Windows 10: Brother MFC-7420 Stops Printing

Discus and support Brother MFC-7420 Stops Printing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After successfully installing my Brother MFC-7420 under Windows 10 (Version 1904.450) using the built-in Windows 10 driver, the printer stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by abradaxis, Sep 8, 2020.

1. abradaxis Win User

Brother MFC-7420 Stops Printing

After successfully installing my Brother MFC-7420 under Windows 10 (Version 1904.450) using the built-in Windows 10 driver, the printer stopped working. I tried reinstalling the printer under Add Remove Printers, but the same MFC-7420 gets installed, always with an explanation point under Troubleshoot when the properties of the printer are displayed. I tried reinstalling the printer, but the same printer keeps popping up with the same warning. I tried unplugging it and also removing and reinstalling the device, but always with the same results. Finally, the printer started to work again, although I didn't do anything new. However, it often stops. I tried researching the problem, and there is a hint that Microsoft Update may be to blame, but I cannot find a particular KB to pin it on.

Any help greatly appreciated. I cannot bear the thought of buying a new printer for what is almost definitely a software glitch.

:)

abradaxis, Sep 8, 2020

2. Installation of an All in One Brother MFC-7420

How do I install, wireless, an All in One Brother MFC-7420 printer to a new HP Pavilion running Windows 10

MiguelA1935, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Issue with scanning pictures using Brrother mfc 7420

Original title: Brrother mfc 7420

Hello, my Brother MFC 7420 worked properly with the print&fax tool of win 10.

but now it scanned and want to save(import) the picture and with the error that i have no access.

I´m already register for admin.

I already tried to enable the write protection of the picture folder, but everytime it is writeprotected.

where is my prooblem can anyone help?

patrickxpo, Sep 8, 2020
  4. jacobacci Win User

Brother MFC J6720DW listed with strange icon in Devices and Printers

I have reinstalled the drivers for my Brother MFC J6720DW and now the printer icon is listed in the unspecified category instead of the printer category. The printer is the "Device" icon to the right.

Brother MFC-7420 Stops Printing [​IMG]

Right clicking on the icon shows the usual items for a printer (printing properties etc.), In addition it shows a "Browse Files" entry that lists the card reader of the printer.

To the left of the Brother printer icon there is another similar one that seems to be my USB card reader

jacobacci, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Brother MFC-7420 Stops Printing - Similar Threads - Brother MFC 7420

2. BROTHER MFC-J995DW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BROTHER MFC-J995DW: Why I can't get my Brother MFC-J995DW to connect to my laptop it was connected but it stopped working so I removed it now I am trying to reinstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-mfc-j995dw/2bff0a52-6ae0-413f-8720-5e033def6ec2
  3. brother mfc - j6920DW not printing portrait.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brother mfc - j6920DW not printing portrait.: I have a brother mfc - j6920DW refuses to print portrait. Quite literally ever setting has been changed to print portrait, on the printer, in the "printer preferences". Yet I still get landscape, like, I have been studying I.T. for a year, if I can solve it, then how could...
  4. Brother MFC-7420 printer issues

Brother MFC-7420 printer issues: We recently got a Brother MFC-7420 printer second hand. It works well, except that if the print density is set to 1200 DPI, which is apparently the default, it prints four times as large as it's supposed to, and only prints the upper left quadrant of the page. If it's set to...
  5. MFC-5890CN Brother printer stops printing after Windows update

MFC-5890CN Brother printer stops printing after Windows update: My MFC-5890CN Brother printer stops printing after update in March 2021. This has happened before. You will think Microsoft guys would have taken this onboard. Any suggestion on what to do?...
  6. Documents are printing sideways on Brother MFC-5572-DW

Documents are printing sideways on Brother MFC-5572-DW: We have two network printers. An Epson and a Brother. All documents are printing perfect on the Epson printer but they print sideways on the Brother Printer. I have uninstalled and installed the Brother Printer, have checked every setting on it as well to make sure I have the...
  7. BROTHER MFC 5460CN

BROTHER MFC 5460CN: I have an MFC 5460CN hook up to a network and it will not scan or fax I have to hook it up to USB, there is no driver for this MFC on downland, I would like to know why Windows 10 didn't support this or have a download for it....
  8. Brother MFC 290C printer stopped printing after Windows 10 Update

Brother MFC 290C printer stopped printing after Windows 10 Update: Brother MFC 290C printer stopped printing after Windows 10 Update. This is soooo frustrating. Removed and reinstalled all Brother files TWICE already with no fix. Ran all kinds of troubleshooting programs which did not find anything wrong. Updated drivers. Checked cables....
  9. brothers MFC-J415W printer won't print

brothers MFC-J415W printer won't print: My Brothers MFC-J415W says that it's printing my test page/document but then it disappears from the Que with nothing printed. My husband can print remotely from his computer. My laptop printed fine a week ago!...
  10. Brother MFC-490CW printer not printing from PC

Brother MFC-490CW printer not printing from PC: We were on the phone with Brother Customer Service for over 2 hours and did all their recommended processes including reinstall the printer and drivers but we still cannot print. I can function selections like copying from the face of the printer but when I send a document...