Windows 10: Brother printer not printing

Discus and support Brother printer not printing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Brother printer MFC5890CN has stopped printing following the latest windows 10 updates. The printer works perfectly from another windows 10 laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by R0123456Z, Jun 21, 2020.

1. R0123456Z Win User

Brother printer not printing

My Brother printer MFC5890CN has stopped printing following the latest windows 10 updates. The printer works perfectly from another windows 10 laptop but not from my Dell PC. I have tried rolling back the update and re-installing the brother drivers from the Brother site to no avail. I also installed MS windows update of 18/Jun that supposedly fixes the issue, again to no avail. I can print to applications like Snagit and save the file output but not to Microsoft PDF.

I can also scan documents in from the printer scanner so there is nothing wrong with the connection itself, it just will not print.

Any attempt to print shows the document going to the queue briefly but then just disappears.

Can you lease advise on how to get my printer working again?

:)

R0123456Z, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jun 21, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Brother printer not printing [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Brother printer not printing

Brother printe Laser faded text

This is the Brother print quality troubleshooting guide for your printer: Online User's Guide

Follow the suggestions under the “faint” print topic. Light print is not a typical print problem requiring repair. Light print is usually a problem with your printer supplies, making it a consumables problem and not a printer hardware problem. Use a genuine brother toner cartridge and drum unit. Also check for the “toner save” feature that might be turned on.

If the light print continues, it is almost certainly the transfer roller that is causing the issue. However, it can be an electrical issue as well as an issue with the laser assembly.

Transfer rollers are usually a simple replacement but I don’t see a transfer roller available for this model of printer. Therefore, if using new, genuine supplies does not fix the problem the printer is not serviceable or is not worth the cost of repairing.

Appleoddity, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Brother printer not printing

1. Brother printer not printing - Similar Threads - Brother printer printing

2. Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print: I suddenly cannot print anything. I last printed day before yesterday.Printing from MS Office does not work.Test page will not print. The files go to the spooler but eventually their status turns to error.Ran the printing trouble shooter that indicates there is a problem but...
  3. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  4. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer: I can load my Brother printer software but it will not actually install, why?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/29dde689-b09c-4cbe-bfb4-acf6c49ac5d1
  5. Brother printer

Brother printer: when i send a print it comes out as A5 but all the settings appear to be A4. when i send it from another device the print is correct in A4. There must be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed, but i can't find it....
  6. My printer will not print Brother DCP-L2550DW

My printer will not print Brother DCP-L2550DW: My printer will not print Brother DCP-L2550DW. I tried to uninstall it and then reinstalling it, but that did not help. What could be the problem, and how can I fix it?...
  7. Brother Printer

Brother Printer: I cannot get my printer to print anything from my laptop. The internet is unstable, so I have it cabled connected. It copies and work wireless to pint PDFs only. I've removed it and added the device again; still no luck. ugh...
  8. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  9. brothers MFC-J415W printer won't print

brothers MFC-J415W printer won't print: My Brothers MFC-J415W says that it's printing my test page/document but then it disappears from the Que with nothing printed. My husband can print remotely from his computer. My laptop printed fine a week ago!...
  10. Can't print to Brother networked printer

Can't print to Brother networked printer: Hi, I'm just wrapping up installation of a new computer, including a clean install of Windows 10. We have a networked Brother MFC-8480DN. I went to Brother's site, retrieved and installed the full driver and software package for this printer and 64-bit Win 10. There were...