Discus and support Brother MFC J825DW Printer is Offline in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dangit, Microsoft has messed up my printers once again! My Brother MFC J825DW (Inkjet) printer won't print because Windows has set it to offline!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wynona, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Dangit, Microsoft has messed up my printers once again!

My Brother MFC J825DW (Inkjet) printer won't print because Windows has set it to offline!

My Brother MFC 7460DN (Laser) printer just trucks right along.

Anybody know how I can get my Inkjet Brother back online?

:)

Wynona, Nov 20, 2015

2. Printer that works with windows 10

I have a Brother printer, MFC-J825DW and both my computers, desktop and laptop, have Windows 10 and print to it without any problems.

cat0w

USA

HoraceWiggins, Nov 20, 2015
  3. RJ98_525 Win User
    Free Upgrade Win 10 completed NO WinWord2010 and Printer

Upgraded Win 10 and now it doesn't recognize my Brother MFC-J825DW even though it is listed in Printers. Also MS2010 Word does not load it just keeps spinning.

RJ98_525, Nov 20, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Turn it off and turn it back on?

simrick, Nov 20, 2015
  5. Wynona Win User
    Did that several times. *Sad

It will print now with the USB cable connected even though I set it up as wireless, but it won't print wireless. *Sad

Wynona, Nov 21, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Try deleting it from Devices and Printers, then reinstall it.

simrick, Nov 21, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    Already done that about five times . . . seriously. I've tried it in both Build 10586 and the November Update.

Wynona, Nov 21, 2015
  8. simrick Win User

Well that is strange. Is the printer on the same network? Sometimes mine jumps to my AP, and then I have those problems.

simrick, Nov 21, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    I only have one network . . . at least I think so.

The sad fact is that Windows 10 had screwed things up again! There are a whole lot of printer complaints on Feedback.

Wynona, Nov 21, 2015
  10. Wynona Win User
    Why was this moved to Drivers and hardware? This printer has not given any problems except under Windows Insider Build 10586, so should have stayed in the Windows Insider Forum.

Wynona, Nov 21, 2015
  11. Wynona Win User
    @simrick

I just went into Device Manager to (hopefully) update the drivers and my MFC J825DW isn't even listed! Sheesh!

Plugging in the USB cable to see if that works . . .

Yep, it shows up with the USB cable plugged in. Sigh . . .

Wynona, Nov 21, 2015
  12. simrick Win User
    Oh my!

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Brother MFC J825DW Printer is Offline - Similar Threads - Brother MFC J825DW

2. Brother Printer MFC-J220

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother Printer MFC-J220: Brother Printer MFC-J220 still not working and now am getting messages that there's an error in Windows. I was following on from another Brother printer help. Why can't Microsoft send the update to correct this problem. In a way I'm glad I'm not on my own but come on...
  3. Brother Printer MFC-5890 CN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer MFC-5890 CN: The print queue shows the document for several seconds then it does not print. The queue quickly deletes the document similar to as if it had printed. Downloaded new driver. Power cycled unit. Still same problem. Recently used some EZink refilled ink cartridges for the first...
  4. Brother MFC-465CN Printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother MFC-465CN Printer: Hi there, since 2 days ago when Microsoft 365 was updated, I can no longer print but I can still scan. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-mfc-465cn-printer/c38e4789-4843-4cac-9aae-42560fce4134
  5. Brothers MFC-885CW printer

Brothers MFC-885CW printer: I try reconnecting to WIFI with no luck. I tried all trouble shooting methods, to no avail. When I do port configuration it gives me a message that an error occurred during port configuration. Any help would be much appreciated....
  6. MFC-J825DW Printer on WIN 10x64 is always showing offline, it is the default printer, how...

MFC-J825DW Printer on WIN 10x64 is always showing offline, it is the default printer, how...: This is a recurring problem since upgrading to WIN 10x64. I can find no place in the printer config page to change this. I also cannot access the printer through my cable gateway although the gateway to printer connection is fine. I'm tempted to buy another printer but...
  7. Brother printer MFC-J6730DW

Brother printer MFC-J6730DW: Loading A3 paper into front of machine tray 2 in portrait position. Detailing landscape print on full page but will only print landscape across A3 page. Have tried to rotate image before print but no change. Please help....
  8. brother mfc-j470dw printer goes offline

brother mfc-j470dw printer goes offline: my brother mfc-j470dw works fine from IOS devices I own, but recurrently goes to "offline" status and will not print. any idea why. this has happened a lot with windows 10, but may have started before that. I can fix it by removing and reloaoding but that is a pain in the...
  9. Printer installation Brother mfc-L5900

Printer installation Brother mfc-L5900: Hello, I have two older computers and an older Brother MFC printer. I purchased a new Brother MFC-L5900 and tried to install the software, however, it was not compatible with Window 7. So I then install Windows 10 to both computers. I also went to the Brother website and...
  10. Brother MFC-J825DW Printer Drivers Gone

Brother MFC-J825DW Printer Drivers Gone: I have a Brother MFC-J825DW Printer that was working fine as a network printer; however, when Windows updated to Build 10061, the printer no longer worked. I went to Brother and downloaded the full driver package and tried to install the printer to my network. There were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mfc-j285dw offline

3. brother j875dw usb printer offline

4. mfc j825DW offline,
  5. brother mfc j895dw printer offline,
  6. what is the upgrade to the brother mfc-j825dw printer,
  7. brother printer mfc j825dw offline,
  8. MY BROTHER J825DW IS NOT COPING WHAT IS THE PROBLEM,
  9. does windws 10 suport brother printer mfc-j825dw,
  10. upgraded windstream modem and brothers mfc j825dw printer wont work