Windows 10: Brother MFC 7820N Printer Scanner no longer works in Windows 10

Discus and support Brother MFC 7820N Printer Scanner no longer works in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thank You Microsoft, You once again made my life hell by altering your operating system so that it no longer supports my printer/scanners drivers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CraigLunt, Oct 31, 2018.

1. CraigLunt Win User

Brother MFC 7820N Printer Scanner no longer works in Windows 10

Thank You Microsoft,

You once again made my life hell by altering your operating system so that it no longer supports my printer/scanners drivers. And there is apparently NO workaround. So now I can print to it - but not scan documents. Thanks. And after spending hours and hours trying to figure out why it no longer functions ( because god knows your support sucks) - I discover that you "upgraded" your P.O.S. OS in April with one of your continual mandatory **** upgrades and that removed the scanning functionality. Your only compromise was a Generic "Legacy" driver for print function only - whats wrong? Can't find a programmer that can code drivers anymore?

You are a complete waste of time - and I will be very happy to move to a MAC OS.

Thanks again for wasting more hours of my life.

:)

CraigLunt, Oct 31, 2018
  2. GB-99 Win User

Brother MFC-7820N Prints But No Scanner

After HOURS on the phone with Brother, they then insisted that is was NOT POSSIBLE to use the MFC-7820N scanner over our network using Windows 10. Printing was fine. But no scanner. So we downloaded the Windows 7 (64) Full Driver & Software Package (01/06/2011
    - A2) from Brother Solutions Center and we are now able to use Paperport over the network - no problems, fully functional with Windows 10 OS.

GB-99, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Brother MFC-7820N Prints But No Scanner

Migrated from Windows XP to Windows 10, and printer works fine but scanner function and PC no longer communicate over the network. Doesn't matter if starting from scanner or computer. Reloaded drivers and had computer search for new devices without effect.
    Suggestion of the next step appreciated.

BeverlyRedd, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Brother MFC 7820N Printer Scanner no longer works in Windows 10

Brother MFC-7820N Prints But No Scanner

I have tried loading the generic Brother printer driver and the one specific for the MFC-7820, but no recognition of the scanner. If you implement scanning from the scanner it creates the same error sequence on the computer as if you started from the
    computer using the Brother Control Center program (first message has code TW006, second CC3-205-03031f04).

BeverlyRedd, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Brother MFC 7820N Printer Scanner no longer works in Windows 10

1. Brother MFC 7820N Printer Scanner no longer works in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Brother MFC 7820N

2. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...
  3. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...
  4. Scanner on Brother MFC-465CN refuses to run - printer works fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner on Brother MFC-465CN refuses to run - printer works fine.: Trying to get the scanner on my Brother MFC-465CN to run, but having no luck at all.Have tried all solutions listed on this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-issues-using-brother-mfc-465cn/f0805643-ee0b-4974-a900-8e4474b259d7 - but cannot...
  5. Scanner on Brother MFC-465CN refuses to run - printer works fine.

Scanner on Brother MFC-465CN refuses to run - printer works fine.: Trying to get the scanner on my Brother MFC-465CN to run, but having no luck at all.Have tried all solutions listed on this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-issues-using-brother-mfc-465cn/f0805643-ee0b-4974-a900-8e4474b259d7 - but cannot...
  6. Scanner on Brother MFC-465CN refuses to run - printer works fine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working: I am running windows 10 and have a Brother MFC L6800 printer/scanner. I have scanned many things on this computer last week. Today it says connect a scanner to get started. I'm using the windows scan app from the Microsoft store. In my settings it says it is connected for...
  8. Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working: I am running windows 10 and have a Brother MFC L6800 printer/scanner. I have scanned many things on this computer last week. Today it says connect a scanner to get started. I'm using the windows scan app from the Microsoft store. In my settings it says it is connected for...
  9. Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working

10. Brother Printer MFC-J220

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother Printer MFC-J220: Brother Printer MFC-J220 still not working and now am getting messages that there's an error in Windows. I was following on from another Brother printer help. Why can't Microsoft send the update to correct this problem. In a way I'm glad I'm not on my own but come on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mfc-7820n windows 10

2. can print but not scan via usb brother mfc 7820N

3. scan 7820n windows 10

4. brother email scanner no longer works in win 10