Windows 10: Brother printer failure after June Microsoft updates.

Discus and support Brother printer failure after June Microsoft updates. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After June updates my Brother printer does not work. It is reported that this is a common problem. I believe Microsoft is working to solve this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ollybean47, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Brother printer failure after June Microsoft updates.

After June updates my Brother printer does not work.

It is reported that this is a common problem.

I believe Microsoft is working to solve this.

An initial update to solve it did not work.

Is there another update available ?

:)

Ollybean47, Jun 29, 2020
  2. HamMam Win User

W10 update killed my Brother printer

June 13, 2020

W10 version 10.0.18362

A recent W10 update (the actual update number isn't available) knocked out my trusty Brother HL 4070cdw printer.

All W10 debug attempts, Brother printer settings, wifi and router settings to determine the trouble reported OK e.g. installed, working, ready etc. But my printer wouldn't 'budge'. After hours and hours of frustration and getting nowhere, I resorted to removing the latest W10 update (I can't see the actual update number because I removed the update!). As of June 13, 2020, it was the latest update.

Wala. my printer is back.

I hope this might save others of hours and hours of fruitless debug time.

Microsoft .... shame shame on you !!!!!

HamMam, Jun 29, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Brother printer failure after June Microsoft updates. [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Jan123 Win User

Brother printer failure after June Microsoft updates.

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Brother printer failure after June Microsoft updates.

1. Brother printer failure after June Microsoft updates. - Similar Threads - Brother printer failure

2. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  3. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer: I can load my Brother printer software but it will not actually install, why?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/29dde689-b09c-4cbe-bfb4-acf6c49ac5d1
  4. Brother printer

Brother printer: when i send a print it comes out as A5 but all the settings appear to be A4. when i send it from another device the print is correct in A4. There must be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed, but i can't find it....
  5. Brother Printer

Brother Printer: I cannot get my printer to print anything from my laptop. The internet is unstable, so I have it cabled connected. It copies and work wireless to pint PDFs only. I've removed it and added the device again; still no luck. ugh...
  6. Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update

Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update: After on of the Microsoft Updates I cannot print to either of my two Brother printers. The file goes to the printer queue and then disappears without printing. I have a HP printer and that works fine. Is there a patch or fix? Need ASAP....
  7. Brother printer not working following June 9, 2020 Windows update. Is there a patch...

Brother printer not working following June 9, 2020 Windows update. Is there a patch...: I need to get my Brother printer working following the June 9, 2020 Windows 10 update. Is there an easy remedy available? Is the promised patch ready for installation to overcome this?...
  8. Brother printer problem after Windows 10 update

Brother printer problem after Windows 10 update: When I do a Print instruction, the file will not go to the print queue on my Brother MFC-465CN printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-problem-after-windows-10-update/e1a0bcdd-f051-4853-aa41-55d294643857
  9. Brother Printer will not print after June/2020 update

Brother Printer will not print after June/2020 update: My printer stopped working earlier this month June/2020, I thought it was my Brother printer MFC J220 going bad so I tried to uninstall it, but it was nowhere to be found under devices. I finally researched and accomplished it but found out it was not my printer, it was a...
  10. USB Printer offline after June update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Printer offline after June update: USB Brother MFC-235c disappeared after June update. Printer offline. Printer not visible under settings printers & devices Printer visible under device manager. Tried uninstalling update, restart, removed printer, restart, install printer restart, and all the other...