DProhaska Win User

Brother MFC-490CW quit printing in June 2020 after update. Help!

Thank you so much for posting the 2 updates. KB4567512 fixed the issues with my Brother MFC-490CW. After days of utter frustration I found these posts! I was ready to throw my printer out!

DProhaska, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Brother MFC-490CW quit printing in June 2020 after update. Help!

1. Brother MFC-490CW quit printing in June 2020 after update. Help! - Similar Threads - Brother MFC 490CW

2. Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem: I have a Brother MFC 490CW all-in-one using Windows 11. My unit is malfunctioning in the Scan to Email, Scan to OCR, Scan to Image functions. However, the Scan to File option is working.In comparing the Windows 10 versus Windows 11 software download offerings for this model...
  3. Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem: I have a Brother MFC 490CW all-in-one using Windows 11. My unit is malfunctioning in the Scan to Email, Scan to OCR, Scan to Image functions. However, the Scan to File option is working.In comparing the Windows 10 versus Windows 11 software download offerings for this model...
  4. brother mfc - j6920DW not printing portrait.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brother mfc - j6920DW not printing portrait.: I have a brother mfc - j6920DW refuses to print portrait. Quite literally ever setting has been changed to print portrait, on the printer, in the "printer preferences". Yet I still get landscape, like, I have been studying I.T. for a year, if I can solve it, then how could...
  5. Printing Issue after recent update on Brother MFC-490CW

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printing Issue after recent update on Brother MFC-490CW: Hi there, I have run the same system now for a number of years and print using a Brother MFC-490CW. Two months ago, a Windows update set to automatic caused the printer to completely stop printing and required an additional update to rectify the problem - the result being...
  6. Brother MFC-7420 Stops Printing

Brother MFC-7420 Stops Printing: After successfully installing my Brother MFC-7420 under Windows 10 (Version 1904.450) using the built-in Windows 10 driver, the printer stopped working. I tried reinstalling the printer under Add Remove Printers, but the same MFC-7420 gets installed, always with an...
  7. June 30, 2020 windows update now prevents me from printing using Brother MFC-490CW via WiFi

June 30, 2020 windows update now prevents me from printing using Brother MFC-490CW via WiFi: How can I restore my print capacity? When I print, the printer lights up but nothing happens. The Brother website states it is the June 30, 2020 update that's causing the problem. I tried to install a windows fix but its still not working....
  8. Brother Printer will not print after June/2020 update

Brother Printer will not print after June/2020 update: My printer stopped working earlier this month June/2020, I thought it was my Brother printer MFC J220 going bad so I tried to uninstall it, but it was nowhere to be found under devices. I finally researched and accomplished it but found out it was not my printer, it was a...
  9. Brother MFC-490CW printer not printing from PC

Brother MFC-490CW printer not printing from PC: We were on the phone with Brother Customer Service for over 2 hours and did all their recommended processes including reinstall the printer and drivers but we still cannot print. I can function selections like copying from the face of the printer but when I send a document...
  10. Brother MFC-240C won't print after Win 10 updates

Brother MFC-240C won't print after Win 10 updates: I have installed 3 Win 10 updates in the last two days KB4560960, KB4561600, KB4497165, and now my Brother MFC-240C printer will not print anything from my computer. When I try to print something, the job appears in the print queue for a fraction of a second, then...