Windows 10: Brother printer displays as offline, while other non windows devices can access it

Discus and support Brother printer displays as offline, while other non windows devices can access it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As above, I have had some access in the past but now I can no longer send anything to the Brother Printer MFC 2740DW. Printer shows as offline on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Guy Frigon, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Brother printer displays as offline, while other non windows devices can access it

As above, I have had some access in the past but now I can no longer send anything to the Brother Printer MFC 2740DW.

Printer shows as offline on Windows, but is online to other devices. Brother techs say I need to connect with a 2.4G.

I have a Luma nest system that broadcasts in both. In the past when I lost access I could just unplug the printer and it would reset as online.

:)

Guy Frigon, Jan 31, 2020

2. How To Fix Brother Printer Offline?

I have done some steps to follow for Brother printer offline

1. Go to the “start” menu of the printer, select “control panel” and then click on the “printers and faxes” option. A new window will appear that will show a list of printers currently connected with or installed on your system.
    2. Next up, double click on any of the printers that you want to be reconnected and back online. Another wind****nt” commands sent to this printer and all the printing tasks currently scheduled on this device.
    3. Now go to the menu window and click on the “printer” icon. After that, click on the “user printer offline.” This should reconnect the printer to your system and its status should effectively change from “offline” to “online.”
    4. This is one simple and effective way to deal with an offline printer. There are other ways as well. If you have a problem with Br**** depend on the kind of problem it is. For instance, there is a possibility that the above-mentioned approach may not
      be enough to get your br****v>

MichaelWilliam1, Jan 31, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Brother printer displays as offline, while other non windows devices can access it [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Wynona Win User

Brother printer displays as offline, while other non windows devices can access it

Dangit, Microsoft has messed up my printers once again!

My Brother MFC J825DW (Inkjet) printer won't print because Windows has set it to offline!

My Brother MFC 7460DN (Laser) printer just trucks right along.

Anybody know how I can get my Inkjet Brother back online?

Wynona, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Brother printer displays as offline, while other non windows devices can access it

1. Brother printer displays as offline, while other non windows devices can access it - Similar Threads - Brother printer displays

2. Best Way To Solve Brother Printer Offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Way To Solve Brother Printer Offline: If your Brother printer is showing as offline +1-888-966-6097, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve the issue. Here are some common solutions:Check Physical Connections:Ensure that all cables connecting the printer to your computer or network are...
  3. Best Way To Solve Brother Printer Offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Way To Solve Brother Printer Offline: If your Brother printer is showing as offline +1-888-966-6097, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve the issue. Here are some common solutions:Check Physical Connections:Ensure that all cables connecting the printer to your computer or network are...
  4. Best Way To Solve Brother Printer Offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Brother Printer Non-Functional in Windows 10

Brother Printer Non-Functional in Windows 10: I am working with a client who has a Brother MFC-5890CN, I'm migrating him from Windows XP to Windows 10. His printer works perfectly on his XP machine but so far I can't get it to work at all under 10. Explorer.exe throws an error picture below when I attempt to open its...
  6. brother MFC260c printer offline

brother MFC260c printer offline: why does win 10 say my printer is offline when the printer is turned on and connected,it used to work fine up to 5 days ago before I installed the latest update . thought win 10 was supposed to be the best os , never had problems with updates on win 7 or printers going...
  7. How To Fix Brother Printer Offline?

How To Fix Brother Printer Offline?: I have bought a new brother printer & got a brother printer offline error. Please help me out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-brother-printer-offline/38c3547b-f86e-48f9-a349-055f8c952370
  8. brother mfc-j470dw printer goes offline

brother mfc-j470dw printer goes offline: my brother mfc-j470dw works fine from IOS devices I own, but recurrently goes to "offline" status and will not print. any idea why. this has happened a lot with windows 10, but may have started before that. I can fix it by removing and reloaoding but that is a pain in the...
  9. Brother wireless printer HL-L2370DW offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother wireless printer HL-L2370DW offline: Won't print docs on print q...installed new modem, and printer will not work now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/brother-wireless-printer-hl-l2370dw-offline/c87479b5-1f59-4be9-8cc4-7c1f7b4f8090

Brother MFC J825DW Printer is Offline: Dangit, Microsoft has messed up my printers once again! My Brother MFC J825DW (Inkjet) printer won't print because Windows has set it to offline! My Brother MFC 7460DN (Laser) printer just trucks right along. Anybody know how I can get my Inkjet Brother back...