Windows 10: Brother printer, Generic printer driver, Windows 10?

Discus and support Brother printer, Generic printer driver, Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old Brother printer - an HL 5070-N and I recently bought a new computer. In trying to install the printer, I see that my model is missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JesseCap, Feb 23, 2020.

1. JesseCap Win User

Brother printer, Generic printer driver, Windows 10?

I have an old Brother printer - an HL 5070-N and I recently bought a new computer. In trying to install the printer, I see that my model is missing from the very long list of Brother products provided by the 'Windows Update' during the installation process. I searched the Brother site and they are adamant that Microsoft provides a generic printer driver which will operate this machine, and I looked on my old machine which was also Windows 10 to see what driver was used - it is a Microsoft product called "printqueue.inf" version 10.0.17763.1 but this product isn't listed with any of the other drivers that I can see during the installation process. There doesn't seem to be a way to search for a specific driver by name - does anybody know the best way to get this thing running?

:)

JesseCap, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Ivanmow Win User
    Brother HL-5280DW printer driver missing from windows 10

what driver do I use as a substitute for Brother HL-5280DW printer, in windows list of brother printer drivers?

Ivanmow, Feb 23, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Brother MFC-J825DW Printer Drivers Gone

I did a fresh install build 10061 so I need to Add this Printer (Brother HL-4040CN) wired to the Router. However, the Printer did not appear on the list. And here's what I did to get it working:
    1. In the router->LAN Settings: assign a static IP for the printer (in my case: 192.168.1.9)
    2. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    3. Since the Printer was not regconized by this build. Click on "My Printer is not on the list"
    4. Select TCP/IP and type 192.168.1.9
    5. A windows will popup with a list of Printer Drivers. If your Printe is not on the lis, click on "Windows Updates" to get a complete list of printer drivers
    6. Select my Printer (HL-4040CN).
    7. Done

Since you want to setup as a Wireless printer. You could do the same as I did ie. connect the printer to the router then assign a static IP for your Printer then disconnect the cable. It should not matter whether it's wired or wireless as long as it is on the network and is assigned with a fixed IP.

topgundcp, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Brother printer, Generic printer driver, Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Brother printer Generic

2. Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.: I tried to install HP printer and kept getting "no driver available". After HP Support worked on it for 5 hours and gave up. I sent the printer back to Amazon. I then purchased a Brothers printer and "print driver not available" again. Has anyone had this problem as well?...
  3. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  4. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  5. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer: I can load my Brother printer software but it will not actually install, why?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/29dde689-b09c-4cbe-bfb4-acf6c49ac5d1
  6. Brother printer

Brother printer: when i send a print it comes out as A5 but all the settings appear to be A4. when i send it from another device the print is correct in A4. There must be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed, but i can't find it....
  7. Brother Printer

Brother Printer: I cannot get my printer to print anything from my laptop. The internet is unstable, so I have it cabled connected. It copies and work wireless to pint PDFs only. I've removed it and added the device again; still no luck. ugh...
  8. Brother Printer Drivers

Brother Printer Drivers: I upgradewd my Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. Will my Brothger HL2240 work with Windows 10? Do I need new drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-drivers/b3d579c3-2686-4c54-8476-abf0e930e113
  9. Installing Generic drivers for Brother HL 5070-N printer

Installing Generic drivers for Brother HL 5070-N printer: I have an old Brother printer - an HL 5070-N and I recently bought a new computer. In trying to install the printer, I see that my model is missing from the very long list of Brother products provided by the 'Windows Update' during the installation process. I searched the...
  10. Brother Printer Driver Question

Brother Printer Driver Question: Hi I was wondering if the driver I have listed on my PC for a Brother HL-L5200DW printer is the most up to date, mine lists it as 2006? My system info lists it as: Device SWD\PRINTENUM\{9A8D3A7F-3DCB-4D83-AA57-9C0C21161130} was configured. Driver Name: printqueue.inf...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i use a win10 generic driver for brother HL-L2305