Windows 10: Brother MFC-L3770 "printer driver unavailable"

Discus and support Brother MFC-L3770 "printer driver unavailable" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My Brother L3770 has not been working for a week, after it was previously working fine. The printer itself is not the issue, as printing from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tkratz76, Jan 9, 2021.

1. tkratz76 Win User

Brother MFC-L3770 "printer driver unavailable"

Hi,

My Brother L3770 has not been working for a week, after it was previously working fine.
    The printer itself is not the issue, as printing from other PCs and laptops is ok, but my main Windows 10 PC doe not allow printing.

I have uninstalled and re-installed all Brother driver and software a number of times, but the issue remains the same.

It appears that there is no printer driver anymore for this model that is recognized by Windows10, although this is a standard printer.

I spoke to Brother who probably correctly claim that the printer is fine and they also checked the driver + software on their website. I also got to chat with the MSFT Windows support team, who could not figure it out either. We ended up doing a Windows 10 re-install, but the issue is still the same.

I have read that people have had similar issues after Windows updates in the past. So I went into updates and uninstall recent ones that could still be removed, but those were probably installed already after the printing issue came up. In any event, it did not resolve the issue.

Any ideas as to what I can do?

Tx.

:)

tkratz76, Jan 9, 2021
  2. jacobacci Win User

Brother MFC J6720DW listed with strange icon in Devices and Printers

I have reinstalled the drivers for my Brother MFC J6720DW and now the printer icon is listed in the unspecified category instead of the printer category. The printer is the "Device" icon to the right.

Brother MFC-L3770 "printer driver unavailable" [​IMG]

Right clicking on the icon shows the usual items for a printer (printing properties etc.), In addition it shows a "Browse Files" entry that lists the card reader of the printer.

To the left of the Brother printer icon there is another similar one that seems to be my USB card reader

jacobacci, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Arence Win User
    Brother MFC-465CN Printer

I got the same problem with my Brother MFC-465CN driver, when window 10 updated this June 2020 the printer stop working, I tried to refresh the drivers but it does not want to load, I tried the certificate in the windows update but its only available for
    Brother MFC-4650 for some reason MFC 465CN is not on the list. I found a way to re-install the original driver. My computer were pre-installed with Windows Vista originally so I did choose the vista driver update from Brother website and everything went back
    to normal, it saves me money in buying a new printer. You have to uninstall any brother driver you have on your computer if you upgraded to windows 10 but you will be ask to remove it before installation begin.

NOTE: You have to choose the operating system originally installed in your computer for the MFC-465CN.

Goodluck!

Arence, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Wynona Win User

Dangit, Microsoft has messed up my printers once again!

My Brother MFC J825DW (Inkjet) printer won't print because Windows has set it to offline!

My Brother MFC 7460DN (Laser) printer just trucks right along.

Anybody know how I can get my Inkjet Brother back online?

Wynona, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Brother MFC-L3770 "printer driver unavailable" - Similar Threads - Brother MFC L3770

2. Driver unavailable for printer Brother MFC-235C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver unavailable for printer Brother MFC-235C: Hello i need help with this printer-Brother MFC-235C. Windows 10 /64 bit/ dont recognize it at all USB Composite Device/Driver unavailable On manifacturer site there is not a driver to download Built-in driver- The built-in driver is already included with Windows® Operating...
  3. Driver unavailable for printer Brother MFC-235C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver unavailable for printer Brother MFC-235C: Hello i need help with this printer-Brother MFC-235C. Windows 10 /64 bit/ dont recognize it at all USB Composite Device/Driver unavailable On manifacturer site there is not a driver to download Built-in driver- The built-in driver is already included with Windows® Operating...
  4. Driver unavailable for printer Brother MFC-235C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Driver unavailable forprinter Brother MFC-235C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver unavailable forprinter Brother MFC-235C: Hello i need halp with this printer Brother MFC-235C. Windows 10 64 bit dont recognize it at all USB Composite Device/Driver unavailable On manifacture site there is not a driver to download Built-in driver- The built-in driver is already included with Windows® Operating...
  6. Driver unavailable forprinter Brother MFC-235C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver unavailable forprinter Brother MFC-235C: Hello i need halp with this printer Brother MFC-235C. Windows 10 64 bit dont recognize it at all USB Composite Device/Driver unavailable On manifacture site there is not a driver to download Built-in driver- The built-in driver is already included with Windows® Operating...
  7. Driver unavailable forprinter Brother MFC-235C

8. Brother Printer MFC-J220

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother Printer MFC-J220: Brother Printer MFC-J220 still not working and now am getting messages that there's an error in Windows. I was following on from another Brother printer help. Why can't Microsoft send the update to correct this problem. In a way I'm glad I'm not on my own but come on...
  9. Brother MFC-465CN Printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother MFC-465CN Printer: Hi there, since 2 days ago when Microsoft 365 was updated, I can no longer print but I can still scan. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-mfc-465cn-printer/c38e4789-4843-4cac-9aae-42560fce4134
  10. Brother MFC-J825DW Printer Drivers Gone

Brother MFC-J825DW Printer Drivers Gone: I have a Brother MFC-J825DW Printer that was working fine as a network printer; however, when Windows updated to Build 10061, the printer no longer worked. I went to Brother and downloaded the full driver package and tried to install the printer to my network. There were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot