Windows 10: Brother Printer Drivers

Discus and support Brother Printer Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgradewd my Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. Will my Brothger HL2240 work with Windows 10? Do I need new drivers?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DoloresSmith2, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Brother Printer Drivers

I upgradewd my Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. Will my Brothger HL2240 work with Windows 10? Do I need new drivers?

:)

DoloresSmith2, Jul 7, 2020

2. 'Brother' Printer Driver needed

I suggest that you find a printer that is compatible with XP.

I gave you the Brother information to explain that it won't work with XP.

I thought this explained it:

I gave you that link to show you why you can't install that printer on XP.

And that had to do with what I posted earlier:

Microsoft does not supply the XP Driver for a new Brother Printer.

Brother supplies the Drivers for their products.

Bill Smithers, Jul 7, 2020
  3. 'Brother' Printer Driver needed

Dear Bill, thanks for your response. I have already been to the URL you gave. Brother suggested I contact Microsoft for the answer.

Is there anything like a universal driver for XP and Brothers Printers?

I never had this problem with the Samsung printers I have. But one of them recently failed so I had to purchase a new printer. JC

JamesCoppens, Jul 7, 2020
  4. jacobacci Win User

Brother Printer Drivers

Brother MFC J6720DW listed with strange icon in Devices and Printers

I have reinstalled the drivers for my Brother MFC J6720DW and now the printer icon is listed in the unspecified category instead of the printer category. The printer is the "Device" icon to the right.

Brother Printer Drivers [​IMG]

Right clicking on the icon shows the usual items for a printer (printing properties etc.), In addition it shows a "Browse Files" entry that lists the card reader of the printer.

To the left of the Brother printer icon there is another similar one that seems to be my USB card reader

jacobacci, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Brother Printer Drivers

1. Brother Printer Drivers - Similar Threads - Brother Printer Drivers

2. Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW: Following a catastrophic failure of my hard drive I replaced it and did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Acer laptop. I'm not a novice at this sort of thing and everything went smoothly but for one thing, the Microsoft driver for the Brother DCP-J4120DW printer didn't work...
  3. Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW: Following a catastrophic failure of my hard drive I replaced it and did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Acer laptop. I'm not a novice at this sort of thing and everything went smoothly but for one thing, the Microsoft driver for the Brother DCP-J4120DW printer didn't work...
  4. Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  6. Brother printer

Brother printer: I can load my Brother printer software but it will not actually install, why?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/29dde689-b09c-4cbe-bfb4-acf6c49ac5d1
  7. Brother printer

Brother printer: when i send a print it comes out as A5 but all the settings appear to be A4. when i send it from another device the print is correct in A4. There must be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed, but i can't find it....
  8. Brother Printer

Brother Printer: I cannot get my printer to print anything from my laptop. The internet is unstable, so I have it cabled connected. It copies and work wireless to pint PDFs only. I've removed it and added the device again; still no luck. ugh...
  9. Brother printer, Generic printer driver, Windows 10?

Brother printer, Generic printer driver, Windows 10?: I have an old Brother printer - an HL 5070-N and I recently bought a new computer. In trying to install the printer, I see that my model is missing from the very long list of Brother products provided by the 'Windows Update' during the installation process. I searched the...
  10. Brother Printer Driver Question

Brother Printer Driver Question: Hi I was wondering if the driver I have listed on my PC for a Brother HL-L5200DW printer is the most up to date, mine lists it as 2006? My system info lists it as: Device SWD\PRINTENUM\{9A8D3A7F-3DCB-4D83-AA57-9C0C21161130} was configured. Driver Name: printqueue.inf...