Windows 10: Brother printer MFC-5460CN will not print - Windows updated related problem

Discus and support Brother printer MFC-5460CN will not print - Windows updated related problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Was told by Brother folks that a Windows update KB4560960 was the problem - installed a few weeks ago. Windows says their next update KB4567612 would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoanneGeorgiana, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Brother printer MFC-5460CN will not print - Windows updated related problem

Was told by Brother folks that a Windows update KB4560960 was the problem - installed a few weeks ago. Windows says their next update KB4567612 would correct - it didn't.

Scanner works, but printer will not even print a test page.

Brother told me to uninstall the earlier update KB4560960, but there is no uninstall available.

Any ideas? I'm not comfortable playing behind the scenes on the computer. Don't want to mess the whole thing up. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!

Joanne

:)

JoanneGeorgiana, Jun 29, 2020
  2. jacobacci Win User

Brother MFC J6720DW listed with strange icon in Devices and Printers

I have reinstalled the drivers for my Brother MFC J6720DW and now the printer icon is listed in the unspecified category instead of the printer category. The printer is the "Device" icon to the right.

Brother printer MFC-5460CN will not print - Windows updated related problem [​IMG]

Right clicking on the icon shows the usual items for a printer (printing properties etc.), In addition it shows a "Browse Files" entry that lists the card reader of the printer.

Brother printer MFC-5460CN will not print - Windows updated related problem [​IMG]

To the left of the Brother printer icon there is another similar one that seems to be my USB card reader

jacobacci, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Wynona Win User

Dangit, Microsoft has messed up my printers once again!

My Brother MFC J825DW (Inkjet) printer won't print because Windows has set it to offline!

My Brother MFC 7460DN (Laser) printer just trucks right along.

Anybody know how I can get my Inkjet Brother back online?

Wynona, Jun 29, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

Brother printer MFC-5460CN will not print - Windows updated related problem

Turn it off and turn it back on?

simrick, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Brother printer MFC-5460CN will not print - Windows updated related problem

1. Brother printer MFC-5460CN will not print - Windows updated related problem - Similar Threads - Brother printer MFC

2. MFC-5890CN Brother printer stops printing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MFC-5890CN Brother printer stops printing after Windows update: My MFC-5890CN Brother printer stops printing after update in March 2021. This has happened before. You will think Microsoft guys would have taken this onboard. Any suggestion on what to do?...
  3. BROTHER MFC 5460CN

BROTHER MFC 5460CN: I have an MFC 5460CN hook up to a network and it will not scan or fax I have to hook it up to USB, there is no driver for this MFC on downland, I would like to know why Windows 10 didn't support this or have a download for it....
  4. Brother Printer MFC-J220

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother Printer MFC-J220: Brother Printer MFC-J220 still not working and now am getting messages that there's an error in Windows. I was following on from another Brother printer help. Why can't Microsoft send the update to correct this problem. In a way I'm glad I'm not on my own but come on...
  5. Brother MFC-465CN printer is not printing since updates

Brother MFC-465CN printer is not printing since updates: Hopefully, someone will be able to help me. Ever since the 6/2020 Microsoft updates, I have not been able to print from my computer. I have Windows 10 version 1909. I can scan and copy just fine, but cannot print anything. My Brother printer MFC-465CN is not listed in the...
  6. brothers MFC-J415W printer won't print

brothers MFC-J415W printer won't print: My Brothers MFC-J415W says that it's printing my test page/document but then it disappears from the Que with nothing printed. My husband can print remotely from his computer. My laptop printed fine a week ago!...
  7. Brother MFC-490CW printer not printing from PC

Brother MFC-490CW printer not printing from PC: We were on the phone with Brother Customer Service for over 2 hours and did all their recommended processes including reinstall the printer and drivers but we still cannot print. I can function selections like copying from the face of the printer but when I send a document...
  8. Brother MFC-465CN Printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother MFC-465CN Printer: Hi there, since 2 days ago when Microsoft 365 was updated, I can no longer print but I can still scan. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-mfc-465cn-printer/c38e4789-4843-4cac-9aae-42560fce4134
  9. Brothers MFC-885CW printer

Brothers MFC-885CW printer: I try reconnecting to WIFI with no luck. I tried all trouble shooting methods, to no avail. When I do port configuration it gives me a message that an error occurred during port configuration. Any help would be much appreciated....
  10. Brother printer MFC-J6730DW

Brother printer MFC-J6730DW: Loading A3 paper into front of machine tray 2 in portrait position. Detailing landscape print on full page but will only print landscape across A3 page. Have tried to rotate image before print but no change. Please help....