Windows 10: Brother Printer cannot scan documents to my PC

Discus and support Brother Printer cannot scan documents to my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have attempted scanning a document from my Brother MCF-L3745COW printer to my HP Pc but the printer says I need to change my firewall settings to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JonRobinson3, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Brother Printer cannot scan documents to my PC

I have attempted scanning a document from my Brother MCF-L3745COW printer to my HP Pc but the printer says I need to change my firewall settings to allow the printer and PC to communicate. Does anyone know how to do this please? I have windows 10 on my PC

:)

JonRobinson3, Mar 17, 2020

2. scan a document from printer in windows 10. HOW?

Brother printer icon shown. Turned on,document placed. on glass.

No scan option listed on printer. CLICKED

START SCAN in printer icon window (on my pc)/checked preview box/no options found (e.g. pdf)/ typed doc. name/then clicked SCAN.

*NO RESULT. WHAT AM I MISSING? (assuming I can scan from my printer) Regards,

DouglasWrightNB, Mar 17, 2020
  3. How do I scan to PDF document?

All my scans are creating a jpg. I need pdf documents. How do I scan on my Brother printer thus making the document scanned a PDF without an extra step?

MARYMEULLEN, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Brother Printer cannot scan documents to my PC

Scan documents/pic dissapear

Hi Giridhar:

Thanks for your such a prompt reply.

(1) Answering your question on how I was doing the scan?. I thought I was using Brother Printer software and not Windows built-in scan app. However my request for help with Brother Printer reads: " Because you are using Windows 10 built in drivers we would
    suggest powering off your machine disconnecting your USB cable, then powering your machine back on and connecting your USB cable. This should re-install your scanner drivers". did this.

(2) I had not heard from Bother Printer before I followed your suggestion to uninstall and install the software.

However this is where the "scans" are "hiding":

After doing steps (1) and (2) I was still looking for the output of my recent "scan" attempts as a few days earlier I did scan and found the "scan" saved in Pictures or in Documents. In my Document or Picture list there is no "scan" heading.
    Somehow I felt the "scan" could not just get lost.

In File Explorer I noticed the "search" possibility. Here I typed "scan" for the search. Immediately there popped up a list of "scan" activity ( goes back some years) with "scan modification and date" heading.
    On 10/17/2015 there was a modification, and under this were the
    missing scans, saved under
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC icon with a number (no title, after I did scans in Win 7 there was an option to type in a Title.

I do not remember downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
    on 10/17/2015.
    If something popped from Adobe I could have clicked on it.

surjitsinghUC, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Brother Printer cannot scan documents to my PC

1. Brother Printer cannot scan documents to my PC - Similar Threads - Brother Printer cannot

2. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  3. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  4. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer: I can load my Brother printer software but it will not actually install, why?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/29dde689-b09c-4cbe-bfb4-acf6c49ac5d1
  5. Brother printer

Brother printer: when i send a print it comes out as A5 but all the settings appear to be A4. when i send it from another device the print is correct in A4. There must be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed, but i can't find it....
  6. Trying to scan a document to my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to scan a document to my PC: When I try to scan a document to my PC I can't save it because ONE DRIVE doesn't recognize the file. I've turned One Drive off and get the same results. My old PC had no problems in saving a scanned document....
  7. Brother Printer

Brother Printer: I cannot get my printer to print anything from my laptop. The internet is unstable, so I have it cabled connected. It copies and work wireless to pint PDFs only. I've removed it and added the device again; still no luck. ugh...
  8. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  9. Windows FAx and Scan not finding printer to scan document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows FAx and Scan not finding printer to scan document: Windows FAx and Scan - was working fine, but now doesn't show the same printer/scanner. There was another printer but it is no longer connected, This is the printer that the Fax and Scan program is looking for. It worked earlier today and now doesn't. I can still print to it...
  10. Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer

Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer: I need to scan some papers... [for a refund of $ 350,-... which I urgently need] ... but my printer doesn't scan. I try to install Brother driver software (W10 compatible) but the install program says the USB cable is not plugged in [which is incorrect] , in other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brother printer/scanner says connecting to pc but does not scan