Windows 10: Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Discus and support Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tmdbrother88, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true?

:)

tmdbrother88, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jun 23, 2020
  3. d3im Win User
    Win10 print problem - Brother DCP-330C scanning but not printing

On friends Windows 10 having suddenly (yesterday) problem with printing on Brother DCP-330C multifunction.
    Windows sees printer online and is set to default.
    Scanning works fine. It's connected via USB.
    Printer works fine on another PC, so printer is OK.
    Brother software sees printer offline but is able to initiate scan.
    Tried reboot PC, another USB port, reboot printer, uninstall/reinstall - nothing helped for this PC.
    Print job can be seen in print queue it says "printing" and after a while it disappears - no error reports but nothing more happens.
    Is there a way how to completely remove all drivers/history of installed printer to start on greenfield?
    Don't know what happened - there was no change in system (don't know if there was any update of win)
    Printer uses driver provided by Windows 10 (manufacturer does not provide separate driver for win 10)
    Thanks in advance.

4. KenOp Win User

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Can't print to Brother networked printer

Hi,

I'm just wrapping up installation of a new computer, including a clean install of Windows 10. We have a networked Brother MFC-8480DN. I went to Brother's site, retrieved and installed the full driver and software package for this printer and 64-bit Win 10. There were no errors or warnings indicated during the installation. I rebooted the computers, and attempted to print a test page from Word. Nothing happened -- Word didn't give any error messages, but nothing was queued to the printer.

The printer is set as my default printer. The status shows 'working properly'. The device troubleshooter is unable to detect any errors. In attempting to print a test page from the Printer Properties dialog, it immediately pops up with 'Test page failed to print'.

I can "talk" to the printer. There's a web management page which I can reach without problem through a browser. One of the programs installed with the Brother package was a scan and fax utility, which I tried and had no problem scanning something.

So I'm really at a loss what the problem might be, or where to go from here. I hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Ken

KenOp, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

1. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan. - Similar Threads - Brother printer longer

2. My Brother printer no longer will scan wirelessly since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Brother printer no longer will scan wirelessly since upgrading to Windows 11: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, my Brother printer MFC-L8850 CDW will no longer scan using Windows 11. When I contacted Brother, they said the issues was with Windows and not Brother. Has anyone else had this similar issue? When reviewing the Brother website, they are not...
  3. My Brother printer no longer will scan wirelessly since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Brother printer no longer will scan wirelessly since upgrading to Windows 11: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, my Brother printer MFC-L8850 CDW will no longer scan using Windows 11. When I contacted Brother, they said the issues was with Windows and not Brother. Has anyone else had this similar issue? When reviewing the Brother website, they are not...
  4. Photos no longer printing correctly on my brother mfc printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Photos no longer printing correctly on my brother mfc printer: My photos were printing fine up until March 5th or 6th. Now they only print a small strip on the left and a larger strip on the right. The rest is white. Nothing tells me there is a problem. I even tried printing previous photos. Same problem. After being on a chat with...
  5. Cannon printer no longer printing or scanning

Cannon printer no longer printing or scanning: I have a Cannon MG3200 series printer/scanner, which has worked with no problems until October 2020 On the 13th October, I printed out a bank statement & some other documents. Since then, I have not been able to print anything!!! When I try to print a document, it goes...
  6. can no longer print brother

can no longer print brother: For some reason f as of this month, my brother prints can no longer print and my device is in an unspecified location. I have installed and reinstalled the device and tried my laptop and PC but to no avail. Have following all the tutorials I can find and short of deleting...
  7. Brother printer not printing

Brother printer not printing: My Brother printer MFC5890CN has stopped printing following the latest windows 10 updates. The printer works perfectly from another windows 10 laptop but not from my Dell PC. I have tried rolling back the update and re-installing the brother drivers from the Brother site to...
  8. Brother Printer no longer printing following latest microsoft update.

Brother Printer no longer printing following latest microsoft update.: Following latest microsoft update 12/06/20 my Brother DCP-197C would no longer print. Requests would queue momenterily then vanish. I uninstalled update KB4560960 this fixed the problem. I have delayed further updated for one month. Will this fault be fixed by then?...
  9. Brother MFC-L2750DW Printer scans but does not print anymore

Brother MFC-L2750DW Printer scans but does not print anymore: Hello, I purchased a new Brother printer about 4 months ago and it was working fine over my network at home, also from my android phone however i travel between offices and on the road regularly and i'm back at home and cannot print over my network, however using the...
  10. Can't print to Brother networked printer

Can't print to Brother networked printer: Hi, I'm just wrapping up installation of a new computer, including a clean install of Windows 10. We have a networked Brother MFC-8480DN. I went to Brother's site, retrieved and installed the full driver and software package for this printer and 64-bit Win 10. There were...