Windows 10: Brother printer not allowed through firewall

Discus and support Brother printer not allowed through firewall in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a tech support call with Brother it was determined that the firewall is blocking the printer communication. I have had it USB wired and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RondaYoung, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Brother printer not allowed through firewall

After a tech support call with Brother it was determined that the firewall is blocking the printer communication. I have had it USB wired and now wireless with the same issue. I know I can allow an app or feature through windows defender firewall but the printer is not listed. Can anyone help me with this?

:)

RondaYoung, Dec 6, 2019
  2. jacobacci Win User

Brother MFC J6720DW listed with strange icon in Devices and Printers

I have reinstalled the drivers for my Brother MFC J6720DW and now the printer icon is listed in the unspecified category instead of the printer category. The printer is the "Device" icon to the right.

Brother printer not allowed through firewall [​IMG]

Right clicking on the icon shows the usual items for a printer (printing properties etc.), In addition it shows a "Browse Files" entry that lists the card reader of the printer.

To the left of the Brother printer icon there is another similar one that seems to be my USB card reader

jacobacci, Dec 6, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

topgundcp, Dec 6, 2019
  4. weamish Win User

Brother printer not allowed through firewall

Brother printers - wireless connection

Yep, over the years I've contacted Brother by phone and online chat and email. They have a list of stock responses, none of which have solved the problem. Their printers work great when they're actually working. But the wireless issues are maddening. With other printer brands, my experience has been different - when the internet connection is restored, the printers automatically reconnect to the wifi SSID and work properly again, immediately. But for some reason this does not happen with Brother, even when their printers have reconnected.

weamish, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Brother printer not allowed through firewall

1. Brother printer not allowed through firewall - Similar Threads - Brother printer allowed

2. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  3. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  4. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. add printer through Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    add printer through Firewall: Hello I want to add my brother printer to my windows 10. Every time I print I have to deactivate my firewall Can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-printer-through-firewall/2822c00a-2e84-4b3f-91ff-0e1bcd33e26a
  6. Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?: I'm tired of seeing the message that my firewall is disabled all the time. Is there a simply rule or rules that I can apply to the firewall that will allow all traffic to flow both ways? I have a hardware firewall that keeps the network safe, so the Windows firewall isn't...
  7. Allow local connections through firewall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow local connections through firewall: Hi, I'm not sure where else to ask this. I want to be able to view my local website projects (I'm using WAMP server v.3) from other devices on the same network, so I can review my projects on my laptop and phone. I've followed these instructions which work great, but I found...
  8. firewall ,need to allow program through wall ,

firewall ,need to allow program through wall ,: nedd to allow program through firewall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-need-to-allow-program-through-wall/2e6c3e47-5a20-4ea7-a837-ac38ecc1a51a
  9. allowing a webpage through firewall

allowing a webpage through firewall: I am trying to access a webpage and do not know how to allow it through either my Chrome firewall or my Bitdefender. Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings....
  10. Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.

Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.: Hello, I have several ports that need to be open for the uses of software, but the thing is, i dont know how to do through windows firewall and that ports number are TCP OR UDP? Kindly someone can help me with this? Port number is 442 443 48009 48100 48101 48102...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 firewall brother printer wireless