Windows 10: Brother Printer Install Failing

Discus and support Brother Printer Install Failing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good Morning Friends! :) I am trying to install a Brother 6200 on my Win 10 laptop, and getting a failure that I'm not sure how to resolve. I run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jtphenom, Jan 25, 2020.

1. jtphenom Win User

Brother Printer Install Failing

Good Morning Friends! Brother Printer Install Failing :)

I am trying to install a Brother 6200 on my Win 10 laptop, and getting a failure that I'm not sure how to resolve. I run the installer and then it quickly says "File or directory corrupted and unreadable." Which directory is it probably looking at and how can I fix this? I've run chkdsk /f but it doesn't appear to have fixed anything.

If I posted this in the wrong forum, my bad. Thanks for any help you can provide!

:)

jtphenom, Jan 25, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Brother Printer Install Failing [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 25, 2020
  3. jacobacci Win User
    Brother MFC J6720DW listed with strange icon in Devices and Printers

I have reinstalled the drivers for my Brother MFC J6720DW and now the printer icon is listed in the unspecified category instead of the printer category. The printer is the "Device" icon to the right.

Right clicking on the icon shows the usual items for a printer (printing properties etc.), In addition it shows a "Browse Files" entry that lists the card reader of the printer.

To the left of the Brother printer icon there is another similar one that seems to be my USB card reader

jacobacci, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Brother Printer Install Failing

'Brother' Printer Driver needed

Dear Bill, thanks for your response. I have already been to the URL you gave. Brother suggested I contact Microsoft for the answer.

Is there anything like a universal driver for XP and Brothers Printers?

I never had this problem with the Samsung printers I have. But one of them recently failed so I had to purchase a new printer. JC

JamesCoppens, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Brother Printer Install Failing

1. Brother Printer Install Failing - Similar Threads - Brother Printer Install

2. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  3. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  4. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer: I can load my Brother printer software but it will not actually install, why?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/29dde689-b09c-4cbe-bfb4-acf6c49ac5d1
  5. Brother printer

Brother printer: when i send a print it comes out as A5 but all the settings appear to be A4. when i send it from another device the print is correct in A4. There must be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed, but i can't find it....
  6. Brother Printer

Brother Printer: I cannot get my printer to print anything from my laptop. The internet is unstable, so I have it cabled connected. It copies and work wireless to pint PDFs only. I've removed it and added the device again; still no luck. ugh...
  7. Brothers Printer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brothers Printer: How can I get my printer out of the sleep mode. I have turned it off and unplugged. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brothers-printer/0c169bef-076e-4dac-807e-5de947a33d1a
  8. Brother printer wiFi installation

Brother printer wiFi installation: Cannot get my subject printer to operate on Windows 10. Model printer I HL-L2350DW which always remains "off-line". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-wifi-installation/c1fd0258-a339-463b-a35b-5e8c11be0ca5
  9. Printer installation Brother mfc-L5900

Printer installation Brother mfc-L5900: Hello, I have two older computers and an older Brother MFC printer. I purchased a new Brother MFC-L5900 and tried to install the software, however, it was not compatible with Window 7. So I then install Windows 10 to both computers. I also went to the Brother website and...
  10. Brother printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother printers: Hi, I am a new Surface Go user - loving it so far. Just had a small hiccup installing a printer driver for my wireless printer. I've checked the Brother website, which shows my printer, HL-2270DW, is compatible with Windows 10 s, but the driver download is not available as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to install brother printer software on network